itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
penguincharmer wrote:Sounds like one of the sheep talking. "You can't change the two party system. Just deal with it."

We are stuck in a two party system because people have this type of mentality.

Keep fighting the man in the forums of shirt.woot. Let me know when you successfully separate money and politics.

Also, isn't it kind of obvious why there isn't a third party shirt? Everyone is throwing out their idea of what the shirt should be, but none of them are the same, just like 3rd parties.

Besides, it's ramyb. Ew.

ruthszp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruthszp

I really wish you could pick the color of woot shirts. I would buy so many more! And I would own all of rambyb's shirts.

Gortizjr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Gortizjr

Woo-hoo... Finally a shirt to print "Republicans for Obama" in the back!

Gortizjr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Gortizjr
alexander5245 wrote:So you're saying that I, as a libertarian, SHOULD vote, and I SHOULD vote for someone I dislike.

Why should someone vote if he doesn't want to? Why should he vote for someone he opposes? It makes no sense.

There's only two reasons to vote: to affect the outcome, or to express your preference. Unless my candidate wins by exactly one vote (which ain't gonna happen), my vote has not affected the outcome. So I choose to express my preference.

This is the worst kind of logic there is. The purpose of voting is to make your voice heard as a collective whole, which is made up of individuals. The reason politicians ignore the wants/needs/preferences of large groups is because they fail to collectively make their voice heard by voting. This is why politicians cater to senior citizens, unions, etc.

Therefore, if you want your 3rd party to be taken seriously you should not only vote, but you should convince as many people in your party to vote as well.

satrnbmb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages satrnbmb

Where's the shirt for people who do not identify with either of those parties?

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie

Did Ramy really just make two political shirts and leave out his most popular choice? The Liberty Penguin representing the Libertarian Party???

How, how did this happen???

45chel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 45chel
gusvonpooch wrote:Is that because Woot tees are fun and no one equates fun with republicans?

That was my thought.
I know great people from all 4 parties (5 if you count the Cthulhu supporters) but those great people don't run the GOP and aren't guiding the narrative.

I love woot.shirts. Love, love, love.
*However* if you support a particular party, you should be giving the money to them, in the form of a donation., rather than buying a shirt here.

Besides, it's actually dangerous to show political support for that donkey in my area. People will actually break your windows, aggressively confront you, key your car; I'll stick to purples this month.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

There is no end to other political party shirts if you're dying for other choices. Pizza Party (Pepperoni/Sausage 2012!) or Smuggler Party (Solo/Reynolds "Always Shoot First") or what have you are always out there.

Me, I vote Party Stark. I hear they're a head in the polls.

*cue sad trombone*

astones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astones

Yeah, where's the purple ele-donkey?

jesssup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jesssup

So, it appears that the GOP elephant is waving his flag proudly while the DEM donkey is chewing his up. Not so subtle symbolism, I think.

seltzerdog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages seltzerdog
jeremytheindian wrote:

This is pretty relevant.

I consider this required viewing for everyone lamenting the two-party system and partisan politics. SPOILER ALERT: They aren't the cause of the problem, they are the inevitable outcome of the problem.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8

There should have been a shirt with a monkey holding a flag on a purple shirt, you know, Wooters Party FTW!!!!!

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
jesssup wrote:So, it appears that the GOP elephant is waving his flag proudly while the DEM donkey is chewing his up. Not so subtle symbolism, I think.

I guess you see what you want to see,I thought the donkey was quietly kissing the flag.The elephant was waving it for all to see and trumbeting "See I'm patriotic I just bought a flag"

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Awesome, had to pick one of these up. ^_^ Might as well go into the hellish election season wearing something cute!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
ThunderThighs wrote:We're going to be just fine because everyone is going to be nice, polite, and considerate. There's not going to be any flaming, name calling, or inappropriate language or pics.

In other words....

I'm being good! I went to bed instead of starting something with the "Pubs are great because Dems are filled with crazy radicals" guy!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

die13lda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages die13lda
jesssup wrote:So, it appears that the GOP elephant is waving his flag proudly while the DEM donkey is chewing his up. Not so subtle symbolism, I think.

Or it could be the mere fact that the elephant has a prehensile trunk. Without being anthropomorphic, the donkey really only has one option for waving his flag.

crankyassjess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crankyassjess

I know this isn't an official poll, but I would be curious to know the purchase outcome.

EDIT: grammar

midstarrynight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midstarrynight
jeremytheindian wrote:

This is pretty relevant.

Thanks for posting That was quite interesting

spockgnome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spockgnome
Guybrush01 wrote:Wouldn't a libertarian print his or her's own shirt without the help of some politically aligned third party?

Oh, if only there was a 'like' option for posts (not that there needs to be, but dang it would come in handy for this) :D

+1

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
itoaseik wrote:Keep fighting the man in the forums of shirt.woot. Let me know when you successfully separate money and politics.

Also, isn't it kind of obvious why there isn't a third party shirt? Everyone is throwing out their idea of what the shirt should be, but none of them are the same, just like 3rd parties.

Besides, it's ramyb. Ew.

The hilarious thing is that Obama is infinitely more likely to have a hand in getting Citizens United overturned, making him the choice of those who want to get money out of politics.

kippyj wrote:I love having my freedoms. I think I'll keep my money and wear my Boston Tea Party shirt from back when w00t didn't suck.

