WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Boyz (and Girlz) in the Hood(ies)

A zip-up hoodie: it's just like a regular hoodie, except with a zipper running conveniently down the front so that you don't have to flash everyone whenever you try to take it off. Well, we took this amazing breakthrough in sweatshirt mechanics and printed a few of our favorite Shirt.Woot designs on them right in time for the cold weather!

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Neato!

that was fun while it lasted!

werdwerdus

quality posts: 15 Private Messages werdwerdus

still waiting for Circuitulatory System to come back

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

Spiffy! Might have to nab myself a Nevermore hoodie when I get paid.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

I'm pondering the purchase of a Nevermore hoodie...

I have the t-shirt which I had to bleach in order to see the wordbird. I do like the idea of a black hoody, I'm just hoping it'll look as awesome as it does in the pic with that proper contrast. Anyone have experience with the pantone color 445C printed on a black hoody?

*edit* I did find this http://shirt.woot.com/offers/nevermore-zip-up-hoodie Any way to tell if this is the same hoody?

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
safyrejet wrote:I'm pondering the purchase of a Nevermore hoodie...

I have the t-shirt which I had to bleach in order to see the wordbird. I do like the idea of a black hoody, I'm just hoping it'll look as awesome as it does in the pic with that proper contrast. Anyone have experience with the pantone color 445C printed on a black hoody?

I have the pullover hoodie, and this is how it looks:

Emay09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Emay09

What are the quality of these zip up hoodies?

steveaskins

quality posts: 3 Private Messages steveaskins

Sigh.....They never make the ones i want.......

tigerfish313

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313
Narfcake wrote:I have the pullover hoodie, and this is how it looks:

When did you get yours? Does anyone know if it is the same quality/brand materials this time around? The one in the picture looks great, but I know there have been a few issues with a few t-shirt colors/designs (specifically the t-shirt version of Nevermore) due to a change in suppliers...

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

Yanno, I love my zip-up hoodie and all...but they're super thin--practically t-shirt material. I just can't justify spending 30 dollars for that. -.-

Narfcake

tigerfish313 wrote:When did you get yours? Does anyone know if it is the same quality/brand materials this time around? ...

Last year. No supplier change on the hoodies - they're still Gildan G185/G186.

VenusAD wrote:Yanno, I love my zip-up hoodie and all...but they're super thin--practically t-shirt material. I just can't justify spending 30 dollars for that. -.-

That's the lightweight hoodie; this side sale are the fleece hoodies.

burns72

quality posts: 9 Private Messages burns72
Narfcake wrote:That's the lightweight hoodie; this side sale are the fleece hoodies.

$30 still seems high, or am I out of touch with the market price of kid's hoodies?

ravenevar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravenevar
burns72 wrote:$30 still seems high, or am I out of touch with the market price of kid's hoodies?

These are adult hoodies, are they not?

haupt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages haupt

If the Rex the Riveter was a pull over I would be in for 1. In a zip up, no thank you.

tomthall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomthall

test

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower

Derp, bad at button pushing.

Ok, I know I bring this up almost every side sale, and I'm sure it's getting a little irritating to some people, but does anyone know how I can find out if there will ever be any more lightweight hoodies? This is something like 9 side sales without them.

I sent in an email to woot and got that confirmation thing that my email was in the queue, but that was seven days ago. Not sure if I should put another one in, wait it out, or just give up, but I'm not really the giving up type. It's too cold for lightweight hoodies here now, so I probably should have given up and bought one somewhere else when it would have actually been useful to me, but spring is coming! I've window e-shopped around a little bit and found other designs in the lightweight hoodie to be extremely lacking, so I'd rather not put a whole lot of effort into it if they will be making a return here.

Related note: does anyone know of another place where I can get lightweight zip-up hoodies with designs on par with what gets sold here?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
yellowflower wrote:Derp, bad at button pushing.

Ok, I know I bring this up almost every side sale, and I'm sure it's getting a little irritating to some people, but does anyone know how I can find out if there will ever be any more lightweight hoodies? This is something like 9 side sales without them.

I sent in an email to woot and got that confirmation thing that my email was in the queue, but that was seven days ago. Not sure if I should put another one in, wait it out, or just give up, but I'm not really the giving up type. It's too cold for lightweight hoodies here now, so I probably should have given up and bought one somewhere else when it would have actually been useful to me, but spring is coming! I've window e-shopped around a little bit and found other designs in the lightweight hoodie to be extremely lacking, so I'd rather not put a whole lot of effort into it if they will be making a return here.

