mooly123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooly123

I'm two shirt attempts into the new shirt blanks and one away from never buying a woot shirt again.

I've spent hours reading threads about the new blanks, but it clearly didn't help. I use to buy a WXL (I'm 5' 4", 140 lbs if that helps)and they fit very nice. I heard bad things about the new women's blanks so I tried a MS (strunk a lot and is a touch tight but otherwise okay) and a MM (shirt and sleeves are very long, otherwise a decent fit). I'm all for shortening shirts I like, but I don't want that to be everything I order.

Any women out there who used to wear a WXL find a new size they like? I feel like after washing the women's shirts sound like they get a really funny shape, but I really want a new halloween shirt :\

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

The general rule for the women's shirts is to go down a size. I couldn't wear women's in AA but I can wear the WXL in Anvil.

I usually suggest that you measure a shirt you like and compare those measurements to the sizing chart.

As to shrinking, they should be washed in cold and if dried, dry on LOW heat. I line dry mine and haven't had shrinkage problems.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mooly123

ThunderThighs wrote:The general rule for the women's shirts is to go down a size. I couldn't wear women's in AA but I can wear the WXL in Anvil.

I usually suggest that you measure a shirt you like and compare those measurements to the sizing chart.

As to shrinking, they should be washed in cold and if dried, dry on LOW heat. I line dry mine and haven't had shrinkage problems.

Thanks for the input. I have done the measuring, but I read so many things about weird arm puffs, funny shapes, etc. that I wasn't sure it was enough. As for special laundry treatment, I'm really trying to avoid that because as it is everything gets washed in a single load and being a tshirt I want it to be low maintenance.

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle
mooly123 wrote:Thanks for the input. I have done the measuring, but I read so many things about weird arm puffs, funny shapes, etc. that I wasn't sure it was enough. As for special laundry treatment, I'm really trying to avoid that because as it is everything gets washed in a single load and being a tshirt I want it to be low maintenance.

I also used to wear the old WXL or MM, so the new MM fits fine for me. I tried the new WM and was... disappointed. Even washing in cold water and air-drying, it shrunk awkwardly and the neck hole was always bigger than it should have been. I would recommend just going for the MM, and if it's too big, dry it on high heat so it shrinks down a bit! Hope that helps!

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
mooly123 wrote:I heard bad things about the new women's blanks so I tried a MS (strunk a lot and is a touch tight but otherwise okay) and a MM (shirt and sleeves are very long, otherwise a decent fit).

I've heard that the Anvil blanks shrink in length but not much in width, so if the MM fits well but feels too long, maybe try drying it? Narfcake managed to shrink a ML by nearly 3" in length, so if you decide to go that route, be careful that you get the desired level of shrinkage! (He posted pictures on deals.woot; it's the fifth post on this page for a visual comparison.)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

mooly123

arryielle wrote:I also used to wear the old WXL or MM, so the new MM fits fine for me. I tried the new WM and was... disappointed. Even washing in cold water and air-drying, it shrunk awkwardly and the neck hole was always bigger than it should have been. I would recommend just going for the MM, and if it's too big, dry it on high heat so it shrinks down a bit! Hope that helps!

Thank you so much! I've been looking for another person who wore WXL and tried the new women's shirts. I'll stick with the MM or maybe just get this one on a sweatshirt until I can try to shrink my other MM some more.

Narfcake

quality posts: 280 Private Messages Narfcake
mooly123 wrote:Thank you so much! I've been looking for another person who wore WXL and tried the new women's shirts. I'll stick with the MM or maybe just get this one on a sweatshirt until I can try to shrink my other MM some more.

It's been washed/dried on medium heat 6 times now, and that ML isn't shrinking any more - its length remains at 27" (originally measures 30"). Here's a length comparison pic versus a non-Woot shirt.

Since my ML lost 10% in length, I would figure that a size MM would lose a similar amount. 26.1" in length, it should end up about an inch-half shorter than the original American Apparel WXL shirts.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

I wore WXL and now I order WM. I wash in cold and air dry - maybe dry on low for 15 minutes if I'm impatient or to get out wrinkles. I haven't done measurements so I can't comment on the actual shrinkage. I like the fit of the new shirts and the neckhole. I feel suffocated in t shirts that "fit" me normally around the neck, so a wider neck works better for me. Tomorrow night when I get home I can take some comparison pictures for you.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

Ok, here are my pics (ignore my lumpy parts).

This is an WXL AA shirt (washed cold and air dried) laid over top of a WM Anvil shirt (washed cold and air dried). I matched up the collars. The difference in length is ~1/4 to 1/2 inch.

This is a close up of the difference in the collars (Anvil is a skinnier collar fabric, but wider overall).

Here is me wearing the WXL AA

Here is me wearing the WM Anvil

Overall, the Anvil is looser at the shoulder area (I have narrow shoulders so it shows more on me), but wider at the waist, which I like. The length is OK, but if it shrinks much more then I'm in trouble.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!