uclabru1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uclabru1

Honestly,

This shirt really bothers me. These guys are so cute, there should really be only 1 shirt with all of them working together, in a scenario or something.

Frankly, partisan politics is a reason things are still not functioning well...

neuropsychosocial wrote:Our elections would be much more pleasant if all the candidates were this adorable. Nice to see Ramy draw some elephants and donkeys as cute as his penguins and bunnies!

Will these go in the Reckoning as one shirt?!?

ludog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ludog
kaveman909 wrote:Somehow I can't imagine many republicans purchasing Woot tees... but I could be wrong

You are.

Trevorskatezz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Trevorskatezz

There should be 3 choices.. The last one with just a pot leaf =)

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
Trevorskatezz wrote:There should be 3 choices.. The last one with just a pot leaf =)

I agree, as that's usually what white straight male libertarians care about, really.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

batchy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages batchy
ThunderThighs wrote:We covered the third party in the write-up:

So no ... Libertarian Shrugging Atlases this time around.

That just made me LOL for real.

applepie42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages applepie42

I think the 3rd party shirt should be purple with a cute brain holding a flag.

penguincharmer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages penguincharmer
TheXBritish wrote:It's great that people have different politic beliefs, but the U.S. is a two-party system. If you're a third party, you just have to line up with whichever candidate you agree with the most. Or not vote. But you should always vote. ALWAYS.

Sounds like one of the sheep talking. "You can't change the two party system. Just deal with it."

We are stuck in a two party system because people have this type of mentality.

cleverconveyence

applepie42 wrote:I think the 3rd party shirt should be purple with a cute brain holding a flag.

I think my eyes just rolled so far into the back of my head that I saw my brain holding its metaphysical face in its hand.

penguincharmer wrote:Sounds like one of the sheep talking. "You can't change the two party system. Just deal with it."

We are stuck in a two party system because people have this type of mentality.

Look out, everyone! We got a red pill taker over here!

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet

whoever mentioned the purple is right.

there should be a "free market" liberatarian shirt featuring a cute, prancing, purple unicorn.

almeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages almeyer

Why no Third-Party? Two Party Political system is a joke

startanew2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages startanew2

I'm so disgusted with both of these parties that I'm afraid I'll have to just go shirtless this year. Maybe we can call the new political party we so desperately need the "skins" team party?

pragmatist007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pragmatist007

It's kind of funny that the "independent" shirt is evocative of a candidate that was basically what a modern day democrat is.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bluetuba wrote:Wow, you guys actually found a way to make politics even more horrible.

The mods are going to have fun today by gum!

We're going to be just fine because everyone is going to be nice, polite, and considerate. There's not going to be any flaming, name calling, or inappropriate language or pics.

In other words....

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

GSimmons01

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GSimmons01
cleverconveyence wrote:I am almost positive that this user got this backwards or is a recently recovered coma patient.

double ditto. I mean I don't want to start a too heated of a debate, but one party literally has a "movement" going on in it right now, and the other doesn't have much movement at all. I'd say that's pretty "radical."

On the other hand, the user may be a really, really old southerner who abandoned the democratic party during the civil rights movement. I doubt there are many dixiecrats around these days...

cleverconveyence

ThunderThighs wrote:We're going to be just fine because everyone is going to be nice, polite, and considerate. There's not going to be any flaming, name calling, or inappropriate language or pics.

In other words....

Oh gosh! Senpai may finally notice me! :3

GSimmons01 wrote:
On the other hand, the user may be a really, really old southerner who abandoned the democratic party during the civil rights movement. I doubt there are many dixiecrats around these days...

Could you imagine, though?

srac911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srac911

I go with Richard Pryor's character in "Brewster's Millions" and his NONE OF THE ABOVE campaign. None of the choices we have deserve our votes.

I bet a shirt with that on it would sell out quickly - would probably sell-out more quickly than our current candidates, haha!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
ThunderThighs wrote:We're going to be just fine because everyone is going to be nice, polite, and considerate. There's not going to be any flaming, name calling, or inappropriate language or pics.

In other words....

But my momma always said it was impolite to point at people...

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

GSimmons01

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GSimmons01
SeraphSix wrote:Last time I checked, the Libertarian Party in the US was a politically aligned third party...

Indeed, but I don't think all people who state that they are "Libertarians" directly identify with the "Libertarian Party." Sometimes your libertarian views steer you towards a particular main candidate over another. The Libertarian Party is not always on a ticket.

That said, it annoys me to hear these kids say "third party" as if all of us outside the main two don't have contrasting views. I'm a registered Whig and I can think of three other parties on the Maryland ticket alone and I'm sure there are even smaller groups that write themselves in. Many of my views are not shared by the green party, for example.

Our mascot is an owl by the way..

cleverconveyence

srac911 wrote:I go with Richard Pryor's character in "Brewster's Millions" and his NONE OF THE ABOVE campaign. None of the choices we have deserve our votes.

I have to say that that is a very privileged outlook to take.

For straight, white, middle class males, sure, it probably doesn't matter which candidate you vote for. The thing is, for the rest of the country, the policies enacted and supported by the President have concrete, measurable implications on our daily lives. It matters to us, and there is definitely one choice worth more than the other.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

And sorry, third parties. We're only doing the two big ones. So no Green Party Alligators or Libertarian Shrugging Atlases this time around.

very telling of the times we live in as of today.you have only two choices it's either one or the other.two choices is not enough! guess we go without. no worries cause it's just ramyb.

srac911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srac911
cleverconveyence wrote:I have to say that that is a very privileged outlook to take.