Related note: does anyone know of another place where I can get lightweight zip-up hoodies with designs on par with what gets sold here?

It's my understanding after doing a little looking into this on your behalf that the lightweight hoodies are intended to be a summerish product, sold in season (it also is very likely that actual production of LW hoodies by our supplier is less in fall/winter). Not exactly the most awesome news and we're sorry about that, but I do appreciate your diligence in asking and keeping on the subject.

I'm just hanging out, really.

inwyntron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inwyntron

If only my grandma hadn't just sent me a pile of new hoodies..... Oh well. But I'd totally buy Rex the Riveter in poster form.

Narfcake

ravenevar wrote:These are adult hoodies, are they not?

Yes. The side sale name is a name play.

inkycatz wrote:It's my understanding after doing a little looking into this on your behalf that the lightweight hoodies are intended to be a summerish product, sold in season ...

Makes sense. Just like retailers don't stock their shelves with heaters in summer and room air conditioners in winter, it doesn't make sense for Woot to be printing on the LW hoodies when most of the states is in fall/early winter season.

(I say most ... it's supposed to be 100-102 today here in SoCal.)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
tigerfish313 wrote:When did you get yours? Does anyone know if it is the same quality/brand materials this time around? The one in the picture looks great, but I know there have been a few issues with a few t-shirt colors/designs (specifically the t-shirt version of Nevermore) due to a change in suppliers...

Nevermore underwent two revisions recently, both of which made the legibility issue worse, IMHO: the Anvil asphalt blank is darker than the (original) AA asphalt blank, and it appears that woot made the lines of the font thicker. I presume this was an attempt to make the words easier to read, which was a good thought and might have worked on its own, except that part of the visual impact of the design is that a few bold words suggest the beak, eye, etc. With all of the font made thicker, those elements no longer stand out and it's actually harder to "read" from a distance.

A lousy picture of what I like to call a "second generation" Nevermore: April 2011, after woot solved the "first generation" problem of ink severely fading after washing (this copy has been washed probably two dozen times, if not more), but before the "third generation" when the blank became darker.

A lousy picture of the pullover Nevermore hoodie (dog hair not included; sorry, I pulled this out of the wash!):

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake

neuropsychosocial wrote:Nevermore underwent two revisions recently, both of which made the legibility issue worse, IMHO: the Anvil asphalt blank is darker than the (original) AA asphalt blank, and it appears that woot made the lines of the font thicker. ...

For comparison, here is a "first generation" and a "third generation".

Again, this is just referring to the regular shirts; as you can see with both of our copies, there are no such issues with the hoodies.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Anyone have a small of these hoodies that can tell me what it might compare to in a kid size? I have a 7yo that would likely love Science Can Do It, but I don't know if he'd like it as much in 3 years (if the size is that large)

lauramusich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauramusich

I'd really like to see an X-small size option or women's sizes on some of the side sale items. I'd be more likely to buy something that fits properly.

emilyb0902

quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902

Regarding hoodie quality, they're a mid-weight hoodie, definitely not lightweight. I got one in a recent side sale and am trying to stop myself from buying way more than I should in this one.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

Thanks all for adding the pics of the Nevermore hoodie. It does look a lot better than I expected printed on the black with the light font. I have a recent anvil Nevermore shirt (not sure which "generation") and the printed black text as so close to the dark grey shirt color I had to squint and hold it in the light in order to tell there was anything printed on the thing. I used some bleach cleaner dribbled over the area of the bird and it came out pretty nifty looking now. For a $12 t-shirt, that's OK.

I didn't really want to have to alter a $30 hoodie. Now I just have to figure out whether I can justify buying a hoodie. The want is there, the need/space, not so much...

bmw66x

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x

Is the sizing chart for these hoodies the same as with the regular tees?

Thanks!

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

tubedogg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tubedogg
bmw66x wrote:Is the sizing chart for these hoodies the same as with the regular tees?

Thanks!

No, the hoodies are little bit bigger. I wear a 3X men's t-shirt, but the 2X zip-up hoodie fits me well. (It's snug when completely zipped, but not overly so. Like a nice blanket tucked around you.)

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
Narfcake wrote:That's the lightweight hoodie; this side sale are the fleece hoodies.

Oooooh. That explains it. No, I don't think 30 is too much then. I'll keep that in mind next time (still don't want any of these designs this time around ^^) Thank you!

joshshoewah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshshoewah

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Read_A_BooklynDetail.png

Make a zip-up of "Read a Book" and I'll buy three of them.

ashman1414

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ashman1414

How do you know they are fleece, where does it indicate that?

whitneyturk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whitneyturk

More please.