You mean the time when people of color were property and not people, and only white men with land had any power? Yeah man, those were good times for freedom.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

cleverconveyence

srac911 wrote:and I do not trust either candidate - they are both proven liars.

False equivalency much?

srac911 wrote:Well, I'm not one of the privileged,

Are you
-white?
-straight?
-a child of a family in middle class or upper-middle class?
-male?

If you're at least 3 of these things, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)

tkpenn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tkpenn
GSimmons01 wrote:

On the other hand, the user may be a really, really old southerner who abandoned the democratic party during the civil rights movement.

Funny. Look at the vote totals of the Civil Rights Act. A higher percentage of Republicans voted for it than did Democrats. People always assume the Dems are the party of Civil Rights and that the Republicans try to hold people down. Turns out facrs disprove this ludicrous notion.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
cleverconveyence wrote:Are you
-white?
-straight?
-male?

I mean, if you want to look at it like that, are you:
-born/living in the United States?
-accessing the internet?
-using the internet to visit a capitalist consumer-frenzy site?

Be realistic.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
-white?
-straight?
-male?

I'm a white male aged 18-49! Everyone listens to me!

Mmmm, nuts and gum....

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99
kaveman909 wrote:Somehow I can't imagine many republicans purchasing Woot tees... but I could be wrong

Yes, you would be.

srac911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srac911
-white?
-straight?
-male?

I'm not.
So you're saying they're not both liars and I cannot distrust both of them. Gee, thanks for guiding my life.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

So is this the first RamyB shirt in woot history where the majority of debating going on is not focused on the fact that it's a RamyB shirt?

Amazing!

sjt2115

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjt2115
tkpenn wrote:Funny. Look at the vote totals of the Civil Rights Act. A higher percentage of Republicans voted for it than did Democrats. People always assume the Dems are the party of Civil Rights and that the Republicans try to hold people down. Turns out facrs disprove this ludicrous notion.

And you'll notice that most of those Dems who voted against it switched and are now Republicans and their former districts and states are now deep red, and vice versa. All those Dixiecrats traded in their donkey buttons for elephant pins. Same old "states rights" rhetoric, new team labels, which is where we get the modern GOP.

LBJ was wrong when he said "We have lost the South for a generation" as a result of him (a Dem) pushing for and signing the act. Turns out it was multiple generations.

xdavex

quality posts: 16 Private Messages xdavex

Some post-election poetry;

The election is over, the votes have been cast.
The choice of the people is now known at last.
So let by-gones be by-gones and all hard feelings pass.
I'll hug your elephant if you'll just kiss my...donkey.

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian
midstarrynight wrote:Thanks for posting That was quite interesting

All of CGPGrey's video's are awesomely informative. Look him up on YouTube sometime.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

mellobeth66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mellobeth66

D for donkey, D for democrat, just in case anyone was wondering. That's how I always remember .

sjt2115

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjt2115

Both shirts are great. Despite myself I like the elephant better, but it also helps that baby elephants are naturally cute.

To everyone decrying the state of politics: the curse of democracy is that you get the government you deserve.

Don't want to vote? Fine. Don't. Nothing says you have to. Your vote probably won't make a difference overall. Your time may be better spent making cookies or writing a sonnet. But know that you've ceded your voice in how your country is run, and not just at the top. National, state, county, city, local, judges, school board, initiatives: all of these things effect your life and will continue to effect your life.

Not a partisan? Split your ticket however you like.

Like a 3rd party? By all means, vote for them and get all your friends to do so too. This can be especially effective at lower levels, where there are plenty of 3rd party elected officials.

Politics is a messy, imperfect affair but its important and you can have a say if you demand it.

Happy voting, wooting and cookie baking.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
itoaseik wrote:I mean, if you want to look at it like that, are you:
-accessing the internet?

Be realistic.

Quality post!

geekjutsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekjutsu
45chel wrote:
Besides, it's actually dangerous to show political support for that donkey in my area. People will actually break your windows, aggressively confront you, key your car; I'll stick to purples this month.

This right here.
I live in Maryland (blue state) but in a very red county.
I am sure my girlfriend would think the donkey shirt is cute but it wouldn't be worth the harassment.

Krisis86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Krisis86

Oh darn - these are really really cute. I would love to get one for my 4 year old. But I'd rather have both parties on one shirt.

I don't vote for parties; I vote for whoever will do the best job for America.

Which is why this election I am voting for my mom. Because my mom is awesome. That is all.

PS - This year the election is on my birthday. These two presidential goobers are totally taking away from the most important issue in America - me.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I vote for the party party.
Where's that shirt?
(The Binge is the closest currently available)

move along

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
bassanimation wrote:Awesome, had to pick one of these up. ^_^ Might as well go into the hellish election season wearing something cute!

Some states have laws prohibiting campaigning at polling places (I know California does) so I'd suggest not wearing anything remotely political to a polling place. I've never seen or heard of anyone being stopped because of it, but you don't want to antagonize the people manning the polls.

cleverconveyence

itoaseik wrote:I mean, if you want to look at it like that, are you:
-accessing the internet?

Be realistic.

There is a difference between having privilege and having privilege and denying it.

martiakin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martiakin

Just a personal preference -- LONG SLEEVES are a good alternative at this time of year.

srac911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srac911
cleverconveyence wrote:There is a difference between having privilege and having privilege and denying it.

You just don't like the fact that I'm not what you have assumed that I am. Isn't that too bad?