oakenspirit

quality posts: 73 Private Messages oakenspirit

Hey... Been submitting to the derby for some months now but I still feel green.

I have heard people talking about turning in their print ready design and have no idea when or where you are supposed to do this?

Is this something you are supposed to do when you are in the fog? When you submit in anything?

Another question...

I have turned in a few daily entries- From what I saw/read, it seems like you just turn in a design as asked for in the submission form... The design close up on the correct shirt color... Are you ALSO supposed to submit the the design mocked up on a shirt template for placement or do they ask you about that later if they like your stuff?

Thanks... sorry. /green

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
oakenspirit wrote:Hey... Been submitting to the derby for some months now but I still feel green.

I have heard people talking about turning in their print ready design and have no idea when or where you are supposed to do this?

Is this something you are supposed to do when you are in the fog? When you submit in anything?

Another question...

I have turned in a few daily entries- From what I saw/read, it seems like you just turn in a design as asked for in the submission form... The design close up on the correct shirt color... Are you ALSO supposed to submit the the design mocked up on a shirt template for placement or do they ask you about that later if they like your stuff?

Thanks... sorry. /green

You can submit your print ready artwork when you're not fogged. They don't hold it against you .

With the new format, if your design has a significant number of votes, it's especially worth turning in the print ready artwork, because you don't need to be in the fog to print.

Print ready artwork should be sent to derby@woot.com (I think that's right...I've only sent it in once).

As for dailies, the few I've submitted have shown the full scale design, a shirt mockup and any halftone closeups that would be helpful. Basically, I've submitted it like a derby design.

They've never passed on any of my designs because the layout wasn't correct, FWIW...