WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: If there was a complete governmental/social/monetary collapse right now, what would you do?
  • 29.1% - Hole up where I am until things blow over. 242
  • 23.4% - Head out to the woods and make use of my survival skills. 195
  • 20.4% - Collect as much gas and razor wire as I can get my hands on. 170
  • 24.2% - I’d probably be one of the first to get trampled or something. 202
  • 2.9% - Something else I’ll explain in the comments. 24
833 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

Form my own society.

devul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devul

I'm in the military. So, I guess, by Hollywood rules, I'm supposed to help enforce a vicious police state in which we take everything from the civilians and abuse our Gun granted power.

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA

I have a wine cellar, I'm good for a long time!

BooferFTW

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BooferFTW

I wish more people would prepare for this type of situation rather than a zombie apocalypse. That being said, I'd still hole up in The Winchester.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

dootsie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dootsie

My parents have the most amazing plot of land in a very lightly-populated area. It's in a hollow with drinkable water, a garden and other important supplies.
I know where I'll be.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I'll be at Dootsie's

move along

Littlefish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Littlefish
devul wrote:I'm in the military. So, I guess, by Hollywood rules, I'm supposed to help enforce a vicious police state in which we take everything from the civilians and abuse our Gun granted power.

Mad Max, Postman, Waterworld (apologies for throwing in two overwrought Kevin Costner films in there)...

gcraney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcraney

Barter with the most able-bodied acquaintances I have to exchange a place of refuge for agreement to work and contribute to a small communal society. Then pack everyone up and head straight to my folks' ranch out in The Middle of Nowhere, TX.

zollars23

quality posts: 12 Private Messages zollars23

Live with my Native American relatives on their tribal lands.

A community already exists, hunter-gatherer skills are still in use, access to clean water... what more do you need?

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba

Hoard all the bottle caps I can find.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

I live in Maine; it's practically its own little country already. We've got plenty of farms, a thousand lakes of VERY clean water, and miles and miles of wilderness filled with delicious deer and moose. There's already a bunch of "off the grid" communities up here as well. OH, yea we also have huge battleships and everyone hunts, so don't even think about invading when we become an independent nation!

I could also be one of the first to escape to Canada if all else fails.

electricemu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages electricemu

Probably grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over.

omniscient666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omniscient666
ochopika wrote:We've got plenty of farms

If you don't personally have a farm now, you won't after the fall either. If you think you count on the farmers to save you, you'll be dead. After the government fails, we won't have money. Without money, other countries won't supply us with gas. Without gas farmers have to hand plow again. People will starve to death or resort to eating each other. Or flee the country if possible.

If the government falls and we spin into chaos, I'm getting my rifle, my katana, my gold and making a break for Mexico. Where the tequilla is almost as beautiful as the women.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 40 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

electricemu wrote:Probably grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over.

you've got red on you.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

lancer843

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lancer843
ochopika wrote:I live in Maine; it's practically its own little country already. We've got plenty of farms, a thousand lakes of VERY clean water, and miles and miles of wilderness filled with delicious deer and moose. There's already a bunch of "off the grid" communities up here as well. OH, yea we also have huge battleships and everyone hunts, so don't even think about invading when we become an independent nation!

I could also be one of the first to escape to Canada if all else fails.

Ditto, I live right on the top of maine next to a whole bunch of angry rednecks with guns that will gladly flip the bird to any mafia or government representative that tried to take their anything. Canada's my backyard so its just a skip and a hop and im free.

seanf350

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanf350

When the government stops handing out the food stamps, and the grocery store stops accepting food stamps, I would imagine that the food stamp recipients are going to be hungry. They'll be looking for food. And they won't be calling for pizza, because the Obamaphone no longer dials.

I'll probably be going to work, and at work, just like now. But it will probably pay more because they will not be taking half my wage in healthcare and taxes.

epete9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epete9

Imma loot me some fresh Jordans!!

ditt089

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ditt089

Probably move to Canada.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
lancer843 wrote:Ditto, I live right on the top of maine next to a whole bunch of angry rednecks with guns that will gladly flip the bird to any mafia or government representative that tried to take their anything. Canada's my backyard so its just a skip and a hop and im free.

*high five!*

omniscient666 wrote:If you don't personally have a farm now, you won't after the fall either. If you think you count on the farmers to save you, you'll be dead. After the government fails, we won't have money. Without money, other countries won't supply us with gas. Without gas farmers have to hand plow again. People will starve to death or resort to eating each other. Or flee the country if possible.

If the government falls and we spin into chaos, I'm getting my rifle, my katana, my gold and making a break for Mexico. Where the tequilla is almost as beautiful as the women.

The farms would only be able to feed a local population like back in the old days, and would have to be pesticide-free since shipping and use of the equipment takes too much fuel. It could work well in small communities where food-shares and stuff like that already exist. Success would really depend on the people involved, of course.

Anyway, we still have delicious moose. There is even a life-sized chocolate moose up here, let's see Mexico beat that! *note: Ochopika thinks Mexico is awesome, especially the chocolate.

*edited for some rambling... it's been a long day.