mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

So I just got the shirt today and the print is seriously heavy duty. There does appear to be the residue imprint of the frame still visible, so it's not belt printing or anything like that. However, the thickness of the ink and the extent of the half toning appear way more extreme than anything I've purchased from woot. In places the ink appears to be 1mm thick or maybe more.

Anyone notice the same or care to comment? For those who bought it it seems like whatever they did here could have printed Haunted Robot properly (or maybe I'm just crazy).

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
mrwednesday wrote:... Anyone notice the same or care to comment?

Notice, no. Comment ... click here.

mrwednesday

Narfcake wrote:Notice, no. Comment ... click here.

Let me be more clear. I was extremely pleasantly surprised when I saw it. It's not a spot on one to one with the mock, but I think it's really well done. Unlike Haunted Robot the ink is in all the places it should be. The blending of colors isn't perfect but everything is there and the design feels like canvas because of it. It is a positive step and I'm wondering if woot improved their physical capabilities to print these things or if Robbie and odyssey just learned from Haunted Robot and designed it more effectively?

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
mrwednesday wrote:Let me be more clear. ...

I don't doubt that they can print the halftones correctly; I do have concerns if it printed as thick as you're describing it, because that suggests oversaturation on the base.

Post a pic ... that might clear things up.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

I'm really happy with how it printed.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Oh wow, that looks great! Very clear print, all the details came through. (Although I must confess that my third thought - after "oh wow!" and "that looks great" - was "Between mrwednesday's comments about the thickness of the ink and the design size, I suspect it doesn't have much stretch across the bust!")

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Checked in with the shirt staff and ProfHotPants says there's no new or different printing process.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mrwednesday

ThunderThighs wrote:Checked in with the shirt staff and ProfHotPants says there's no new or different printing process.

Interesting. Anyway, I'm really happy with the way it printed as well, it just seeemed like a big step up in the quality of printing compared to what I've gotten in the recent past.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

WOW! I have to say the design looks really awesome in the photo! It looks much better than in the usual woot "drawing" (for lack of a better word for it). I have many shirts that also look so much better in person than on a computer screen. If woot could find some way to put photos of an actual shirt on their webpage (in addition to the "drawing"), I'm willing to bet sales would increase.

07/11/14