For straight, white, middle class males, sure, it probably doesn't matter which candidate you vote for. The thing is, for the rest of the country, the policies enacted and supported by the President have concrete, measurable implications on our daily lives. It matters to us, and there is definitely one choice worth more than the other.

Well, I'm not one of the privileged, and I do not trust either candidate - they are both proven liars.

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo
TheXBritish wrote:It's great that people have different politic beliefs, but the U.S. is a two-party system. If you're a third party, you just have to line up with whichever candidate you agree with the most. Or not vote. But you should always vote. ALWAYS.

It's only a "two-party system" because those two parties say so and too many people believe them.

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

And sorry, third parties. We're only doing the two big ones. So no Green Party Alligators or Libertarian Shrugging Atlases this time around.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Atlas_(BattleMech)

http://www.mechwarriorwiki.com/wiki/Atlas

If it was one of those shrugging, I would buy the hell out of that shirt.

(Yes, I know the actual reference.)

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
aoviss wrote:I think I have more woot shirts than anyone. Seriously.

Pure GOP since the radicals took over the democratic party.

Flame on?

Wait! What? Radical take over the Democratic party ? Oh I get it,it's a put on or you're Karl Rove.
Can't imagine an adult wearing either shirt.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

There is no New Whig Party shirt...

... I think we should discuss why not- and perhaps compromise with half a New Whig Party shirt next election.

RocRizzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo

How come no green shirt for the Green Party? Again the Green Party is left out.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

RocRizzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo
jmbunkin wrote:Wait! What? Radical take over the Democratic party ? Oh I get it,it's a put on or you're Karl Rove.
Can't imagine an adult wearing either shirt.

Ignore those posts. Rove pays them per post, to post against Democratic Party folks.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I advocate the use of bow ties. Candidates need to look sillier.

ajeoae

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ajeoae

This is really a poll in disguise...isn't it.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ

why?? why should we always vote?? there isn't any reason to. one is just as bad as the other, and money rules, not ethics. "oh you want me to do whats right and what will help out our country?? well this guy over here will pay me a S-tun o money not to do that so yea im gunna go with him!!" B^P

i just go along for the ride and do the best i can until December when all the survivors will be Africans anyways B^P (don't know what im talkin bout go watch 2012 he he)

[Mod: Removed personal attack. Comment on the art, not the artist.]

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian

This is pretty relevant.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

cwfenn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cwfenn
eholling wrote:There's always this one:

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/independenceindependents

Brake for moose - It can save your life!

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone

This really bothers me. In a community of people who are usually considerate of each other (for the most part) and try to get along, why would Woot intentionally throw gasoline on a simmering political flame? One of the things I love(d) most about this place was the way it was moderated - no politics, no blatant religion (either pro or con). We could leave all that baggage at the door and just know and respect each other for this one factor - love of a well-reasoned tee shirt design.

With this 'choose your side' option today, what did you think would happen? People are already aligning them on one side of the other (except for the indie's, aligning themselves in a huddle in a third corner), while denegrating those who aren't 'on their side'. Look at the comments so far, and it's only 7:30 AM EST.

If you're looking for a great way to break up the Community, you're on the right track. This was a bad decision by Woot. I'm sort of ashamed of you.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
kaveman909 wrote:Somehow I can't imagine many republicans purchasing Woot tees... but I could be wrong

Is that because Woot tees are fun and no one equates fun with republicans?

hanuman3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hanuman3

Might be fun to buy both, and wear them alternating weeks. Then:
1) You would truly be undecided
2) You could feel the hate and ridicule of both sides
3) You can embrace all Americans
4) You can hide that you're really Canadian.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
hanuman3 wrote:Might be fun to buy both, and wear them alternating weeks. Then:
1) You would truly be undecided
2) You could feel the hate and ridicule of both sides
3) You can embrace all Americans
4) You can hide that you're really Canadian.

I like your idea.

Mystic2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mystic2
travisl wrote:Exit polls predict some grumpy recipients the next time Woot offers random shirts.

I agree as the only random shirt I ever threw away (recycled immediately to the charity bin I couldn't actually trash it) was from a few years back and I received the opposite one from my views..,,,

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

I love having my freedoms. I think I'll keep my money and wear my Boston Tea Party shirt from back when w00t didn't suck.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

quiverby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages quiverby

I think I've found what I'm going to wear when I'm campaigning this month!

(Nope, not telling what party. Doesn't matter. Now please, everyone, go and VOTE this year.)

alexander5245

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alexander5245
TheXBritish wrote:If you're a third party, you just have to line up with whichever candidate you agree with the most. Or not vote. But you should always vote. ALWAYS.

So you're saying that I, as a libertarian, SHOULD vote, and I SHOULD vote for someone I dislike.

Why should someone vote if he doesn't want to? Why should he vote for someone he opposes? It makes no sense.

There's only two reasons to vote: to affect the outcome, or to express your preference. Unless my candidate wins by exactly one vote (which ain't gonna happen), my vote has not affected the outcome. So I choose to express my preference.