ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

krissta wrote:Ok, so just to be sure, these are the NEW sizes, not the OLD sizes where I had to order an XL instead of a M? So I should order a M? I want to be absolutely sure, because I NEED Fresh Cake! :D

These are AA so the women's shirts will run smaller compared to the Anvil shirts we sell now.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
krissta wrote:Ok, so just to be sure, these are the NEW sizes, not the OLD sizes where I had to order an XL instead of a M? So I should order a M? I want to be absolutely sure, because I NEED Fresh Cake! :D
ThunderThighs wrote:These are AA so the women's shirts will run smaller compared to the Anvil shirts we sell now.

Short version: Order XL

move along

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

Ordered Fresh Cake for me and another for Mrs. natedogg828, now I will finally have a purple Woot! shirt to match my purple square (already have a black one for when I eventually earn my black square).

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey

Woot!, I had been doing so well resisting buying shirts lately. Now I want Night Life AND Playful Foxes. Someone want my randoms so I can buy these!

chellemonkey

Is it possible for these to sell out? *hoping for a staff answer*

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

love all the eggplant!!!! it's gonna be awhile before this gets integrated into the derby though, what with the different blank supplier huh?

i'm taking advantage while i can!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Ohmygods ohmygods ohmygods!!! *hyperventilating* Purple shirts on AA WOMEN'S SIZES?!?!?!!??! AhhhhhhHHHHHhh... take my monies--TAKE ALL MY MONIES!!

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Thanks, Woot! My wife is very pleased at this second chance to get a Nyan Cat.

krissta

quality posts: 3 Private Messages krissta
j5 wrote:Short version: Order XL

Woo! Thanks! :D

KimNicole

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KimNicole
jmmbell1987 wrote:I own the original "Night Life" (one of my all time favorite Woot shirts) but I gotta say... it looks stunning in eggplant. Might have to pick one up.

thank you. I missed that and was going to pass on my favorite color because none of the other prints appeal to me. But nightlife is a shirt I wanted again. My first one fell apart.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chellemonkey wrote:Is it possible for these to sell out? *hoping for a staff answer*

I can't say for sure but you should be ok from what I saw. DO PAY ATTENTION TO THE END DATE THOUGH!

This sale ends 10/24 and then they're gone.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dioxazine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dioxazine

This has MADE my friday!!!

First I saw the purple and was like... oh yea, that's my color! Then cupcakes and houses and nyan.. OH MY!!!!

But, sadness kicked in... oh Anvil.. none for... wait.. AA? COULD IT BE??

My credit card now hates me. Thanks woot!

chellemonkey

ThunderThighs wrote:I can't say for sure but you should be ok from what I saw. DO PAY ATTENTION TO THE END DATE THOUGH!

This sale ends 10/24 and then they're gone.

Thanks for the reply! I was going to mull it over and I just wanted to make sure that if I forget to look again before monday that I would still have a chance. (I check more often at work than at home)

I must say today's daily would look stunning on purple as well!

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe
safyrejet wrote:Purple I love! But AA, not so much. :/ I know, I'm one of those people. Only design I'd really want would be the foxes, so cute, but I'm less inclined to buy AA L when Anvil S fits me soooooo much better. At least I got the foxes on a tote bag during that big random side sale a few months back.

You aren't the only one. I wear WL/WXL in Anvil and have to order men's sizes in AA, so the t-shirts never look as good. I don't like t-shirts to fit too snugly, so I actually appreciate the more generous sizes Anvil uses. I like some of the designs, but not sure I'll like how the shirts will look on men's sizing on a woman's figure.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

chellemonkey wrote:Is it possible for these to sell out? *hoping for a staff answer*

We don't foresee that happening, but as with all of these PLUS sales we'll be keeping an eye on sales and availability. Sell outs are unfortunately necessary on occasion, but hopefully this won't be one of them.

And as TT said, watch the end date. We'd hate for you to miss out on all this purple.

Big thanks to you guys for helping us with this one, and thanks to JenDupre for the original inspiration. Please check your PM please, Jen.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

Cake and Pizza for me!

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

Some of these look *amazing* on purple! But no children's sizes make me sad...my son's favorite color is purple.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

j5 wrote:Larger. You need to order larger (for womens and [s]childrens[/s]).
eta: no chitlin sizes. Ah well.

yeah, i phrased that all screwy.

sorry! pulled another boner there.

they really need to just put me in a corner or something.

maybe they'll pull me out of the game and i'll get caught flirting with an adequately attractive bikini model while a more valuable moderator of higher integrity breaks his/her ankle whilst picking up my slack.
RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

amreli wrote:Some of these look *amazing* on purple! But no children's sizes make me sad...my son's favorite color is purple.

We definitely tried but it didn't quite work with our timeline... this time. Hopefully we can do this again and work those in.

chellemonkey

tgentry wrote:We don't foresee that happening, but as with all of these PLUS sales we'll be keeping an eye on sales and availability. Sell outs are unfortunately necessary on occasion, but hopefully this won't be one of them.

And as TT said, watch the end date. We'd hate for you to miss out on all this purple.

But this sellout would be an instance of you have X number of purple shirts and you would run out of a size across the board or you have X number of each design?

imsaborda

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imsaborda

I was mesmerized by the Balance shirt, but then I'm like, Ugh! Learn about how reflections work, Shirt.Woot!

It looks too much like water to not expect it to reflect...

Coveted black-box Wooter.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
amreli wrote:Some of these look *amazing* on purple! But no children's sizes make me sad...my son's favorite color is purple.

Might try a WS for a child.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

I'm actually pretty curious with how this all came together from a design standpoint because I have to say I was really shocked with a lot of the designs chosen. The main reason is that I'm really surprised with how many of the designs are entirely orange or have large orange elements. Maybe it's just me, but I can't think of any cases where orange and purple work together.

