WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Movie Magic!

Ah, the magic of cinema! Nothing could ever truly capture the majesty of motion pictures, except of course static pictures on your chest. So we're unleashing a cavalcade of movie-themed hoodies, tees, and long-sleeved shirts for your perusal and approval! Grab your very own award-winning Ken Burns documentary-themed hoodie today! (Not really)

Quality Posts

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle

Ooh! Lots of good choices this week!

Also, if anyone is interested, I happen to have the short-sleeved version of If I Only Had a Brain in MS on AA that is looking for a loving home!

Also, keeping with Star Trek, there's a Bake It So Apron looking for a household with cooks in it!

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

djp519

quality posts: 12 Private Messages djp519

I recognize the Motorhead logo, but I have no idea what the parody is... Someone explain it to me?

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos

Nooo... How could you do this without bringing back Finding Technicolor! I want it so badly.

Parkertron

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Parkertron
djp519 wrote:I recognize the Motorhead logo, but I have no idea what the parody is... Someone explain it to me?

I ain't afraid of no ghost

dachshund51288

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dachshund51288

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has ever purchases a hoodie during one of these sales? I've only ever bought t-shirts from shirt.woot and I love them, but I'm curious about the hoodie. What are they like, thin style that kids wear for fashion or is there substance to them like a normal hoodie sweatshirt that it will keep me warm while outside during the fall?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
dachshund51288 wrote:Hey, I was wondering if anyone has ever purchases a hoodie during one of these sales? I've only ever bought shirt from shirt.woot and I love them, but I'm curious about the hoodie. What are they like, thin style that kids wear for fashion or is their substance to them like a normal hoodie sweatshirt that it will keep my warm outside during the fall?

Quite substantial! Fleecy on the inside, well-constructed, pocket is a nice big size. You can wear one for fashion and keep warm!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Apparently the theme for this week is "movies." Out of the 24 items being offered, I recognize four references: two to Wizard of Oz, which I've never seen; one to Nightmare on Elm Street, which I've never seen; and one to Jurassic Park, which - shockingly - I've seen. I've seen many, many of these shirts over the years, and never realized that they involved a reference to a movie.

I can't believe you guys haven't kicked me off woot island yet!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

fishshapedethylbenzene

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fishshapedethylbenzene

Woooooooo! I almost cried when I missed out on No One Left to Play With the first time. I wish I could have some kind of alert anytime a patrickspens shirt goes up for sale. ^_^

dachshund51288

neuropsychosocial wrote:Quite substantial! Fleecy on the inside, well-constructed, pocket is a nice big size. You can wear one for fashion and keep warm!

Good to know, thanks for the info!

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba

Noooooo, I don't know if I can resist a Gozerhead zipper hoodie

dachshund51288

neuropsychosocial wrote:Quite substantial! Fleecy on the inside, well-constructed, pocket is a nice big size. You can wear one for fashion and keep warm!

Does the same hold true for the zipper hoodies?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FWIW, I get quite a few comments when I wear my @@ and Ding Dong shirts. Although I often have to talk them through the Ding Dong shirt. Seems more people think of them as Ho-Hos. "Ho Ho, the witch is dead" doesn't work.

computermd82

quality posts: 26 Private Messages computermd82

I'm so happy to see It Came Out Of Nowhere return to Woot!

Woot Shirts I Own!

"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

ethereal77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ethereal77

I've been waiting for a reprint on It Came Out Of Nowhere for a while now.

I guess I won't be popular with the guys manning the presses with this suggestion but it's a shame Woot can't offer hoodies, long sleeved shirts and tees on all their reprints.

Narfcake

quality posts: 272 Private Messages Narfcake
dachshund51288 wrote:Does the same hold true for the zipper hoodies?

I would say so, as they're both the same material.

If anyone is wondering on the sizing - I normally wear a men's large, but when I do buy hoodies, I buy in men's medium. Here's the visual comparison.

(Your mileage may vary.)

tigerfish313

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313

I'm still waiting for xenophile to return. I'm really disappointed that I missed out on that one...

xarous

quality posts: 10 Private Messages xarous

Personally I have two tees of If I Only Had A Brain and felt the print quality to be sub-par to all the other Patrick's shirts.

jrunnerrunnerj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrunnerrunnerj

Hi guys, I get a few of the references (oh the alien one is so great, I've to get this one), but can somebody explain me the reference behind

- Rise of the goblins
- a simple question of weight ratios
- ding dong the witch is dead
- ancestry (and)
- black knight coat

maybe I've never seen the movies, but maybe I'm just not getting the point :-/

dawnmoneque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnmoneque

Why do only a select few get offered as hoodies or long sleeved? I want a ding song hoodie!!! I think we should get a choice during these event. JMO But seriously!

jrunnerrunnerj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrunnerrunnerj
jrunnerrunnerj wrote:Hi guys, I get a few of the references (oh the alien one is so great, I've to get this one), but can somebody explain me the reference behind

- Rise of the goblins
- ancestry (and)
- black knight coat

Update: Oh ancestor is clear.. Oh My Gookie! great idea xD... but about the others, some suggestions?

caramelarrow

quality posts: 12 Private Messages caramelarrow
ThunderThighs wrote:FWIW, I get quite a few comments when I wear my @@ and Ding Dong shirts. Although I often have to talk them through the Ding Dong shirt. Seems more people think of them as Ho-Hos. "Ho Ho, the witch is dead" doesn't work.

