j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
officeink wrote:Mine is a Witch's Black Cat not a Cheshire Cat the description explains the design so admin can review it.

Really? You're sticking with that story?

move along

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
officeink wrote:I think if admin went that route then over half of all submissions would have to be rejected because "similar" designs have been done and sold. Mine is a Witch's Black Cat not a Cheshire Cat the description explains the design so admin can review it. Thanks for the comment.

This is not just similar, it's almost identical to not only existing shirts, but to shirts that contain a copyrighted character.

When the rejectionator wakes up I'd be shocked if this, the iron man, and chewbacca shirts aren't rejected for pretty much the same reason.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
fuacka wrote:Yeah!
I saw them when you told me but there's a lot of designs in the derby that already exist.
I'm afraid that it was too good to be original...

Thank kylemittskus

Yeah, there are a ton of similar shirts exist situations in this derby. I think the rejectionator may have taken a month off.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
antastic wrote:I was going to draw one of these! I think you have pulled it off better then I would. I hope people get the joke and don't think of the new one >_<

..even though he isn't in it...?

F the new one.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bluetuba

Mavyn wrote:Providing a link to show that a similar shirt exists is wrong? How? It's providing proof, nothing more.

I think what he's trying to say is that he views your links to a similar shirt as unfair competition on his version of the same thing. If people go buy that one they may not vote for and buy his here on Woot.

He's not understanding the ORIGINAL WORK ONLY - SIMILAR SHIRTS EXIST rule.

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka
Re: Be a Streefighter

xD lol
that's so funny!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
bluetuba wrote:This is not just similar, it's almost identical to not only existing shirts, but to shirts that contain a copyrighted character.

When the rejectionator wakes up I'd be shocked if this, the iron man, and chewbacca shirts aren't rejected for pretty much the same reason.

Yep. Rejectionator just woke up and is making the rounds. I do wish he would come by sooner however so artists have more time to make new designs.

bluetuba

I'd love to see your dark side more often Wences, just preferably not in a reference to a torture pr0n movie where a bunch of people get sewn together lips to anus. :P

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: The Green Giant

Similar shirts abound.

Here is just one.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Mavyn

officeink wrote:I think if admin went that route then over half of all submissions would have to be rejected because "similar" designs have been done and sold. Mine is a Witch's Black Cat not a Cheshire Cat the description explains the design so admin can review it. Thanks for the comment.

Note sure about your use of the air quotes, but really. The comments were not made to diss your design, but as a heads up.

Take it as you will. No one was being mean.

Mavyn

Re: Open your mind

Lots of similar tees for Kuato, too. *shrugs*

hcschmidt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hcschmidt
Re: Surrender? unlikely v2

Can someone let me know why this was rejected, like to learn from mistakes. Um, no is not very helpful. The gun? Too similar, copyright issues? Not incidental text? Placement? Colors? Something please!

fuacka

Mavyn wrote:Similar shirts abound.

The Rejectonator has spoken.
You don't have anyhting to say about the Vader shirt¿?

fuacka

Mavyn wrote:Lots of similar tees for Kuato, too. *shrugs*

Maybe if the shirt it's still on the derby it's because are not so similar...
Don't you??

bluetuba

Re: Surrender? unlikely v2

Pretty sure it's the gun. Wearing a shirt like that might just get you shot by the police IRL. Especially if you go crazy acting like John McClaine.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
unionboggle wrote:scan it and find out! hehe.

No smartphone
Any way to "scan" QR codes with just the interwebz?

hcschmidt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hcschmidt
bluetuba wrote:Pretty sure it's the gun. Wearing a shirt like that might just get you shot by the police IRL. Especially if you go crazy acting like John McClaine.

Ok, thanks! I should have stuck to the original design, it did not look as cool, but the gun was far cheesier lol. Dang and I was so proud of this one, aw well, next time.

penguinchao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penguinchao
Re: The keeper of dangerous animals

Guess who needs this shirt! ME!! :D

Mavyn

fuacka wrote:The Rejectonator has spoken.
You don't have anyhting to say about the Vader shirt¿?

Vader shirt has details that the others lack.

Mavyn

fuacka wrote:Maybe if the shirt it's still on the derby it's because are not so similar...
Don't you??

And the Rejectionator often makes several passes. Not surprising. So, no. I don't think so.

j5

Mavyn wrote:And the Rejectionator often makes several passes. Not surprising. So, no. I don't think so.

Rejectionator is discriminate.

move along

jocar626

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jocar626
chibiragdoll wrote:Absolutely adorable; of all the character themed tux-style shirts in this derby (and they're all super cool), this is the most pleasant surprise! I just have a problem with the title, which has nothing to do with the quality of the product, but ... (SPOILER!) ... he can't be a grandfather, as they couldn't have kids D: and I'm getting all choked up just thinking about it =T^T=

I enjoyed this movie thoroughly, i will be ordering one of these for sure.

shocktherapy91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shocktherapy91

This is a cool idea, but why is there a pocket all the way down there? i'll vote for this one if you put the pocket where a breast pocket should be.

j5

runnerfrog13 wrote:No smartphone
Any way to "scan" QR codes with just the interwebz?

http://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx

Here is the image URL for you:
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/f005db5c-15fd-416c-b747-02a6a0c1f493.jpg

move along

mistressofpez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistressofpez
Re: A Major Award

It's Italian.

inu14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inu14

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
Phoenixg wrote:BARRY White... Yeah, that would make more sense. For some reason, when I read that button, I was thinking, "Vader dialogue in Betty White's voice... heh" I think it was the Shatner button that threw me off that way. ;)

Yeah, I thought Betty White as well

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

inu14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inu14
penguinchao wrote:Guess who needs this shirt! ME!! :D

Thanks ^^.

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit

I just realized that for some reason I put a shadow under the lamp instead of a pool of light. Derp! Here's a close up of the final version.

dribbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dribbles
deboraho wrote:There are a few out here, like this, that the rejectionator needs to get.... These are wasted votes that could go to valid submissions !!

Agree

jonastrump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonastrump
ksspiff wrote:I see that more as hexamethylebenzene,

Yeah, I could see why it might look like that. The white circles were meant to be H's though.

alohawoot1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alohawoot1
Re: The One Shirt

I'd love this as a long-sleeved t-shirt.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
hungrykaren wrote:But it does follow the rules! The writing on the shirt is incidental, as in something a bum would write on his cardboard...as opposed to a t-shirt saying "this is a bum costume".

"Incidental text" means "the meaning or joke would still be clear without the text."

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

oakenspirit

quality posts: 72 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Ermahgerd Hahlerwern!

!!!!! This is so.... Wow man! +1

terrij

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrij
Re: Penguin Suit

I love it!

alohawoot1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alohawoot1
phoenix4159 wrote:I like this a lot, but I think it would be better with the dial a bit lower on the shirt ... enough to make the sleeves look like the handset.

Yeah, to make it look like a real phone, the dial should be a lot lower. For example, imagine the dial covering a beer belly....

fuacka

Re: The Green Giant

Well, my design have details too that others designs don't

tehbronson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehbronson
Re: The McFly

I like this, too, but wouldn't it be better if the shirt is the same color as the vest? I assume that's not possible with the shirt color options, but just a thought.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Time Warp Again

There are so many excellent designs that I wasn't even going to enter but I have a (kindof) record to maintain. So let's do the time warp, again!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow

This is awesome.