What I was expecting was designs that primarily had yellows as the bright colors, but incorporated a lot more dark greens and blues or deep reds, which are colors I think are much more effective with this shade of purple. And some of the designs are natural choices: Ask Again Later, In Harmony Remix, Nyan's Dream Remix, and Night Life Remix. They all use the many of the colors I listed or have purple already as a part of the design.

I think mostly I'm a little disappointed that a few of the designs I like aren't terribly appealing in their current form. Nightmoth Remix I'm really on the fence on. The orange is dark enough to be ok, but again I don't know that it was the best choice. Also, Home Sweet Home I was excited to see, but I think it lost a ton of the lie of the original moving to monochrome. I actually think the original color scheme would have been perfect with no alterations. I think I might buy one shirt as it stands, but I feel like I could have easily bought three or four with the right colors.

Some colors are much more difficult to work with and purple is one of them. It just seems to me like that wasn't taken into account much, and I'm curious how much thought was put into making sure the designs were right for purple or if it was just a matter or what people volunteered?

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
PemberDucky wrote:yeah, i phrased that all screwy.

You really need to go back and edit your first post where you said that, since it's still linked as a 'Quality Post' and says the wrong thing!
(ie, it should say, order larger size than you do now, since AA run smaller)

[mod note:] i zapped it entirely. then i gave myself a deserved swirly.

j5

I ordered a WS for my daughter, it will probably be too big, but they grow.
The WL is a bit bigger than a K12, so the WS might be close to a K8, maybe?
Maybe not
Here's the sizing chart for AA
I upped my order to a WM which is like a K10 but longer.

move along

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

I. Literally. Screamed.

lonelypond

quality posts: 438 Private Messages lonelypond

Next up, start on my Christmas list: a Heather Grey Palooza please?!?!?!?! Or at least this on something. The other type item is a Makerbot so you'll probably want to go with the shirt/hoodie option ; )

trekmiss

j5 wrote:I ordered a WS for my daughter, it will probably be too big, but they grow.
The WL is a bit bigger than a K12, so the WS might be close to a K10, maybe?

I think the WS comes in between a K6 and K8.

ETA: The Sizing Chart shows the WS is basically the same as a K8, but longer.

j5

trekmiss wrote:I think the WS comes in between a K6 and K8.

Yeah, you're right.
I updated my post with the sizing chart.

move along

trekmiss

j5 wrote:Yeah, you're right.
I updated my post with the sizing chart.

Ha! I did the same thing, but you beat me to it.

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal
PemberDucky wrote:
maybe they'll pull me out of the game and i'll get caught flirting with an adequately attractive bikini model while a more valuable moderator of higher integrity breaks his/her ankle whilst picking up my slack.
RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES.

You could get traded to Miami.

I love this sale, so exiting! I usually buy tees with a cat on them or with an astronaut on them, so which one should I get this time?

Yeah, I already bought it!

aliebowi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliebowi
Narfcake wrote:Yep. American Apparel.

YAY YAY YAY!!! The Anvil women's small is too large for me so I figured my shirt.woot days were over...I guess not, thanks Woot!

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot

Yee! Fresh Cake in WM and MS to go with the original cake, and now I have a backup and a shirt for the upcoming roundifying holidays! *kermit flail*

Now to sit and stare at the rest of the sale... might have to get some Awesome Deer -- I'm really liking how that design pops on eggplant :D

Thanks so much for putting this together!!! I don't really have a preference between Anvil and AA (yeah I'm one of *those* people), I just love purple! I wouldn't say no to a return of heather gray either >.>

mukimuki

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mukimuki

Woot staff: Do these purple AA have a seam on the sides of the women's shirts? I just put on one of those today and remembered they fit a little larger on me than the seamless ones. I would definitely order a different size depending on the answer! Thanks!

(See Woot, you win back my money with AA shirts!)

thumperchick

quality posts: 247 Private Messages thumperchick

So... if this does well, anyone holding out hope that AA might make a comeback?

intensefancypink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages intensefancypink

Yep, my fingers, toes, and eyes are all crossed hoping for an AA comeback.
I bought 6 shirts from this sale & I'm contemplating buying 1 or 2 more before it ends ;-)
Listen up, woot!: if you bring back AA blanks, I'll be back (and so will my $$$).

thumperchick wrote:So... if this does well, anyone holding out hope that AA might make a comeback?

khatheway

quality posts: 1 Private Messages khatheway

I had a really hard time saying no to Nyan's Dream the first time around. Now that it's purple, I am but putty in Woot's hands.

pragmatist007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pragmatist007

Ok, who told you about my bonus check, and my love for K-State purple?

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca
thumperchick wrote:So... if this does well, anyone holding out hope that AA might make a comeback?

I do not speak for shirt.woot or any other of the woot divisions but my best answer would be no. Woot now makes such a large margin using the Anvil shirts that both their profits and revenue would have to fall far below pre-Anvil levels for them to reevaluate their blank choice. Even then their is no guarantee they go back to AA.

Aside from any additional AA side sales that may occur, and this one has to do well for more to even be considered, there will be no AA shirts offered as derbies or dalies.

My hope is the side sale is successful and leads to more AA based events. Haven't bought a shirt since they all went Anvil, bought 5 in this sale.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr
trekmiss wrote:I think the WS comes in between a K6 and K8.

ETA: The Sizing Chart shows the WS is basically the same as a K8, but longer.

Thanks! I was thinking of doing that, so my 4 yr old grand daughter and I could have another matching shirt (Fresh Cake is too hard to pass up and purple is her fav color). She can always use it as a nightshirt for a few years.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!