logicxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages logicxx

I haven't bought anything from woot in a while because the last shirt I bought didn't feel like good quality. It was right after they switched to the new shirt manufacturer and the fabric felt thinner.

The biggest problem though was that the neck hole felt too big. It really bothers me to wear it. Has this changed, did I get a bad shirt, or have others noticed this?

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
logicxx wrote:The biggest problem though was that the neck hole felt too big. It really bothers me to wear it. Has this changed, did I get a bad shirt, or have others noticed this?

It's been a common complaint, with the Honduran blanks being significantly wider; the ML is about the same width as as the an old AA M3XL.

The Nicaraguan blanks aren't quite as oversized, but still wider than the AA MXL.

logicxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages logicxx
Narfcake wrote:It's been a common complaint, with the Honduran blanks being significantly wider; the ML is about the same width as as the an old AA M3XL.

The Nicaraguan blanks aren't quite as oversized, but still wider than the AA MXL.

So which will I get, Honduras or Nicaraguan?

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

agreed. I hate this about the new blanks, and haven't ordered since I got one of the new ones.

This needs to be addressed.

teejaylane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teejaylane

Totally agree. The most recent shirt I got has a large neck hole and I don't wear it as a result.

Incidentally, I also recently got a shirt from Ript that has even a more gigantic neck hole. I won't buy any more shirts until they fix this.

Does anyone know of a way to shrink the neck hole? I tried using a steam iron but it didn't work. I'm glad I'm not the only person having this problem.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
logicxx wrote:So which will I get, Honduras or Nicaraguan?

No idea; I did post some comparison pics here.

teejaylane wrote:... Incidentally, I also recently got a shirt from Ript that has even a more gigantic neck hole.

I'll say this much: Anvil 980 > Tultex 0202.

Does anyone know of a way to shrink the neck hole?

Deconstruct a section of the neckline, thread elastic through it, sew it as a loop, then close it back up. You can't have it all that tight (because it'd bunch up the fabric otherwise), but at least it'd keep it's shape instead of continuing to stretch out.

teejaylane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teejaylane
Narfcake wrote:Deconstruct a section of the neckline, thread elastic through it, sew it as a loop, then close it back up. You can't have it all that tight (because it'd bunch up the fabric otherwise), but at least it'd keep it's shape instead of continuing to stretch out.

Wow. That is WAAAAYYYYY too much work. I'm not a seamstress and I'm not going to pay someone else to do it. I mean, I like the designs as much as the next guy, but these are $12 t-shirts. It just doesn't seem to be worth that much trouble.

There are zillions of t-shirt sites out there, and especially since a lot of the designs go to various sites, I'd rather pay a bit more for better quality. Ript has turned to crap, but some of the other shirt of the day sites still seem to use pretty decent materials.

I'm not an overly picky person. I don't care if a shirt is 1/2 inch longer or the material is a millimeter thinner. But gigantic neckholes are not comfortable and also make you look like a complete loser when you wear them. Plus they look sloppy and you can't get away with wearing them certain places where you might if the shirt had a normal neck line.

I appreciate the tip, but it isn't worth the trouble to dissect a t-shirt collar and insert elastic into it and stitch it all back up, especially since there's no way I could ever even do that.