Narfcake

ashman1414 wrote:How do you know they are fleece, where does it indicate that?

I know ... because I'm the resident shirt nerd? These zip-up hoodies are Gildan G186 blanks.

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
inkycatz wrote:It's my understanding after doing a little looking into this on your behalf that the lightweight hoodies are intended to be a summerish product, sold in season (it also is very likely that actual production of LW hoodies by our supplier is less in fall/winter). Not exactly the most awesome news and we're sorry about that, but I do appreciate your diligence in asking and keeping on the subject.

Thank you for the response! Crossing my fingers that the summer season comes earlier to shirt.woot than it does to Maine.

abbeyth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abbeyth

only up to 2x? dammit... if they went up to a 3x i'd be in for 2 or 3 of these. *grumblecakes*

w00zle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w00zle

Has anyone had a problem with the hoodies having a weird chemical smell and mild adhesive on them upon arrival? My skin was on fire after trying on my pullover "Cat in the Box". The insides were stuck to each other, and there was a sticky residue all over it. I've been buying Woot products for years, and this is the first time I've had a problem like this. It may come out in the wash, but the coating was difficult to scrub from my forearms.

*update* Change "difficult" to "impossible". I have tried shampoo, rubbing alcohol, and soap so far, and nothing is working. My previous post was optimistic. A trip to urgent care was not in my plans for this hoodie, but if vinegar or baking soda doesn't work, that's where I'll be.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

w00zle wrote:Has anyone had a problem with the hoodies having a weird chemical smell and mild adhesive on them upon arrival? My skin was on fire after trying on my pullover "Cat in the Box". The insides were stuck to each other, and there was a sticky residue all over it. I've been buying Woot products for years, and this is the first time I've had a problem like this. It may come out in the wash, but the coating was difficult to scrub from my forearms.

*update* Change "difficult" to "impossible". I have tried shampoo, rubbing alcohol, and soap so far, and nothing is working. My previous post was optimistic. A trip to urgent care was not in my plans for this hoodie, but if vinegar or baking soda doesn't work, that's where I'll be.

I responded to your other post:

That's an adhesive that they put on the plate so the hoodie stays in place during the printing process. Sounds like yours might have been printed shortly after a fresh coat.

Since each color is printed separately, it's important that the garments don't move as they rotate to the next color. It will wash out in the laundry. Sorry you had a reaction to it.

Here's a video that shows you how it's done.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

w00zle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w00zle
ThunderThighs wrote:I responded to your other post:

That's an adhesive that they put on the plate so the hoodie stays in place during the printing process. Sounds like yours might have been printed shortly after a fresh coat.

Since each color is printed separately, it's important that the garments don't move as they rotate to the next color. It will wash out in the laundry. Sorry you had a reaction to it.

Here's a video that shows you how it's done.

Oh, snap. I thought I deleted the other one. I figured that was a dead thread at this point.

It still hasn't come off, but since the burning stopped, it was not important enough to hit up the ER on a Friday night. I'm still sticky, but am going to talk to 3M to see if they have any insight regarding removal.

Thank you for responding so quickly on a weekend.

*update* It will not come off the hoodie, either. I cannot wear a gunky hoodie, even if it wouldn't cause the welts and burning that happened last night. Am I now out $25.00, and am I stuck with the worst birthday present I've ever ordered?

*update* It is in my hair. I have been growing my long curly hair for 22 years. 22 years. The adhesive won't come off anything. The association with the gunk in The Cat in the Hat is somewhat accurate. This may end in heartbreak.

Please forward to me the MSDS for the chemical, the brand name, and the manfacturer.

emilyb0902

quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902

Have you tried something besides soap and water? Even bubblegum is no match for an oily substance (try something like baby oil or peanut butter).

Regarding MSDSes, in my work I often need to look them up, and generally speaking one material for a given purpose (synthetic motor oil, mineral spirits, etc.) is comparable to another. Googling "screen printing adhesive" found me this link which lists several different adhesive types with brands you could look up.

Good luck!

jgoldin1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgoldin1

i ordered a zipup hoodie last week and it still hasn't shipped. should i give up on it?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jgoldin1 wrote:i ordered a zipup hoodie last week and it still hasn't shipped. should i give up on it?

Breathe! They're headed out on the 26th.

I'm just hanging out, really.