Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Adult Students Only

Yeah, because that's totally cool for the kids sizes. Who doesn't want to see that?

Oh...and Eeew. Seriously.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Mavyn

Re: Cort's Academy

And the whole 'stop using proper nouns from existing works' bit is totally optional.

Nice idea, but...

walmazan

quality posts: 58 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The Nittany Lords

this is amazing!

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan

In the fog, YES! Now vote people!

Mavyn

daylo wrote:Why is there a question mark instead of how many votes there are? Also, LOVE shirts about procrastination...and in general about time.

That question mark means it is in the top 9 (the fog of war) in terms of vote count. It's a good thing.

jwrajala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwrajala

aerc712, enough dude. Again, letter v. spirit.

epic design. kudos.

Re: Empire State V2

CapitalGGeek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CapitalGGeek
Re: Dewey, Cheatem & Howe

It's far older than Car Talk.

Has Mr. Steele retired? I always thought it was Dewy, Cheetam, Steele, and Howe

srschooler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srschooler
Re: Battle School Toon Captain

I can't vote, because I haven't bought anything from Woot yet. But if this is printed, I will buy one!

limerickx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limerickx

Mi-Go nna buy this shirt!

ariellem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ariellem

That's exactly what I was thinking :-< Love the concept (and the eyeballs!), hate the execution (the placement).

aerc712 wrote:Completely agree with these points. The letters are pretty tough to read with how the outlines fade. As for the graphic - that would just be super awkward on a woman. This happens from time to time with designs - placement ends up being pretty awkward when one considers how the shirt would look on a woman.

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
almost no Box of Cobwebs in the past few years (boo :-< )

samanthastroud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samanthastroud
Re: Black and Blue

Love! +1

samanthastroud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samanthastroud
Re: Food Tech

Brings me right back to 6th grade egg drops! Super awesome +1

sadlermitchell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sadlermitchell
Bagagliom wrote:I'm going to vote for your design to make up for trolling- It should be sigma- iota- theta. In Greek, your shirt spells "sit-ay".

<3

I agree, I want one, but I would only buy it if it was Sigma Iota Theta.

jkstutz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkstutz

Amazing. Must buy.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
walmazan wrote:this is amazing!

Thank you sir!

move along

j5

jwrajala wrote:aerc712, enough dude. Again, letter v. spirit.

epic design. kudos.

Thanks for the support.

move along

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
yellowflower wrote:This makes me very happy.

Also, here is a story which is totally unrelated to this particular shirt design, but which I feel the desperate desire to share anyway.

I work with a lot of weirdos. And a lot of times, I call them weirdos. But lately, I keep wanting to pronounce it like weir-doo instead, and I couldn't figure out why. And now I know why. Wirdou.

Thank you all! And specially this comment, that is just awesome!! That's my real aim, actually, to change the way weirdo is pronounced!:D:D

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: Smart Cookie University

I like this design just because I like the idea of wearing a giant cookie... its pretty awesome when you think about it...

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Eldritch Institute

You totally get props for having the guts to rework your design multiple times in one derby! (And it still made it back near the top) It's a really excellent design and I'm so happy you didn't give up on it!

The rework looks great - Nice choice on the name and the tagline, they sound so distinguished and yet sortof creepy at the same time. "Unnameable" - yes. Which is probably exactly the point...

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
jwrajala wrote:aerc712, enough dude. Again, letter v. spirit.

epic design. kudos.

Wow. I did acknowledge in one post that I didn't think the conflict was intentional, but it still happened. I knew of an actual school named "Empire State" and the rules for the derby said to not involve an actual school's name. So, while it may not have been intentional, there was a rule issue there. I did not go searching for information or similar designs as others have done. I pointed out that, whether intended or not, this design seemed to conflict with one of the stated rules of the derby.

I was not on a witch hunt or going crazy about getting this design or the other Empire State design pulled. I just pointed out that hey, there's actually an Empire State in the SUNY system. That's a freaking fact, not something that I made up or searched out. I hate that people have been going crazy about original/unoriginal designs. All I did was state a fact and I get attacked for it. How is that fair?!?

j5

aerc712 wrote:all I did was state a fact and I get attacked for it. How is that fair?!?

For the record, I'm totally cool with your initial comments and concerns. My "No worries" was an acknowledgement of the issue, but if it got rejected because of it, that's ok too. No worries.

