flattopfrank

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flattopfrank
mjc613 wrote:While Star Wars is allowed in this derby, the logo is patented, and woot may not be able to print it. Is there another way you can do this? (I'm sure Klingon is allowed).

I agree with what you said, but if you look at the logo that I designed and compare it with the original. It's different. I made sure that I changed it from the original design by atleast fifty percent. I even thought about the "Klingon" part of it. I figured that I would get booted for using the word "Klingon". I know that this design is a little if'y. But, I'm still trying to learn the Regectionator's rules...

sirend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirend

hey guys anyone know if only designs on the front are allowed? or can we do something on the back too?

oakenspirit

quality posts: 73 Private Messages oakenspirit
sirend wrote:hey guys anyone know if only designs on the front are allowed? or can we do something on the back too?

Pretty sure Derbies are front only... There is precedence for front/back dailies though...

oakenspirit

Since no one commented...now I'm nervous that my shirt is too vague and makes no sense... BUT...

Color thoughts?
Blue

or Navy?

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
oakenspirit wrote:Since no one commented...now I'm nervous that my shirt is too vague and makes no sense... BUT...

Color thoughts?
Blue

or Navy?

Half-Life reference, yes? I don't really get the sophmore part though, and I had to look up Borealis to refresh my memory. But I did get it on first look. Also, I'd do navy.

Also also I wish your crowbars were tilted at higher angles to make more of an X. It seems like you are trying to make an infinity sign but it comes off looking a little flat.

KWildman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KWildman
rasabi wrote:Black? Asphalt? Still needs halftones and tweaks but thoughts welcome...

One copy on black for me, please!
My geeky shirt collection is still lacking an awesome Hitchhiker's Guide shirt...

sirend

Hey guys here is my design so far. Let me know what you think

sirend

oakenspirit wrote:Pretty sure Derbies are front only... There is precedence for front/back dailies though...

thanks! ill keep that in mind

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
KWildman wrote:One copy on black for me, please!
My geeky shirt collection is still lacking an awesome Hitchhiker's Guide shirt...

Glad you like it Here is the final on black:

@Sirend Looks like you are missing a period after the 'E'.
Personally, I'd avoid warping any of the text and I'd keep COLLEGE all the same font size. The warping I am seeing might just be from you placing it on your mockup though.

sirend

rasabi wrote:Glad you like it Here is the final on black:

@Sirend Looks like you are missing a period after the 'E'.
Personally, I'd avoid warping any of the text and I'd keep COLLEGE all the same font size. The warping I am seeing might just be from you placing it on your mockup though.

ohh yeah the warping was just a lousy job in photoshop for the mockup haha. Good catch on the period. Thanks

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

Here's what I've got:

MORIA by Ape Lad, on Flickr

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

Here's what I've got. Didn't end up quite like I was hoping, but I'm satisfied.

beware1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984
ApeLad wrote:Here's what I've got:

Dude...frickin great!

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

Here is mine. Dexterous Uni. We value fine hand skills. Too heavy on the splatter?

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 86 Private Messages Thirdbase9
beware1984 wrote:Here's one of my subs. Does the joke make sense to you guys? Is this offensive? Feedback appreciated

Redo it with a donkey.

I don't know.

lonelypond

quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond
beware1984 wrote:Is there a Heather Grey option? I didn't see it on the color sheet, but I figured I'd double check anyways since it's kind of perfect for college tees

Heather grey no longer a derby option; I miss it.

beware1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984
Thirdbase9 wrote:Redo it with a donkey.

Great idea! I'll make a variant and sub both. I think it's a pretty tame design personally, but we'll see. Thanks for the help!

FloppyKing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FloppyKing

love it, you'll get my vote

FloppyKing

obviously the below is a very rough sketch pasted together from movie screen shots, but you get the idea... before i waste time designing this would it get rejected for whatever reason?

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
flattopfrank wrote:I agree with what you said, but if you look at the logo that I designed and compare it with the original. It's different. I made sure that I changed it from the original design by atleast fifty percent. I even thought about the "Klingon" part of it. I figured that I would get booted for using the word "Klingon". I know that this design is a little if'y. But, I'm still trying to learn the Regectionator's rules...

If it makes you feel better, we are all trying to learn the Rejectionator's rules, even those of us who have been with shirt.woot since early on. Saying Klingon and using Klingon language should be fine, since that has gone into public use. You can probably find a prayer book written in Klingon.

If you decide to enter this, keep in my that it could be rejected, and try to have a backup plan.

mjc613

sirend wrote:hey guys anyone know if only designs on the front are allowed? or can we do something on the back too?

