WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever used an online dating service?
  • 13.7% - Yes, and it worked great. 116
  • 11% - Yes, and it was not for me (I didn’t get any dates). 93
  • 39.2% - No, I prefer to meet people face-to-face. 332
  • 26.9% - No, I met the love of my life before internets. 228
  • 9.2% - Yes, and I always wore Shirt.Woot shirts on the first date. Wonder why it didn’t work out. 78
847 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

"No, I prefer to be disappointed face-to-face."

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Does shirt.woot count as "an online dating service"?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

faeriegal713

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faeriegal713

Didn't wear a woot shirt the first date but the second date was a success thanks to my princess bride woot shirt. Now my husband has orders from his boss to wear only awesome shirts to work and woot has all my money.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

I met my soul mate before online dating services. But we tell everyone that we met online. It was in a chat room on a BBS run by a friend of mine.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
olperfesser wrote:I met my soul mate before online dating services. But we tell everyone that we met online. It was in a chat room on a BBS run by a friend of mine.

Yeah, I met my wife on a forum that had nothing to do with dating. So there's no answer for me. Curse my good fate!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I tried it but killed my account when it matched me with my ex. That was a frightening picture to have come up.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jesssup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jesssup

I used one, but never paid to upgrade the account. Therefore, I couldn't read the messages I was receiving and, consequently, did not procure any dates.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

This is strictly for the hookups, ya?
Nothing LT right?
right?
< crickets>

move along

gloryhound421

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gloryhound421

Met my wife on a dating site. We will be married 7 years in April.

februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27

I met my current boyfriend of over two years through a dating site. On our first date, I wore my Woot shirt with the penguins inside the Loch Ness Monster. Paired it with a summery green skirt. Worked out well.

ChronoSquall14

ThunderThighs wrote:I tried it but killed my account when it matched me with my ex. That was a frightening picture to have come up.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, right?

zXzGrifterzXz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zXzGrifterzXz

I met my wife on match, it was during one of those free weekend promotions. Thats right yall, Love on the cheap, woot!

ChronoSquall14

zXzGrifterzXz wrote:I met my wife on match, it was during one of those free weekend promotions. Thats right yall, Love on the cheap, woot!

Ha, sounds like date.woot. The dating site equivalent of Xoom cases and 30-pin iPod dock accessories.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ChronoSquall14 wrote:Ha, sounds like date.woot. The dating site equivalent of Xoom cases and 30-pin iPod dock accessories.

shudder.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

No, but I did meet my SO online!

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
ThunderThighs wrote:I tried it but killed my account when it matched me with my ex. That was a frightening picture to have come up.

You say that like it is a bad thing. You obviously wouldn't want to go out with your ex again, but by recommending your ex, the site is showing that it matches you with the type of person you will actually date.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Reclaimer456 wrote:You say that like it is a bad thing. You obviously wouldn't want to go out with your ex again, but by recommending your ex, the site is showing that it matches you with the type of person you will actually date.

People keep telling me that. All I remember is the scream that I let out when his picture came up.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

I met my husband (2 years married now) on okcupid - worked for us! Then he hooked me up with woot, and BAM! LOVE!

michaelt2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages michaelt2
curtisuxor wrote:"No, I prefer to be disappointed face-to-face."

hahahaha! LMAO!