Sadly, you are running into a lot of people who don't know their cakes! Ho-Hos are tubular. Ding-Dongs are round.

shaelyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shaelyn

would someone be so kind as to let me know the reference behind No One Left to Play With? I saw the shirt before and was hoping for a reprint, but I don't want to buy without knowing what I'm getting myself into

doommetaldarryl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doommetaldarryl
jrunnerrunnerj wrote:Hi guys, I get a few of the references (oh the alien one is so great, I've to get this one), but can somebody explain me the reference behind

- Rise of the goblins
- ancestry (and)
- black knight coat

Ding Dong = Wiz of Oz
Ancestry = Tron
Black Knight = Monty Python + Grail

No one left to play with? LOTR?

Edit:
Weight Ratios = MP + Grail? "flight speed of an unencumbered wood sparrow" ?

Rise of the Goblins, I have no idea.

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

the return of Jabba the Fluff, on a long sleeve tee? yay! not on a sweater? boo!

i guess i'll have to order 3 tees and glue them together.

ColinBlair

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ColinBlair
4khaos wrote:Nooo... How could you do this without bringing back Finding Technicolor! I want it so badly.

+1, I am in for 3 whenever Finding Technicolor shows up again.

mcdohj01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcdohj01

Why no light weight hoodie yet again this week?? I would have bought any of these on one!

jnv23

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jnv23
shaelyn wrote:would someone be so kind as to let me know the reference behind No One Left to Play With? I saw the shirt before and was hoping for a reprint, but I don't want to buy without knowing what I'm getting myself into

It's LOTR/The Hobbit, and I got excited as soon as I saw it. Then I realized who all the piles of ash were, and I immediately got mad because that's the 9 in the Fellowship of the Ring (none of whom encounter a dragon), not the 14 in the Hobbit. (Plus, Bilbo is really the only one of that group who confronts Smaug the dragon.)

cwarfield82

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwarfield82

Wasn't Nightmeow on Elm Street just offered last week as a short sleeve tee?! I want it so badly on L/S I'm confused as to why it would be offered in the same format 2 weeks in a row =/

doommetaldarryl

jnv23 wrote:It's LOTR/The Hobbit, and I got excited as soon as I saw it. Then I realized who all the piles of ash were, and I immediately got mad because that's the 9 in the Fellowship of the Ring (none of whom encounter a dragon), not the 14 in the Hobbit. (Plus, Bilbo is really the only one of that group who confronts Smaug the dragon.)

It's not the Balrog?

fishshapedethylbenzene

jnv23 wrote:It's LOTR/The Hobbit, and I got excited as soon as I saw it. Then I realized who all the piles of ash were, and I immediately got mad because that's the 9 in the Fellowship of the Ring (none of whom encounter a dragon), not the 14 in the Hobbit. (Plus, Bilbo is really the only one of that group who confronts Smaug the dragon.)

I think the pitiful little guy who lost all his playmates is supposed to be the Balrog, from Fellowship.

fishshapedethylbenzene

- Rise of the goblins
- ancestry (and)
- black knight coat

Rise of the Goblin King is a Labyrinth shirt...looks like it's an imagining of how he gained his title.

ElanorRigby

quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby

That isn't Smaug, it's the Balrog. The Fellowship encountered it in the mines of Moria.

Also, I still can't figure out the goblin king one, either. Is it Labyrinth?

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie

Hooray! I can now buy Jabba the Fluff! Previously you only printed it on Anvil blanks!

ghost650

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ghost650
ElanorRigby wrote:That isn't Smaug, it's the Balrog. The Fellowship encountered it in the mines of Moria.

Also, I still can't figure out the goblin king one, either. Is it Labyrinth?

Yes, Rise of the Goblin King is Labyrinth. It won first place in the mazes and labyrinths derby.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

I weep for the lack of geek cred on display here. For those who didn't get the references because you hadn't seen the movies, gosh durn it go see them! As for those who saw the movies and still didn't get the references, well there's just no helping you, is there?

(I keed. Go buy shirts.)

ochopika

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ochopika

Woo! Thank you, woot peoples. Also thanks Narfcake for being the first sucker on Jabba the Fluff. I knew you couldn't resist wooting forever, buahahaha.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
citizencoyote wrote:I weep for the lack of geek cred on display here. For those who didn't get the references because you hadn't seen the movies, gosh durn it go see them! As for those who saw the movies and still didn't get the references, well there's just no helping you, is there?

(I keed. Go buy shirts.)

Seconded. Sigh. I feel old now.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

doommetaldarryl

citizencoyote wrote:I weep for the lack of geek cred on display here. For those who didn't get the references because you hadn't seen the movies, gosh durn it go see them! As for those who saw the movies and still didn't get the references, well there's just no helping you, is there?

(I keed. Go buy shirts.)

I never saw Labyrinth! I guess I should.

The only other one I don't know is the Pinata one....

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
doommetaldarryl wrote:I never saw Labyrinth! I guess I should.

The only other one I don't know is the Pinata one....

Three Amigos.

Buy a plethora.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.