I'm sorry that you're getting grief.

move along

qetza

quality posts: 2 Private Messages qetza
ebam wrote:YAY less nostril-y!
much better.

haha! Yeah, I wanted to try one without so much text and thought why not de-nostrilfy it a little...Great sugggestion!

qetza

Re: Infected State (2)

Thanks guys! I liked the tagline version too but wanted to try less text just to see as well as the nose edit. It also gave me the idea to add more zombies.

qetza

j5 wrote:Persistence is fertile.

Thanks J5!

qetza

oakenspirit wrote:Love the irony of "the unnameable"

Mwahahaha! Hope it gets back up there!

Thanks Oakenspirit! I lalmost called the school "Nameless City College" but decided against it because of the story.

qetza

runnerfrog13 wrote:You totally get props for having the guts to rework your design multiple times in one derby! (And it still made it back near the top) It's a really excellent design and I'm so happy you didn't give up on it!

The rework looks great - Nice choice on the name and the tagline, they sound so distinguished and yet sortof creepy at the same time. "Unnameable" - yes. Which is probably exactly the point...

Thanks Runnerfrog13! The rejection was understandable and I thought I could still make it work, so I went for it.

qetza

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the awesome comments and votes!

orabbit

quality posts: 28 Private Messages orabbit
samanthastroud wrote:Love! +1

It's the only thing that there's just too little of.

submersiergosum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages submersiergosum
Re: Papyrus

I think the only thing its good for is giving whatever youre writing that "Pirate" feel

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

fishbiscuit5

Never give up! :D

fishbiscuit5

Re: Wizardry college

Great style!

collinvh

quality posts: 55 Private Messages collinvh
Re: C is for College

Thank you for the nice comments everybody. I really must say this design is just AVERAGE.

Vuisyou

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Vuisyou

Nov. 1, 2013!!!! Hopefully I'll be wearing this!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
aerc712 wrote:Yup. I looked up after I commented and was too lazy to edit the original post, heh. Nestle trademarked "toll house", so unless woot's lawyers have all had lobotomies, there's no way this one can stick around.

all i can find on this topic is that a federal judge vacated nestle's trademark in 1983.

http://www.cookie-smart.com/history-of-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
newspaper clipping on google about the ruling

do you have a more authoritative source?

aerc712

no1 wrote:all i can find on this topic is that a federal judge vacated nestle's trademark in 1983.

http://www.cookie-smart.com/history-of-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
newspaper clipping on google about the ruling

When I searched nestle tollhouse, many of the entries had the registered trademark logo after tollhouse. Excuse me for thinking that meant the brand name was trademarked.

Between this and the shenanigans about Empire State I give up. I wasn't out to get anyone's design rejected. I'm not trying to pull the shenanigans that have been making the derby so ridiculous these past few weeks. There, and here, I was going with what I thought were straightforward facts.

ETA: To play this silly game - here... http://www.nestlecafe.com/legal
"Nestlé, Toll House®, Nestlé Makes the Very Best, Nescafé® and certain other marks featured on this website and in cafés are registered trademarks"
That enough to justify why I would say "toll house" is trademarked?

j5

no1 wrote:

She's right. This topic sparked my interest, so I did my own bit of sleuthing. There is a Lexis Nexis article from 1986 (for which I'm not paying) about Nestle's appeal of the 1983 ruling. Looks like they won it.

move along

aerc712

j5 wrote:She's right. This topic sparked my interest, so I did my own bit of sleuthing. There is a Lexis Nexis article from 1986 (for which I'm not paying) about Nestle's appeal of the 1983 ruling. Looks like they won it.

Thank you.

In the case of the cookie shirt and in your Empire State design my comments were not left with any ill-will. I honestly thought, whether intentional or not, that both conflicted with a derby rule.

I typically don't comment on a design meeting/violating rules, but I broke from that this week. Again, this wasn't meant to be an attack or anything on the artists and what they did. I hate when something gets rejected in the late stages of the derby, so when I noticed the issues, I commented. I am not one of the people on a mission to get works rejected. The sooner an artist knows about a potential problem, the sooner they can work on another design.

jamessheepdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamessheepdog
Re: Shiny Flight School

Yes! Yes! Oh please yes! I so want one!

justynadorsz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justynadorsz

Wow, you made it to the top with yet another version! That's so cool. Hope they print it, you deserve it