WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What kind of stuff do you share on Facebook:
  • 26.8% - Nothing. 226
  • 6% - Funny videos and memes only. 51
  • 38.9% - If something strange or interesting happens to me, I might share it. 328
  • 5.5% - My achievements. Like new job, got into school, etc. 46
  • 3.8% - POLITICS! 32
  • 0.1% - Deeply personal stories. 1
  • 18.9% - I don’t have Facebook. 159
843 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

maxstroud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maxstroud

I post mostly pictures of my kids or friends. Then I tag them so I don't have deal with picture requests.

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

Mostly pics of my daughter. Because family lives so far away they like to see lots of pics and videos. And updates on my pregnancy. And anything interesting that happens in life (so not much there). Yeah, unless you're family, friending me on facebook is pretty boring.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Nothing.
FB is a consumption service for me.
I'm a serial "liker".

move along

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Random shite. Mostly pictures, mostly of food.

ETS: Yes, Mr 5, you are. bahahaha!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

Mavyn wrote:Random shite. Mostly pictures, mostly of food.

ETS: Yes, Mr 5, you are. bahahaha!

+1

move along

Eltinwe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eltinwe

Where is the option for "whatever strikes my fancy at any given moment, subject to change without notice"?

j5 wrote:Nothing.
FB is a consumption service for me.
I'm a serial "liker".

I had an overwhelming urge to "like" this.

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba

Pretty much anything really, random thoughts, daily happenings, music/TV/movies/gaming stuff I'm doing or liking, links to jokes or things I find important, pics of family, ect...

Nothing too personal(and you won't find my ph# or address or anything like that on it) because it's mostly online friends I don't want to annoy or family members I don't want to scare with angry rants or emo outbursts.

I've been talking to other people on these here intertube webs for like 15 years now so it comes naturally to me.

I resisted and avoided facebook for years because I felt like it was an annoying social clique, but now I'm glad because it helps me keep in touch in a centrally located way with people I otherwise would have a harder time doing so with.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

No politics
No religion
No reposting George Takei/Wil Wheaton/etc (because most of my friends have seen it)

Just articles I find interesting, pictures of the cat, music that people should listen to (IMO) and otters.

I am also a serial 'liker', I suppose.

I'm just hanging out, really.

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba

Aside from the occasional mean spirited mocking of Rick Santorum I stay out of politics too.. ^^

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I pay very close attention to politics, and I'm very opinionated, but I luckily have enough FB friends that bring up politics that I remember there's a reason I don't. Just something I think is funny, or a cool video. Mostly targeted shares, like a link to Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. for my fellow TNG fans.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8

I was big on blogging, because it was anonymous. FB killed anonymity and I don't want my friends and family to find out a lot about me. I am not serial anything, just awkward.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ChronoSquall14 wrote:I pay very close attention to politics, and I'm very opinionated, but I luckily have enough FB friends that bring up politics that I remember there's a reason I don't. Just something I think is funny, or a cool video. Mostly targeted shares, like a link to Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. for my fellow TNG fans.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
inkycatz wrote:

That's me.

I'm pretty sure some of my friends are daring me to hide/unfriend them with their rants...but then I just share a picture of my incredibly smart 6yo doing something amazing and I feel better... especially when I am urging them to donate to his school Jog-a-Thon at the same time.

Spam me, spam you.

j5

ChronoSquall14 wrote:Mostly targeted shares, like a link to Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. for my fellow TNG fans.

You meant this, right?

move along

slacker44

quality posts: 7 Private Messages slacker44
j5 wrote:You meant this, right?

Nice! I remember this being a derby entry. Did it print somewhere else?

j5

slacker44 wrote:Nice! I remember this being a derby entry. Did it print somewhere else?

I never actually submitted it anywhere else.

move along

slacker44

quality posts: 7 Private Messages slacker44
j5 wrote:I never actually submitted it anywhere else.

Ah. Let us know if you do. I'd be in for one!