ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

tomspc wrote:LOL...never! Did you know that it's possible to do animals without being cute? Yes, I assure you, it can be done. Come on people, design something that doesn't make me puke rainbows!

But, but I thought puking rainbows was a good thing! The internet says so, see? (only look at the first definition...just the first one!)

inu14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inu14

had a go a modifying the sloth image any feedback appreciated ^^:

inu14

oakenspirit wrote:Ha! Seriously... I am knee deep in my own sloth drawing!
I SAY we make sloths the next woot mascot!

no worries though...
Our ideas are nothing alike...

heh Sloths look so funny, I've been waiting to use one somewhere. I look forward to seeing your sloth too!

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565

deliver profits..... mind boggling.

deborah11565

ochopika wrote:But, but I thought puking rainbows was a good thing! The internet says so, see? (only look at the first definition...just the first one!)

Now that is funny.....!

deborah11565

paaiyan wrote:Guesses on how many rejections for pigs as cops?

That same thought crossed my mind... I chuckled and moved on. I have seen some cute ones but I could see where it would be offensive.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
inu14 wrote:had a go a modifying the sloth image any feedback appreciated ^^:

The stopwatch is pretty overwhelming. I like the dejected expression on the cheetah(?).

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit

Love the cheetah and the triumphant pose of the sloth... the clock is big! ;)

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
ochopika wrote:But, but I thought puking rainbows was a good thing! The internet says so, see? (only look at the first definition...just the first one!)

Hey! You taking pictures of me through the window? Closing the blinds now.

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
JadenKale wrote:This makes me think of my entry a while back: Hipster-Ness

haha awesome

jessisima

Mavyn wrote:I like it. And yes, text must go, since the rule says No Text.

But I'm a fan of hippos.

And rhinos.

And other animals ending in 'os'.

Its funny how quickly my brain deleted the "No Text" rule from my memory. So yes, the text will definitely go away. Thanks for the reminder.

jessisima

FloppyKing wrote:Might get rejected for non-original character, but i would buy a shirt similar to this if it was a hiphopopotamus or Rhymenoceros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FArZxLj6DLk

Oh is this a character from somewhere else? If so, the similarity is not intentional... but let me know if it is something I should avoid.

jessisima

orabbit wrote:Cool! I like the colors. You should fix the glasses. Something weird is happening on the left side.

Yeah, he definitely needs a touch up. I'm glad that there is general interest though

deborah11565

tomspc wrote:Hey! You taking pictures of me through the window? Closing the blinds now.

The puking stick figure got pulled..... ? Gestapo.... or choice ?

deborah11565

deborah11565 wrote:The puking stick figure got pulled..... ? Gestapo.... or choice ?

Must be my ipad.... now he is back ! Or, maybe it is my super powers.... lol.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

I present the Well Read Herring. Not sure about shirt color or color choices in general. I know light blue is loathed, but I want it to look like he's under water (background to come). Thoughts?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
orabbit wrote:I present the Well Read Herring. Not sure about shirt color or color choices in general. I know light blue is loathed, but I want it to look like he's under water (background to come). Thoughts?

Read Herring... lol! Try it on royal blue, give it a sea floor with some ocean environment. The chair could also be shades of blue.

oakenspirit

orabbit wrote:I present the Well Read Herring. Not sure about shirt color or color choices in general. I know light blue is loathed, but I want it to look like he's under water (background to come). Thoughts?

Ha!

Classy... love the P.I. book...

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan
oakenspirit wrote:Any thoughts on this so far?

Wanting an owl writer staying up too late with writer's block....

thoughts on title as well?

thanks in advance...

You'll get dinged for the question mark, the numbers on the clock and possibly the books.

oakenspirit

paaiyan wrote:You'll get dinged for the question mark, the numbers on the clock and possibly the books.

You really think?

Well, the numbers and question mark are easily removed... The book text is practically chicken scratch though...

deborah11565

Bubbles maybe ?

paaiyan

oakenspirit wrote:You really think?

Well, the numbers and question mark are easily removed... The book text is practically chicken scratch though...

