heliwife


quality posts: 1 Private Messages heliwife
jrunnerrunnerj wrote:Hi guys, I get a few of the references (oh the alien one is so great, I've to get this one), but can somebody explain me the reference behind

- Rise of the goblins
- a simple question of weight ratios
- ding dong the witch is dead
- ancestry (and)
- black knight coat

maybe I've never seen the movies, but maybe I'm just not getting the point :-/




"a simple question of weight ratios" is from the classic Monty Python and the Holy Grail scene as follows:

"1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Where'd you get the coconuts?
King Arthur: We found them.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!
King Arthur: What do you mean?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Well, this is a temperate zone
King Arthur: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
King Arthur: Not at all. They could be carried.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
King Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut."

The Black Knight Coat is from the same movie. If you haven't seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail you HAVE TO watch it! It's a favorite for every teen boy/man to watch - all of my kids can quote this movie word for word!


altairkyle42


quality posts: 0 Private Messages altairkyle42

hey guys, i really want a black knight hoodie but don't know what size to order. i have always purchased mens XL in the past (back in the good ol american apparel days) and they all fit perfectly. if this is the case what size should i order for the hoodies to get the same fit?

kadsworld


quality posts: 10 Private Messages kadsworld

I SO want "If I Only Had A Brain." Alas, I can not yet squeeze my ample frame into a 2x. Boo.

Narfcake


quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake
altairkyle42 wrote:hey guys, i really want a black knight hoodie but don't know what size to order. ...


I size down with the hoodies. If you prefer them a little loose, then order the same size.

Gildan MM hoodie vs. AA ML, as previously posted.

februarystar27


quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27
ryleek wrote:What's with the unisex sizing on the long sleeved T's? I typically wear a Women's Small in the current T-shirt sizes and am concerned about how the long sleeved one will fit...



I wear a WS too. The unisex small long-sleeve shirts are baggy on me. Not to the point that I wouldn't buy them, but it sort of can never get past the "super-relaxed" look. An XS would be perfect. But the long-sleeve shirts are so soft and perfect for the fall weather here in Boston so I can't stay away from them.

redcab


quality posts: 0 Private Messages redcab
jeremytheindian wrote:I want "It Came Out of Nowhere" in Hoodie form!



I would have even loved it in long-sleeve. Have to get it in short sleeve and in quantity until the next time they bring it back.

ochopika


quality posts: 24 Private Messages ochopika
Narfcake wrote:I still wooted - just wasn't shirt.wooting, but I'm back in the interim for the purple shirt "baking" session. Got any designs submitted for that one? My ocho count is only at ocho right now. ^_^



I do have a pretty decent idea for that one. I just gotta make the idea go onto my computer screen somehow. I hope they're still accepting designs...

adamant628


quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628

Ding-dong the witch is dead is from Wizard of Oz. In the movie Dorothy's House falls on the witch. In the shirt it is a "ding-dong" pastry.

heliwife wrote:"a simple question of weight ratios" is from the classic Monty Python and the Holy Grail scene as follows:

"1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Where'd you get the coconuts?
King Arthur: We found them.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!
King Arthur: What do you mean?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Well, this is a temperate zone
King Arthur: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
King Arthur: Not at all. They could be carried.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
King Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut."

The Black Knight Coat is from the same movie. If you haven't seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail you HAVE TO watch it! It's a favorite for every teen boy/man to watch - all of my kids can quote this movie word for word!



wickedpt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wickedpt

How can i buy multiple shirts in the same order? I want to ship internationally and it would be a waste of money to have to pay extra 5 bucks for each shirt when all of them can fit in the same package.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
wickedpt wrote:How can i buy multiple shirts in the same order? I want to ship internationally and it would be a waste of money to have to pay extra 5 bucks for each shirt when all of them can fit in the same package.



Not an option. Woot doesn't have a shopping cart, so each item is a solo purchase and for those paying shipping, that means...lots of shipping.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

werd2k4


quality posts: 0 Private Messages werd2k4

Really wish they had Darth Meow in a short sleeve Anyone else?

lstaff


quality posts: 197 Private Messages lstaff

For the Guapos:

tigerfish313


quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313
dbenton25 wrote:Hi, I'm actually the artist that made Xenophile. Nightmeow On Elm Street (in this sale) is also mine. Unfortunately, Xenophile won't be coming back. Woot pulled it out of the Reckoning early due to a legal issue, which is all they'd share with me. It was really disappointing for me cos it was one of my best sellers and one of my favorite designs. Anyway, you're not alone... I get requests for it all the time. Who knows, maybe someday Woot will change their minds. We can always hope.



Aaaaah, that explains why I got an email that said my order had been cancelled AFTER I got an email that said the 2 that I ordered had been shipped. I thought I had just missed out for some other reason. I'll never stop hoping that they allow it again someday!!!

MrsBones


quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones

Totally forgot about this sale!!
… but managed to slide in right under the wire and nab an @-@! Woooooo!!

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

mseelye


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mseelye

So, I originally ordered the T-shirt version of this - but it was LOST in the mail.. Woot gave me my moolah back, but sadly I didn't have the shirt as they sold out. I was so excited to see this come back, I immediately placed an order and just got the shirt today!

I take the shirt out of the bag, and show my girlfriend (who happens to be Hungarian) and she says, "Oh.. 'Jovobeni' means 'future' in Hungarian.." and then she looks at the rest of the shirt, and gasps and then says, "That says 'Roasted Barley and horse d___'!" (edited for community censors)

Don't believe me?
http://www.alternative-dictionaries.net/dictionary/Hungarian/entry/l%C3%B3fasz

Anyway, I am very happy to have the shirt now.

hawkeye9723


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawkeye9723

I'm mad! I purchased the "It Came Out of Nowhere Remix" shirt, and it never came. FedEx damaged the package to point they could not deliver it. At least Woot gave me a full refund, but I really wanted that shirt. I HATE FEDEX!!! If FedEx hadn't waited so long to tell me it they damaged the package I could have gotten the hoodie.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

hawkeye9723 wrote:I'm mad! I purchased the "It Came Out of Nowhere Remix" shirt, and it never came. FedEx damaged the package to point they could not deliver it. At least Woot gave me a full refund, but I really wanted that shirt. I HATE FEDEX!!! If FedEx hadn't waited so long to tell me it they damaged the package I could have gotten the hoodie.



that is crap. i am sorry, friend.
:C


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

mxjx


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mxjx

I just realized that I wished Illustrated Ratings Guide had made a return during this Woot!Plus. Mine got lost in the mail.

katskan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages katskan

Not only is the wicked witch dead, but Ding Dongs are, too. R.I.P. Hostess!