enaych

quality posts: 4 Private Messages enaych

(I'd planned to post this under "Artist's Resources," but I can't seem to get a new topic form, and given that the last post on that board was over 2 wks ago, I'm thinking there may be a technical problem with it.)

I just made an ebay purchase of some Corel Painter Essentials software. The listing stated that it was new, never opened, manufacturer sealed.

I received a sealed disk, but no box, no "Tutorial Based Guide Book."

So, is the guide book worth having?

I'm trying to decide between doing without it, trying to make some complaint about it (listing says "no returns" but I'd complain if I felt it was a deceptive listing), or seeing if I could get one from another source.

I'd prefer to go the route of least trouble, but thought I'd better first get an opinion on the guide book. I do have experience using Photoshop, if that info is of any use.

Thanks!

Might as well have a signature now since I have something to put into it.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked

Not a technical problem. Mods move things there when they are concidered worthy. I think only staff can make threads there.

And I have no clue about your question, but at least I am bumping the topic.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Are the tutorials not on the disk?

move along

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
enaych wrote:I just made an ebay purchase of some Corel Painter Essentials software. The listing stated that it was new, never opened, manufacturer sealed.

I received a sealed disk, but no box, no "Tutorial Based Guide Book."

I'm trying to decide between doing without it, trying to make some complaint about it (listing says "no returns" but I'd complain if I felt it was a deceptive listing), or seeing if I could get one from another source.

idk if the book is worth having, but i wanted to point out that the disk may be a freebie that was packaged with hardware (e.g., a wacom graphics tablet), which may be why there's no box or printed manual. as j5 pointed out above, there may be a tutorial on the disk itself.

enaych

j5 wrote:Are the tutorials not on the disk?

no1 wrote:i wanted to point out that the disk may be a freebie that was packaged with hardware (e.g., a wacom graphics tablet), which may be why there's no box or printed manual.

Good assumption. I hadn't considered that.

I'm sure there is a help file on the disk, though I doubt it's a tutorial. And being of the baby boomer generation, I still find a book easier to look at when I'm trying to figure something out (as opposed to switching between windows). The seller was reasonable when I expressed my disappointment and agreed to accept a return if that's what I wanted. But while I would prefer having the book, I guess I'll keep it... the price couldn't be beat. Now all I need is to score a Black Friday deal on the graphics tablet I want.

Thank you all!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
enaych wrote:Good assumption. I hadn't considered that.

I'm sure there is a help file on the disk, though I doubt it's a tutorial. And being of the baby boomer generation, I still find a book easier to look at when I'm trying to figure something out (as opposed to switching between windows). The seller was reasonable when I expressed my disappointment and agreed to accept a return if that's what I wanted. But while I would prefer having the book, I guess I'll keep it... the price couldn't be beat. Now all I need is to score a Black Friday deal on the graphics tablet I want.

Thank you all!

Should be tutorial videos on the disk.

move along

enaych

j5 wrote:Should be tutorial videos on the disk.

Thanks, I'll look for them. Now all I need is time to load and explore the software. It's been a crazy week.