trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
blanked wrote:I recently found the only woman xl aa shirt I bought at the bottom of my drawer ( washed 3-4 times), I compared it to a well washed anvil woman large. The anvil was longer.

Not much help for me, since I need the length of an AA MXL. I may be short, but I like my shirts long. I bought an anvil WXL in the last random sale, and it was too short out of the bag.

gryphoness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gryphoness
Gokuchu wrote:In for one Nyan Cat to support more American Apparel shirts!

Yes!! This! Bought two even!

Seriously there are two more shirts in the reckoning I would buy right now if they were on AA. :/ How did this happen?? How can it happen more??

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge

I LOVE BEING PURPLE

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

I'm pretty sure the only reason it's on AA is because they had the purple shirts. People buying up this side sale hoping for an AA return are going to be seriously disappointed..

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
sunaness wrote:I'm pretty sure the only reason it's on AA is because they had the purple shirts. People buying up this side sale hoping for an AA return are going to be seriously disappointed..

Anvil also has purple. Just not eggplant. Nonetheless it still helps people with their AA and purple shirt fixations. I would still like to see an interesting experiment set up so that people can "put their money where their mouth is". AA and Anvil have similar colors, so set up a series of sales where people are given the option of what they want. Prices aren't going to go down, and I don't know the cost structure at shirt.woot so for example:

First day sales --> $12 on Anvil, $15 on AA.
Second day onward --> $15 on Anvil, $18 on AA.

Or, run it as a side sale. Let the customers decide if they want to pay more for an AA blank.

racheling

quality posts: 2 Private Messages racheling
sunaness wrote:I'm pretty sure the only reason it's on AA is because they had the purple shirts. People buying up this side sale hoping for an AA return are going to be seriously disappointed..

I'm not buying because I'm expecting everything to change, I'm buying because it's a chance to get a shirt I like that actually fits me. Also purple.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
artulo wrote:Anvil also has purple. ...

They don't for the 980/880, so it'd have to be a custom order.

racheling wrote:I'm not buying because I'm expecting everything to change, I'm buying because it's a chance to get a shirt I like that actually fits me. Also purple.

This.

slipppers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slipppers

Sad. All the designs I love here I already have in other colors! Whaa! I want a purple tee!!! Add some other designs please!

teafie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teafie

late to the party but AM I (NYAN) DREAMING!? Purple's my favorite color!!!! I really want fresh cake @_@

lizzichu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lizzichu

So gaid I got paid in time to buy 3 purple shirts! I got the cupcake, foxes, and also Nyan's Dream even though I already have that one but now I have it in purple!! Oh woot you are difficult to resist with my money!

lizzichu

slipppers wrote:Sad. All the designs I love here I already have in other colors! Whaa! I want a purple tee!!! Add some other designs please!

I only have one of the designs but it looks great in purple and I think its neat to have more than one of the same shirt in a different color

lizzichu

slipppers wrote:Sad. All the designs I love here I already have in other colors! Whaa! I want a purple tee!!! Add some other designs please!

I only have one of the designs but it looks great in purple and I think its neat to have more than one of the same shirt in a different color

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey

So I have a gray Nyan's MXL washed and worn a couple times that I would trade someone for playful foxes or nightlife on purple :D

speedlazer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages speedlazer

Is the purple line on "In Harmony" on this version and I just can't see it, or is it just not there?

For comparisons sake

Purple:
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/in-harmony-remix

Not purple:
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/in-harmony-21

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
speedlazer wrote:Is the purple line on "In Harmony" on this version and I just can't see it, or is it just not there?

For comparisons sake

Purple:

Not purple:

I don't see it - that's a great catch! I believe shirt.woot usually reuses templates, so it's likely that it will print in some color or another on the final version, but it won't be very obvious if it's purple, and it's the kind of small detail that would be very easy to overlook when preparing to print.

tgentry: could you (or another shirt.woot staffer) confirm what will happen with the print? Purple line, no line, kick line?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

speedlazer wrote:Is the purple line on "In Harmony" on this version and I just can't see it, or is it just not there?

For comparisons sake

Purple:

Not purple:

i will poke staff and find out more about the single purple line.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

neuropsychosocial wrote:I don't see it - that's a great catch! I believe shirt.woot usually reuses templates, so it's likely that it will print in some color or another on the final version, but it won't be very obvious if it's purple, and it's the kind of small detail that would be very easy to overlook when preparing to print.

tgentry: could you (or another shirt.woot staffer) confirm what will happen with the print? Purple line, no line, kick line?

Hey guys, sorry for the mistake. The final shirt should use the exact same colors and art as the original design, only on a purple blank. The error should be in the sale image setup only. I apologize for the mistake and I'll see about getting it corrected.

EDIT: Should be fixed.

hb66809

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hb66809
VenusAD wrote:yeah, I lost my friggin' mind when I saw this sale.

Can we have purple always? Pleeeeease?

I agree!

I've been kicking myself for waiting too late to get Fresh Cake for a year...but now in PURPLE, it was worth the wait. Purple is my favorite color of all time.

Let Purple Reign!

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

Sad that the purple is going away.

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre
ellegee wrote:Sad that the purple is going away.

Yes, I had to get one last insurance backup copy of Fresh Cake.
It was fun though!

Narfcake

*sigh* ... and all the purples come to an end.

narfcak3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narfcak3

Yay, last wooter on Fresh Cake!

JenDupre

narfcak3 wrote:Yay, last wooter on Fresh Cake!

1st sucker and last wooter? Nicely done.
I hope the numbers are good.
8-)

Narfcake

narfcak3 wrote:Yay, last wooter on Fresh Cake!

