trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
mirdir wrote:So was nyans dream supposed to have really ugly harsh diagonal lines or did I just get a bad shirt?

Post a pic. Hard to tell w/o seeing it, but if it doesn't look like what Narfcake's pic, then it's probably a misprint. If that's the case, contact service@woot.com. They're awesome!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mirdir wrote:So was nyans dream supposed to have really ugly harsh diagonal lines or did I just get a bad shirt?

We're hoping you've already mailed in (support@woot.com), but let Member Services know to be on the lookout for your issue.

I'm just hanging out, really.

tman2088

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tman2088

Hey! I'm sending you a private message. If you have any other questions, feel free to email support@woot.com.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

My version of night moth arrived today.

I am woebegone.

Off center

Folded in half, compared to the original also folded in half.

Email sent off to support with a link to this thread.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Mavyn wrote:My version of night moth arrived today.

I am woebegone.

Off center

Folded in half, compared to the original also folded in half.

Email sent off to support with a link to this thread.

Urf, mine is probably in the mailbox right now, I hope it's symmetrical!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

trekmiss

inkycatz wrote:We're hoping you've already mailed in (support@woot.com), but let Member Services know to be on the lookout for your issue.

Hey, when did service@woot.com become support@woot.com? Or are they interchangeable? Or have I been doing it wrong all along???

Mavyn

bluetuba wrote:Urf, mine is probably in the mailbox right now, I hope it's symmetrical!

My moth is drunk. :/

trekmiss

I am woebegone.

Off center

Aside from the misprint part, the design looks awesome!

inkycatz

trekmiss wrote:Hey, when did service@woot.com become support@woot.com? Or are they interchangeable? Or have I been doing it wrong all along???

Recently. Way recently. Both should work for the moment but support is being phased in, and service is being phased out.

I am woebegone.

My day has a little more despair, but is balanced with the joy of knowing you've already mailed in, as you do.

trekmiss

inkycatz wrote:Recently. Way recently. Both should work for the moment but support is being phased in, and service is being phased out.

Noted. Thanks.

Mavyn

inkycatz wrote:My day has a little more despair, but is balanced with the joy of knowing you've already mailed in, as you do.

No despair needed. It's a really lovely design, and if it were MORE on angle, I could say it's flying...but it's JUST enough off that either I will look tipped, or those around me will feel wobbly looking at it.

Mavyn

inkycatz wrote:Recently. Way recently. Both should work for the moment but support is being phased in, and service is being phased out.

I should still get a confirmation of receipt from support, right? I emailed last night, no attachments, and still no reply this morning. Usually, the auto-response came through within 10-15 minutes...

inkycatz

Mavyn wrote:I should still get a confirmation of receipt from support, right? I emailed last night, no attachments, and still no reply this morning. Usually, the auto-response came through within 10-15 minutes...

Well yeah. Let us poke them with the pokey stick and see what can be found.

Mavyn

inkycatz wrote:Well yeah. Let us poke them with the pokey stick and see what can be found.

Merci, Mme EncreChat!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Mavyn wrote:My moth is drunk. :/

I'm sorry your moth didn't arrive as expected! :-(

FWIW, 4/5 of the shirts that came to me have printing "issues" of some sort, either bad registration leading to a blurry design, off center print, or both. I'm fairly picky in how the shirts come out, so it was a little disappointing to get my three Nightmoth remix shirts (two of which were deemed "good enough" and sent to a charity auction with half a dozen other designs, one I kept for myself) and have them not perfect. The one I kept is off center and has a slight registration issue.

My daughter's copy of "Playful Foxes" is off center by 2cm or so, but she's 10, absolutely loves it, and won't notice. The printing is clear and gorgeous.

My copy of "Totally Awesome Deer" is nearly perfect except for the clouds where the second coat after the under base is about 1mm off. Again, I don't think anyone else would ever comment or notice while I was wearing it, but I did when opening the package.

I was not planning on sending a message to service asking for a refund, because what I want most is perfectly printed items. Just posting here to let people know they are not alone with the printing woes.

Mavyn

inkycatz wrote:Well yeah. Let us poke them with the pokey stick and see what can be found.

That is a very good pokey stick. A replacement is on the way, thank you to all involved in making it happen and fingers crossed it is straight enough.

Artulo...I am sad to hear that. I have been reluctant to buy from the side sales because of all the errors reported, but for Night Moth it was a risk I was willing to take.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Y'all are making me kinda nervous to open my mail...