The books are iffy. I can make out what look like a couple letters. I don't know how picky the rejectionator will be. It will, however, get you for the numbers and question mark for sure. I've seen it reject designs for one exclamation point or question mark in a no-text derby before.

paaiyan

A pipe with bubbles would be fitting, methinks.

OH OH OH! Or a mantle in the background with a diver's helmet mounted on a plaque.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

Nobody Ever Looks Up!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
ressamac wrote:Nobody Ever Looks Up!

Mwah hah hah. Evil raccoons. :D

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc

Just got back from Africa, so it's still pretty heavy on my mind.

I got to thinking about an elephant going on safari, with another elephant porter to carry his trunk(s). Also, I got the chance to learn about batik, so I chose to use that style, as well...

oakenspirit

paaiyan wrote:The books are iffy. I can make out what look like a couple letters. I don't know how picky the rejectionator will be. It will, however, get you for the numbers and question mark for sure. I've seen it reject designs for one exclamation point or question mark in a no-text derby before.

K... question mark and numbers gone... Tweaking book "text" to make less ... whatever...

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
lyonscc wrote:Just got back from Africa, so it's still pretty heavy on my mind.

I got to thinking about an elephant going on safari, with another elephant porter to carry his trunk(s). Also, I got the chance to learn about batik, so I chose to use that style, as well...

I love the colors of the background. At least for me, the design didn't quite say elephants on safari. I'm stuck on elephant with a monocle. But, that's just what I'm seeing.

trapperjon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trapperjon

I've been thinking about using this design. Any thoughts on it? I've been unable to think of a appropriate title :/

inu14

aerc712 wrote:The stopwatch is pretty overwhelming. I like the dejected expression on the cheetah(?).

Thanks! I'll have a go at working with the clock when I get home ^^

FloppyKing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FloppyKing

you might want to make the divide between the finish line tape and the cheetah a little clearer. Since the colors are the same i had to zoom in before i realized it wasn't some other sort of animal with the end of the tape draped over him.

barefists

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barefists

Wonder if we can submit an entry with no animals in it, but hints at it...

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
paaiyan wrote:A pipe with bubbles would be fitting, methinks.

OH OH OH! Or a mantle in the background with a diver's helmet mounted on a plaque.

Or a cozy fireplace, but instead of a fire it's one of those aquarium bubblers. I really like the concept of this design, though, and don't know that you need to get too fancy. A bit of sea floor or something to ground the design & I'm there voting already.

justynadorsz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justynadorsz

It's my third derby so I am fairly new and I have a question, maybe some veterans could clarify that for me
The title of the derby is 'Animals as People', does it mean that animals have to be dressed as people (in the description of the derby there are suggestions how the animals can be dressed) or can the animals only behave as people, e.g. reading a book, drinking tea, shopping (without being dressed as humans)?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
justynadorsz wrote:It's my third derby so I am fairly new and I have a question, maybe some veterans could clarify that for me
The title of the derby is 'Animals as People', does it mean that animals have to be dressed as people (in the description of the derby there are suggestions how the animals can be dressed) or can the animals only behave as people, e.g. reading a book, drinking tea, shopping (without being dressed as humans)?

Yes, it's just anthropomorphised animals, so run with your nekkid marmoset at Barnes & Noble.

move along

audrey444

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audrey444

I think your image is fine without the stopwatch. The addition of the cheetah tells your story.

justynadorsz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justynadorsz
j5 wrote:Yes, it's just anthropomorphised animals, so run with your nekkid marmoset at Barnes & Noble.

thanks!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
oakenspirit wrote:You really think?

FWIW, when the rule is 'No text', it literally means absolutely nothing that is on a keyboard or can be read. So no Japanese/Chinese characters, no grammar marks, no numbers, no letters of the alphabet, etc.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

I'm having trouble deciding on the colors here. If anyone likes the design and has a preference, please share

Ninja Cat

Vote!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
jasneko wrote:I'm having trouble deciding on the colors here. If anyone likes the design and has a preference, please share

Ninja Cat

I like the second one best. I think it might make more sense if the top of the fence had breaks in between the boards, though. It took me a minute to figure out it was supposed to be on a fence...And maybe remove some of the lines on the outfit? It looks kind of like a mummy...Or maybe it's just 'that time of year'.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.