1%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

outintospace

quality posts: 4 Private Messages outintospace

Is this some kind of Harry Potter reference?

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

How will the metallic ink look on the honduras blanks?

that was fun while it lasted!

DAISYC

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DAISYC
outintospace wrote:Is this some kind of Harry Potter reference?

No. I think it is in reference to the Save the Manatee Foundation... I'm not sure though

outintospace

quality posts: 4 Private Messages outintospace
DAISYC wrote:No. I think it is in reference to the Save the Manatee Foundation... I'm not sure though

I gave at the office.

kahlan828

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kahlan828

Yeah it is. King's Cross Station is where the Hogwarts Express takes students from London to Hogwarts every year on September 1st at 11am.

lola4028

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lola4028

It's the train to Hogwarts. Yes, it's a Harry Potter reference.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

CowboyDann I'm sorry I ever doubted you! This one totally needs a visual aid! I am old and confused by this reference!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

kookoogajew222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kookoogajew222

I could have sworn it had to do with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rulElJITIVY Maybe a coincidence??

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin
kahlan828 wrote:Yeah it is. King's Cross Station is where the Hogwarts Express takes students from London to Hogwarts every year on September 1st at 11am.

Are you sure, because the last time I was in London I got on at platform 9 in Kings Cross Station and ended up at Queens College, Cambridge.

Matthew Gerber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Matthew Gerber

Hrmm...

Hmmm?

SQUARRYLS 4EVAH!!!!1!!

RichardAZ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RichardAZ

What does 5972 mean then? It should say something about 9 3/4 for anybody to understand what it means.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
cyberpenguin wrote:Are you sure, because the last time I was in London I got on at platform 9 in Kings Cross Station and ended up at Queens College, Cambridge.

If you'd been at platform 9¾...

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

neuropsychosocial

RichardAZ wrote:What does 5972 mean then? It should say something about 9 3/4 for anybody to understand what it means.

5972 is the number on the front of the Hogwarts Express train, at least in the film versions.

Haveck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Haveck

Like the design, but black?? I'm so tired of black shirts. Give me a nice charcoal any day or get some color going.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Haveck wrote:Like the design, but black?? I'm so tired of black shirts. Give me a nice charcoal any day or get some color going.

But metallic in? Seems like that would pop so much better on black.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

harrylives7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages harrylives7

really racking up on the HP shirts this week... "Always" in the long sleeves and now this...let's try for the triple nerd score and throw up another, huh, Woot!?! I'm buyin' if you're selling!

MagicVines

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MagicVines

Heh. I was just feeling the opposite. More black shirts please!

Haveck wrote:Like the design, but black?? I'm so tired of black shirts. Give me a nice charcoal any day or get some color going.

[MOD: No advertising pls]

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
Matthew Gerber wrote:Hrmm...

Hmmm?

And nobody tattled in the Derby?

/sigh

Out of curiosity, has a T-shirt ever been killed on "opening day" due to potential infringement?

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Moueska wrote:And nobody tattled in the Derby?

/sigh

Out of curiosity, has a T-shirt ever been killed on "opening day" due to potential infringement?

Similar but there are a lot of logos with the train front on. The Depot in my hometown had a similar logo. The front on train is a very common logo aspect in clip art too... I consider it ripping if it you can lay it over and it matches. Fishes has harder angles and the other is more rounded. It doesn't match up.

I hate to be the Debbie Downer on this, but the constantly looking for a rip is getting old on Woot. Common themes happen. It sucks sometimes when it two artists in a derby or whatnot, but it happens.

I saw Fish work on this piece and saw the various versions she did to get to this. It was all organic thought.

perdita00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perdita00

One of your best designs yet!

There are lots of train logo designs out there that all follow the same format so I wouldn't get too jazzed up about it guys!!

The metallic ink on this makes it extra awesome!

neuropsychosocial

/sigh

This shirt is not from the Derby.

/sigh

Derby shirts print Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Daily shirts print Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. (Four times a year, following Double-Take Derbies, Editors' Choices will print Monday-Thursday.)

Yes. Several times. When the shirt actually infringed someone else's design. An old-fashioned train that looks like an old-fashioned train is not infringing on someone else's design.

Alternatively, I hope someone has reported Patrick, Mark, fable, ninthwheel, ocho, radscoolian, Wences, and Ramy for infringing on someone else's design... God's C&Ds are probably slightly scary - I wonder if they come in the form of lightning bolts?

And thus we come full circle to 'Arry Potter.

(fishbiscuit, congratulations on the print! I want to go reread Harry Potter now; thank you for that!)

dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25

/sigh

Illustrator, Dakin Costello put this overlay together to highlight the differences in the two images. Obviously the subject matter is the same and similar elements were used, but it's obvious both images were drawn independent of one another. Whether or not the artist was inspired by the image posted seems irrelevant. Artists are inspired by each other's style, subject matter, concepts all the time. This design stands on it's own conceptually and artistically. The overlay proves no elements were lifted, so this just kinda seems like another Woot witch hunt. Congrats Fishbiscuit on another excellent piece!

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Thanks for choosing my design, woot. Oh, and metallic ink! Bonus!

Ok, so artists use references when they draw and design. There's really no surprise when you're referencing the same subject, similarities appear. My process for this design: See Harry Potter on TV (for the millionth time), idea: wouldn't it be cool if there was a logo for Hogwarts Express, search for train logos, draw a train and add a train ticket to it, sub to woot, celebrate, defend design process in woot forums. *sigh*

Here are some image references I found, all kind of similar, but it's a train logo. Pretty standard layout and concept. Thanks to everyone who enjoys this design today!

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

congrats fishbiscuit5!

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
ThunderThighs wrote:But metallic in? Seems like that would pop so much better on black.

But I look like crap in black.........wait my wife just said "It's not the shirt color sport!"

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

Congrats on another daily print! Awesome work, Fishbiscuit.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

That shiny ink should look cool on the black. Congrats, Naheed- you're on a roll!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

But it has a gear on it!
And steam!
Therefore, it must be steam punk!

Nice work fb!

move along

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Congratulations! amazing print fishbiscuit!

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

Apparently Kings Cross station has recently been renovated and this is now part of the station...

kannaya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kannaya

This has great juxaposition and I love the details. Congrats!

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Love the clean, logo-style design. Fishbiscuit, there are many schools and sports clubs that could use a hand like yours.

These would also be a great template for birthday invitation cards.

For children, I mean. Not adults, of course.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
bluetuba wrote:CowboyDann I'm sorry I ever doubted you! This one totally needs a visual aid! I am old and confused by this reference!

haha sorry, I was wiped out yesterday and fell asleep about 15 minutes before this shirt even posted. Everyone else did a good job covering it though

bastet4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bastet4
MagicVines wrote:Heh. I was just feeling the opposite. More black shirts please!

Love black!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I'll just leave this here

move along

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester
kenney9226 wrote:Apparently Kings Cross station has recently been renovated and this is now part of the station...

Fishbiscuits print, metallic ink and a post from Kenny. Pretty cool day at woot. Now all we need is an Adder post grousing about things and we'll have a nice bit of nostalgia going on today.

silentbob007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silentbob007

As a Purdue student, that sports logo was the first thing I thought of (perhaps because of the coloring).

beware1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984

Sweet design! ...and Metallic ink!? Even better!

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

Very nice design! Metallic ink will look great !
Congrats fishbiscuit5!