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Finally got a look at my Nightmoth tonight and it's fine as far as I can tell. Hooray.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

inkycatz

neuropsychosocial wrote:Y'all are making me kinda nervous to open my mail...

Do it, do it.

Mavyn wrote:That is a very good pokey stick. A replacement is on the way, thank you to all involved in making it happen and fingers crossed it is straight enough.

Artulo...I am sad to hear that. I have been reluctant to buy from the side sales because of all the errors reported, but for Night Moth it was a risk I was willing to take.

We've gotten well practiced at the right amount of pressure.

bluetuba wrote:Finally got a look at my Nightmoth tonight and it's fine as far as I can tell. Hooray.

Well, you've made my day a little better for that, too.

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

Ask Again Later arrived last night ... and is it just my eyes, or is it off-centered?

inkycatz

Narfcake wrote:Ask Again Later arrived last night ... and is it just my eyes, or is it off-centered?

It's entirely possible. (I'm sure you know to mail support@woot.com, but I feel like I should remind you anyway, and we've alerted them to the issue as well!)

neuropsychosocial

Narfcake wrote:Ask Again Later arrived last night ... and is it just my eyes, or is it off-centered?

It doesn't really look that off-center to me; the design is "centered" but rotated; there should be much more ink on the left of middle than right, I believe. I think the midline of the design should fall through the right tail of the triangle and just to the left of the kneeling person's torso, cutting off the arm/leg. If you fold your shirt in half, what's on each side?
ETA: Of course, I'm not looking at your shirt itself, and it's hard to tell from the image exactly what the design is supposed to look like (at least for me), so [insert large grain of salt here].

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
neuropsychosocial wrote:It doesn't really look that off-center to me; the design is "centered" but rotated; there should be much more ink on the left of middle than right, I believe. I think the midline of the design should fall through the right tail of the triangle and just to the left of the kneeling person's torso, cutting off the arm/leg. If you fold your shirt in half, what's on each side?

This is far off center from my perspective.

move along

jazzyrhythms

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jazzyrhythms

My Nyan cat is really striped too. Also, the bottom layer of the pillow (supposed to be purple) is kind of rainbow colored. I love the design and the shirt is great but just a bit disappointed that I paid $15 for this. Don't know if it's worth talking to customer service if they're all printed like this - and I am mostly happy. The design was just meant to be printed on gray.

My Shirt

That's right. One of the "Honest 200". Arggggg

trekmiss

Got my Nyan's Dream shirt yesterday and love it! It's a beautiful print, it's not crooked, and it's centered. I'm a happy camper! Waiting (im)patiently for Fresh Cake to arrive now.

Narfcake

jazzyrhythms wrote:My Nyan cat is really striped too. ...

My Shirt

I'm wearing mine right now (size ML), and I have to say that it's just the way the halftones were done by the artist. FWIW, it's not the only design of his to end up with such a look when up close.

lily1029

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lily1029

My Nyan's Cat seems just fine and I'm happy to have yet another item with this design that makes me smile so much. However, my Balance seems off center (and this just seems extra wrong give the name) and looks like someone slashed the top with a pen mark. It also is really sticky on the inside but I think this should wash out right?
All things aside I'm loving the purple and I hope for another color themed side sale. I looked at the colors Narf linked too and I vote for Mint!

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

Has anyone received their Fresh Cake Remix yet? Mine is still a few days out... *grumbles about shipping*

Narfcake

thumperchick wrote:Has anyone received their Fresh Cake Remix yet? Mine is still a few days out... *grumbles about shipping*

*sigh* ...

I couldn't help but to feel really disappointed ...

Doesn't look bad, but can you see the issue already? ...

Closer ...

Another closeup ...

Olive closeup for comparison ...

This was the same on all the men's shirts I bought from MM to MXL, which suggests to me that this affected the entire run.

I wouldn't be fretting at all if it came out somewhat off-center or crooked, since those issues are "one-off" and FC isn't a design that requires such anyways, but registration issues like this affects many to all copies.

I'm looking at a different shirt here right now, in which 4 of the colors dither from one to another; for the effect to follow through required precise registration, and it printed out perfectly, so I know that Woot could do better.

(FWIW, the WM for my GF came out fine.)

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
Narfcake wrote:*sigh* ...

I couldn't help but to feel really disappointed ...

This was the same on all the men's shirts I bought in from MM to MXL, which suggests to me that this affected the entire run.

That is disappointing. I wear a ML in AA, so now I'll be looking for the overlap. If and when it ever gets here.

Oh yeah, that's off.