You did buy the correct sizes, right?

neuropsychosocial

Congratulations to Narfcake for being first and last wooter on Fresh Cake remix! I know you really wanted to pull that off. Looking forward to a purple Fresh Cake family picture in a few years.

tgentry wrote:Hey guys, sorry for the mistake. The final shirt should use the exact same colors and art as the original design, only on a purple blank. The error should be in the sale image setup only. I apologize for the mistake and I'll see about getting it corrected.

EDIT: Should be fixed.

Thanks so much for responding so quickly and for getting the image updated before the sale ended! Muchly appreciated.

A final THANK YOU to everyone who was responsible for pulling this together: tgentry, JenDupre, the artists, and [I suspect] several other woot staffers of whom I'm not aware. This has been so much fun and the best part hasn't even happened yet: receiving my PURPLE shirts in a week or so!

JenDupre

Whoa...my brain is exploding here.
???

narfcak3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narfcak3
Narfcake wrote:You did buy the correct sizes, right?

If you mean the medium you should be and the medium for your GF ... but of course.

Narfcake

neuropsychosocial wrote:Congratulations to Narfcake for being first and last wooter on Fresh Cake remix! I know you really wanted to pull that off. Looking forward to a purple Fresh Cake family picture in a few years.

They need to offer Artichokey on the next round of eggplant/purple shirts.

Thanks so much for responding so quickly and for getting the image updated before the sale ended! Muchly appreciated.

Ditto. Thanks, Travis!

A final THANK YOU to everyone who was responsible for pulling this together: tgentry, JenDupre, the artists, and [I suspect] several other woot staffers of whom I'm not aware. This has been so much fun and the best part hasn't even happened yet: looking receiving my PURPLE shirts in a week or so!

You forgot to thank yourself for suggesting Fresh Cake in the onset.

And even though my wallet is cringing, thank you for bringing some excitement back to shirt.woot.

(Hugs Neuro!)

l6a6s6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages l6a6s6

This is the first time in almost a year that I buy anything off woot. I couldn't pass up a purple In Bloom! Great job on the purple decision!

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

I'm really hoping that all the purple love will lead to purple being added to the regular line up, or at least to more purple-palooza sales! I bought six!
Now, for the pleading, I'd love to see a teal and a nice burnt orange!

Narfcake

ellegee wrote:I'm really hoping that all the purple love will lead to purple being added to the regular line up, or at least to more purple-palooza sales! I bought six!

Regular, I'm doubting it, but a side sale every so often would be nice. Me ... I ended up ... with a dozen here?

Now, for the pleading, I'd love to see a teal and a nice burnt orange!

I think our best potential for another AA side sale is to pick a color that's offered in both 2001 and 2102 styles, and NOT offered in the 980 and 880.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
Narfcake wrote:I think our best potential for another AA side sale is to pick a color that's offered in both 2001 and 2102 styles, and NOT offered in the 980 and 880.

Well then looking at the color choices I guess I vote for turquoise and fuschia!

07/11/14

poohber307

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poohber307

I wanted to buy the fresh cake remix shirt as a gift and for myself but I didn't know it was only available that day. It makes me sad.

neuropsychosocial

Where are my shirts? Why have they not yet appeared in my closet? I ordered them one meeeeeeellion years ago and chose the teleportation shipping option. I wanted to call customer service to complain about this, but since your website doesn't provide such a number, I emailed service@woot.com ten seconds ago and they haven't responded yet. I hate your website AND your monkeys. I will never be doing business with woot again! I mean, unless you offer more shirts on purple or a Kelty item that I don't own or Binge on... well, Binge on anything, really.

Also, NO PUMPKIN COFFIN? WORST WOOT-OFF EVAR.

JenDupre

poohber307 wrote:I wanted to buy the fresh cake remix shirt as a gift and for myself but I didn't know it was only available that day. It makes me sad.

Not that you will feel any better, but it was a 5 day sale. And my smartposted Nyan shipped tonight, sadly my next-dayed little nudist not yet. One can hope.

stup922

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stup922
JenDupre wrote:Not that you will feel any better, but it was a 5 day sale. And my smartposted Nyan shipped tonight, sadly my next-dayed little nudist not yet. One can hope.

Thanks for letting me know that it was a 5 day sale. I just dont regularly check woot items on the computer so i didnt know of the sale. I just hope I will be able to buy the shirt later down the road.

Thanks again

poohber307

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poohber307
JenDupre wrote:Not that you will feel any better, but it was a 5 day sale. And my smartposted Nyan shipped tonight, sadly my next-dayed little nudist not yet. One can hope.

Thanks for letting me know that it was a 5 day sale. I just dont regularly check woot items on the computer so i didnt know of the sale. I just hope I will be able to buy the shirt later down the road.

Thanks again (sry woot was signed on to my bf account)

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
poohber307 wrote:Thanks for letting me know that it was a 5 day sale. I just dont regularly check woot items on the computer so i didnt know of the sale. I just hope I will be able to buy the shirt later down the road.

Thanks again (sry woot was signed on to my bf account)

That's why I always check woot. Even though I hadn't bought a shirt since they switched blanks, I always check. Keep checking frequently, because tgentry recently told us to "be patient" hinting that more awesomeness is on the way!

Narfcake

PURPLE!!!

(click to enlarge)

... and all on a nice familiar tag too.

Thanks, Woot!, and I'll follow up with the "I REALLY can't believe this" moment tomorrow ...

mirdir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mirdir

So was nyans dream supposed to have really ugly harsh diagonal lines or did I just get a bad shirt?