I've seen them allow entries that have the design on the back. The main thing is that derby designs are one side only.

mjc613

FloppyKing wrote:obviously the below is a very rough sketch pasted together from movie screen shots, but you get the idea... before i waste time designing this would it get rejected for whatever reason?

If you used a photo, they probably will reject it.

Carolyn33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Carolyn33
ISO30 wrote:Anyone have any feedback on this?

I don't mind the tag line, but I wonder if maybe some folks might confuse the picture with a fishing tackle box?

p0ckets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p0ckets

I feel like this derby could use some more college sports shirts. here's a mock up of Hoaxtown College's revered football side, the Hoaxtown Herrings.

Will tidy up and colour etc later on.

kp96tm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kp96tm

This is a beautiful, beautiful idea. I got it right away, and I know for a fact I'll buy at least 3. Please, please submit it!

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan
tjschaeffer wrote:Here's what I've got. Didn't end up quite like I was hoping, but I'm satisfied.

DO WANT!

dwillars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwillars

At first I thought this was an odd grill, then a tackle box but sewing box never crossed my mind... maybe add some spools and needles to it.

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

May tweak the colors and seal a little...The Latin phrase is "Knowledge finds hidden"
I may rework that as well

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber

FloppyKing

mjc613 wrote:If you used a photo, they probably will reject it.

I don't plan to actually use the photo... it was just a quick easy way to mock up the idea... My main concern was with my possible misunderstanding of the rule that it can't be a real school. Does that mean that it just can't be an actual real school or does it also exclude fictional schools such as "The Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Cant Read Good And Who Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too"

rmstorey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmstorey
ressamac wrote:Here is mine. Dexterous Uni. We value fine hand skills. Too heavy on the splatter?

This makes me think "Just call me Mr. Butterfingers..."

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas
DJTweekNYC wrote:I'm just about done. Still need to half-tone this thing:

You may have already finished, since your post about half-toning was yesterday, but I wanted to chime in - I love this design, but if you hadn't *said* the vines were ivy vines, I wouldn't have known it. Once you said it, I went "OH that's CLEVER!" but before that, I was trying to figure out why there were.... marshmallow roasting sticks?

Having just one leaf remain would make clear what species of plant it was, since ivy is so distinctive. Just a thought.

Adelas

Any time I guffaw loud enough to make my husband ask what's so funny, it's a winning design. Thumbs up!

Adelas

SeedUvPain wrote:Thanks! You've been really helpful. I appreciate it

Incidentally, this where I'm at with it:

Awesome

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
SeedUvPain wrote:Thanks! You've been really helpful. I appreciate it

Incidentally, this where I'm at with it:

In for one.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
oakenspirit wrote:Awesome... THanks! Im a teacher so... Thats where my confusion came form.

I worked in Residence Life until last May! That's cool that you're a teacher!

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

I have the flu and my brain is totally hitting a wall so I'm thinking that this week will be a pass. I'm super excited about what people will come up with!:D

oakenspirit

rasabi wrote:Half-Life reference, yes? I don't really get the sophmore part though, and I had to look up Borealis to refresh my memory. But I did get it on first look. Also, I'd do navy.

Also also I wish your crowbars were tilted at higher angles to make more of an X. It seems like you are trying to make an infinity sign but it comoff looking a little flat.

I will retweak it when I get off work... thanks for the advice...

The Super Sophomore thing is supposed to be a jab at how VALVE can not get past 2... HL2, L4D2, Portal 2, TF2, Dota 2.... They sit indefinitely at the second (year)..

Like I said, maybe to vague...

sirend

mjc613 wrote:If it makes you feel better, we are all trying to learn the Rejectionator's rules, even those of us who have been with shirt.woot since early on. Saying Klingon and using Klingon language should be fine, since that has gone into public use. You can probably find a prayer book written in Klingon.

If you decide to enter this, keep in my that it could be rejected, and try to have a backup plan.

yeah well screw rejectonators or whatever their name is. I see so many entires getting cut out because of "similar shirt exists" then i find two shirts that got Gaaar, Peter! load of votes not rejected but they have exactly the same idea and layout of shirts that laready exist. So to be fair to everyone i provide the links on the page for work and tattle... no action taken... then i send a message to service email.. no reply... what is this unprofessional joke? do they have 10 year olds to judge the work? or are they all so freaking hungry for money that they are willing to let those ones with a lot of votes pass and become biggest hypocrates in the world. Very unfair and unattractive. I just want to make sure people on here know that. As far as ive seen, the system of rejecting is completely broken and it makes some people angry for legit reasons.. i dont even know if you are allowed to do this kind of stuff legally... (discrimination based on personal profit and such)

beribimba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beribimba

Oops! Any way to delete an accidental double-entry?