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2

Well, on one positive note, the colors chosen for Fresh cake remix look really nice with the purple-where there isn't a registration problem.

Narfcake

thumperchick wrote:Oh yeah, that's off.

6.25" vs. 7.5" ... yeah, so my eyes were NOT playing tricks on me. Unlike my brain ... 3 + 3 + 2 = 8, not 7.

wanderbug2 wrote:Well, on one positive note, the colors chosen for Fresh cake remix look really nice with the purple-where there isn't a registration problem.

Yeah. I mean, the registration doesn't make them "unwearable", but seeing how I have been so looking forward to them, it is very disappointing.

For color comparisons, I posted some side-by-side here in this thread.

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2
Narfcake wrote:Yeah. I mean, the registration doesn't make them "unwearable", but seeing how I have been so looking forward to them, it is very disappointing.

For color comparisons, I posted some side-by-side here in this thread.

Yes, it is disappointing, especially on an iconic shirt like Fresh Cake. I was so happy to finally be able to order one. (I am going to have to go order MarilyMonroeCake to go with it,now, though.)

I'm still waiting on all of my purple shirts to arrive. I'm getting very anxious as it seems that there have been problems with all of the designs so far. I'm trying to stay positive but it's not easy. :/

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca
artulo wrote:I'm sorry your moth didn't arrive as expected! :-(

FWIW, 4/5 of the shirts that came to me have printing "issues" of some sort, either bad registration leading to a blurry design, off center print, or both. I'm fairly picky in how the shirts come out, so it was a little disappointing to get my three Nightmoth remix shirts (two of which were deemed "good enough" and sent to a charity auction with half a dozen other designs, one I kept for myself) and have them not perfect. The one I kept is off center and has a slight registration issue.

My daughter's copy of "Playful Foxes" is off center by 2cm or so, but she's 10, absolutely loves it, and won't notice. The printing is clear and gorgeous.

My copy of "Totally Awesome Deer" is nearly perfect except for the clouds where the second coat after the under base is about 1mm off. Again, I don't think anyone else would ever comment or notice while I was wearing it, but I did when opening the package.

I was not planning on sending a message to service asking for a refund, because what I want most is perfectly printed items. Just posting here to let people know they are not alone with the printing woes.

Well artulo and Narfcake were both right, I did notice registration issues on my copies of Fresh Cake and Totally Awesome Deer. I personally am planning on sending an email to support@woot.com because I expect they will be able to correct the issues, and the shirts are AA and I do not expect to see them at woot in the future.

For those interested here is the pictures I will be sending to them.http://imgur.com/a/BeGNd

Oh, and thanks for the term "registration" Narfcake. Makes describing the problem much clearer.

mirdir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mirdir
trekmiss wrote:Post a pic. Hard to tell w/o seeing it, but if it doesn't look like what Narfcake's pic, then it's probably a misprint. If that's the case, contact service@woot.com. They're awesome!

Here this is what I mean:

Narfcake

mirdir wrote:Here this is what I mean:

That's pretty much the way it does appear up close; it was the way the artist did the halftones.

From the derby entry, one can already see some of the line/halftone work ...

ETA: What size? If it's a women's size, I won't be surprised if it's a culprit of being scaled down ...

neuropsychosocial

wanderbug2 wrote:I'm still waiting on all of my purple shirts to arrive. I'm getting very anxious as it seems that there have been problems with all of the designs so far. I'm trying to stay positive but it's not easy. :/

Mine look fine, with a couple of minor problems that I don't even really consider particularly problematic. However, it appears that my judgment might be impaired, so here's some pictures so that others can use their own judgment:
Home Sweet Home

In Bloom

Balance

Intersellar Kitten Pizza Party

(continued in second post)

neuropsychosocial

(continued from part 1)
Nightlife

I think this might be slightly crooked.
Nyan's Dream

There is some problems with the registration; the stars are slightly blurry, like the screen slipped or maybe the underbase and ink aren't lined up properly?

Fresh Cake

In Harmony

I was surprised by just how "worn" the ink looks. I realize this is deliberate, but it was a bit more than I was expecting.

Ask Again Later

Is this off-center? I don't know; I can't tell.

mirdir

Blargh, It's the lines on the cat that bother me the most. I think because the lines are so stark white that they look like they were just slapped on. I love the artwork but I just hate how it translates on the shirt specifically the cat. I'm guessing it looked a lot better on grey.

mirdir

On the other hand playful foxes looks a lot better on eggplant than I thought it would!