Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Talk about a ruined childhood.

maahes0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maahes0

Let's see Kit-Kat Hershey's bar, Twix, Reese's, Toostie Roll, and Tootsie pop, smarties, peppermint, standard lolipop, apple, candy corn, hmm I just can't figure out the fish hook and the nails ones.

lunadust12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunadust12

All this time I've been told you'll lose teeth by eating too much candy. I'll need this for my next dentist appointment to prove him wrong.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Wait a minute, it glows in the dark too?!!!

Must buy once my next paycheck hits.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

The Hallowoot continues! In for one again. How van I resist, every parent's worst nightmare, right here, on a shirt!

Now I crave a Reese's!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Hallowoot! Glow in the dark! It's my favorite time of year! I should go buy candy for the kids in my neighborhood! And keep my scissors and razor blades far far away from the bucket of candy!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

. . . and get off my lawn!

Melikins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melikins

Lol, I love the one staple in the candy corn.

jellebean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jellebean

Gotta be honest, this shirt bothers me

jadis4742

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jadis4742

Wait, no one else thinks this is messed up? No one remembers the days when this stuff ACTUALLY HAPPENED and hurt kids? No one knows this is the reason parents are warned to only let their kids have sealed candy from recognizable brands?

I know you were trying to be edgy, Shirt Woot, but this is just in bad taste. I think I'm out for good now.

hoboIke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoboIke

I find this shirt in poor taste. I like Woots humor but this goes a bit overboard.

mrsnopq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsnopq
jellebean wrote:Gotta be honest, this shirt bothers me

Yep, me too. Just a little too close to poison-laced Tylenol for my liking.

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond

oh, shirt.woot!, you and your road maps to disasters *shakes head* *turns page in Anarchist Cookbook*

Vote:

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete
jadis4742 wrote:Wait, no one else thinks this is messed up? No one remembers the days when this stuff ACTUALLY HAPPENED and hurt kids? No one knows why this is the reason parents are warned to only let their kids have sealed candy from recognizable brands?

I know you were trying to be edgy, Shirt Woot, but this is just in bad taste. I think I'm out for good now.

I think you'd better check your facts there. I don't think there is a single confirmed case of tainted candy being distributed at random to strangers.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Oh look. It's also a tote bag . Just as creepy.

hoboIke

Woot I think this shirt should go the way of your two for Tuesday...outta here!

joetechco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joetechco

Incredibly poor taste!

zsinix

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zsinix
lete wrote:I think you'd better check your facts there. I don't think there is a single confirmed case of tainted candy being distributed at random to strangers.

When I was a kid, I got stuck with something like a sewing pin hidden in a piece of laffy taffy. I confirm it.

Thanks for reminding me of the year I got a tetanus instead of the rest of my candy...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Yeah, kinda with you there. I lived this era.

I am NOT customer service.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

joetechco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joetechco

In reference to the post of no documented cases....there have been many. Razor blades in apples, etc.

hoboIke

joetechco wrote:Incredibly poor taste!

I have to agree...I have been buying from Woot for 8 years and have never had an issue with what they've put up for sale until this shirt

jadis4742

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jadis4742
lete wrote:I think you'd better check your facts there. I don't think there is a single confirmed case of tainted candy being distributed at random to strangers.

Here you go, a mom just found a needle in her kid's candy just last year.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15929511/montgomery-county-mom-says-needle-found-in-candy

And there are many documented cases of posioned candy, but you're right -- the culprits were mostly family members killing their kids for insurance.

In any case, this shirt isn't edgy, it's disturbing, and NOT something any responsible company should be encouraging..

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

What's the point if you can see the hidden items anyway?

hoboIke

jadis4742 wrote:Here you go, a mom just found a needle in her kid's candy just last year.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15929511/montgomery-county-mom-says-needle-found-in-candy

And there are many documented cases of posioned candy, but you're right -- the culprits were mostly family members killing their kids for insurance.

In any case, this shirt isn't edgy, it's disturbing, and NOT something any responsible company should be encouraging..

Perhaps there is new management in at Woot? I sometimes buy Woot shirts for my kids but I don't know anymore with this poor taste in a shirt selection

emerson42

quality posts: 2 Private Messages emerson42

Nothing like a little morbid humor about killing children to brighten the mood, right?

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

What...? Count me among the disturbed. Even if many of the stories about "tainted" candy are hoaxes, or if most that are real are pranks done by family members, the fact that it's happened ever (http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/needles.asp) makes this a disturbing in a bad way subject to put on a t-shirt. :/

Lepoth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lepoth

This shirt is why I'll be running a metal detector over my kid's Halloween candy before letting them dig in.

hoboIke

emerson42 wrote:Nothing like a little morbid humor about killing children to brighten the mood, right?

Perhaps like a salmonella scare they can pull the product from the shelves to save their reputation

bonafidemike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonafidemike
maahes0 wrote:Let's see Kit-Kat Hershey's bar, Twix, Reese's, Toostie Roll, and Tootsie pop, smarties, peppermint, standard lolipop, apple, candy corn, hmm I just can't figure out the fish hook and the nails ones.

Smarties? Did you mean Rockets?

agroff

quality posts: 2 Private Messages agroff

Me too, this is not a funny, cool, nor clever t-shirt. #woot #shirt #fail.

hoboIke

I believe Woot owes their loyal customers (I have just over 100 purchases but think that is low) an email of apology for poor judgement.

mindsuckr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindsuckr

99% of them turned out to be hoaxes or family members doing it, but in 2000 James Joseph Smith of Minneapolis got charged and went to jail for putting pins in Halloween candy and distributing them.

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 30 Private Messages skispeakeasy

That tote works way better than the shirt. Why didn't they make the tote glow in the dark too?!

Done and done! ;)

hoboIke

Think of the lawsuit if a child gets candy with something in it and they trace it back to a woot shirt. The attorneys can say their client got the idea from a t shirt he bought off Woot.

jacksonbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacksonbar

Not cool, not funny. You guys crossed the line with this one. I hope some heads role for the decision to put up this shirt.

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet

oh the irony of that tooth in the lollipop.

i have to wonder if this has mild educational value in teaching the horrors of candybinging on halloween.

...of course, there's the question of how an apple can possibly be bad for you. candied-apples...perhaps?

kmtfk6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmtfk6

Yeah, this shirt is really terrible. Injuring children is not funny.

warrenoatesrules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warrenoatesrules

See, it's funny because it's not really the serious social scourge that the media once made it out to be. There might be a few examples of this happening, but they are extremely rare, and people who are actually afraid of their kid getting a razor in their candy are worried about all of the wrong things in life. Worry about your kid riding in your car, or eating fatty foods, or crossing the street, or getting hit by lightning... they're all MUCH bigger concerns. I don't find this shirt in poor taste at all, at least not in a mean-spirited way. It's silly and clever. I cannot believe that people still buy into this urban myth that tampered candy from strangers is a serious and real threat. It just goes to show that fantastic stories are far more powerful than facts on the social psyche.

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo
skatimmy737 wrote:What's the point if you can see the hidden items anyway?

I believe the shirt is depicting an X-Ray image of the candy.

I vaguely remember talk of X-Rays being offered for Halloween candy years ago, but I don't remember for sure if that was real or some TV show I heard it mentioned on. Seems like it would be expensive... unless it was like an airport security conveyor.