Re: Chance Encounter

rsburke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsburke
Re: No Evil

The third one could also be "Do no evil."

midstarrynight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midstarrynight
Re: Minotauro YZ3

goldenthorn wrote:Awww damn, this is some seriously dreamy cyberpunky mistwraith original goodness. Hells yes!

Agreed!

Really nice art

midstarrynight

Re: little monster bed time

I like the idea, but it took me far too long to realize that the boy he was holding was a stuffed toy, and not a real human....

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: AHHHHHH A REAL MONSTER!!!

The dark ink will not print well enough to be seen.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Skyline

Amazing!! +1

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: He's Watching You (smaller placement)

Prisoner 0 has escaped!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: My big monster

You've been stretching out stylistically in the derbies lately. There were a couple in a recent derby that I liked and didn't even recognize as yours. Not that I don't like your vector mashup style but it's cool to see some more of your range.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
fishman396 wrote:The design appears to allude to the following famous work by M. C. Escher:

Now imagine a piece of paper with this image being mildly wrinkled and then stylized as the artist has done...voila!

I know the original... and it makes sense... I was just meaning that since the hands are BUILDING themselves instead of drawing themselves, the same idea wouldn't apply...

Not trying to knock the piece though... like I said, I dig it and voted for it.

Bozanimal

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Bozanimal
charlottesumxs wrote:I'd love this design on a darker tee. This one will show all the food I spill on myself...

Seconded; the the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on is kind of tough to see on light gray, since he's white.

Pink might work, but I'd suggest a darker gray (possibly cave-colored).

Boz

astrowolfd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrowolfd

I will cry if this doesn't make it... skills indeed!

Mavyn

Re: Don't trust them

No text allowed this derby.

Mavyn

seenlove wrote:And, I thought the shirt might look cool in cream or black that is why they are different.

Woot rules indicate one shirt color per entry, so you'd want to submit two entries, one with each color option.

Just trying to be helpful and share what has been cause for rejection over the years.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Candy Zombie

Yeah! I love the twizzler bone sticking out of the leg.

seenlove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seenlove
Mavyn wrote:Woot rules indicate one shirt color per entry, so you'd want to submit two entries, one with each color option.

Just trying to be helpful and share what has been cause for rejection over the years.

Thank you. Eventually I will get it right.

Mavyn

Re: The Monster Cookie

I like the design, but the changes in your signature to MONSTER size and the advertising in a slew of other threads...not so cool.

jkiernan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jkiernan
Re: The Goatsucker

I don't know why, but this one reminds me of Julia Roberts going poopy. Maybe it's the facial resemblance.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
ochopika wrote:I didn't think of this before, but I want to highlight what Spiritgreen said. It is important to convert your WHOLE image to halftones for your shirt comp. This is so that people are voting for the image as it will REALLY look on a shirt. Your design will look much smoother and shinier as gradients, but that's not how it really looks as a printed design. Woot may have rejected your designs because of that, also it's kind of "false advertising" if you think about it... not that you're trying to do that, just saying that making the whole thing half-toned is another way you can fend off the rejections.

Gotcha - that makes sense.

I see they rejected this one as "We can't print this", but didn't reject the other one.

I still didn't hear from them in email, but I can see where this one is harder. Hopefully I'll still get some explanation, but this is an improvement, at least :-)

In the future, I'll just paste the full halftone, shrunk down and send them a full-size version to show some of the things y'all demonstrated for me.

Even though it was ultimately rejected, this really helped me learn some of the more intricate details of design/printing, so I'll still count it as a win - because if you learn something you didn't know before, you're still better for it.

(Kind of like learning the hard way that having unique literary names, like "Mordor" is an auto-reject...)

Thank you again, all, for helping me out here!

midstarrynight

Re: The Gentle Gardener

This is so awesome!

jrunnerrunnerj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrunnerrunnerj
mjc613 wrote:The dark ink will not print well enough to be seen.

Wouldn't this be perfect for glowing ink?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Mavyn wrote:Prisoner 0 has escaped!

I hope he doesn't get through that crack!

Mavyn

fishbiscuit5 wrote:I hope he doesn't get through that crack!

If my comment seems random and out of place, google 'Atraxi' and 'Prisoner 0'. ;)

robotulism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robotulism
Re: Daydream

Well done, this one is beautiful! One of the best robot shirts I've seen on this site. Bring in the bots!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Umm I like the design dude but this is not a shirt color that WOOT offers and it's probably gonna get rejected. It's WWAAAAYYYY off from the royal blue on hand.

TheXBritish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheXBritish

It's always great to see new artists enter the fray. I absolutely love this design and style. I hope to see more of this kind of work in future derbies!

kcastle411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcastle411
Re: Scribble Monsters

Haha, I love it!

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Scribble Monsters

This is adorable

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: alf ending

I think the rejectionator is saying you're using a copyrighted/trademarked? character with no parody. Also, this is up for voting at Threadless right now and woot requires exclusive rights to the design, FYI. I think Threadless does, too.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Bully Bot 9000

That's some quality work you gots there! Welcome, Juan!

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
orabbit wrote:I always want to use words like charming and whimsical to describe your stuff. You're the next Jasneko. I'm glad this one is doing well!

That is quite a compliment! Thank you!

Mavyn

seenlove wrote:Thank you. Eventually I will get it right.

You're welcome. Have you reviewed the FAQ and the various helpful posts in the forum? You can also post your ideas in the pre-Derby thread, and people will comment or answer questions.

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

Thanks!

tonycenteno wrote:great!

{{volmod edit: NO ADVERTISING IN COMMENTS. If you wish to promote your derby entry or website, please use your signature for such content. To edit your signature, click on "your account," found under your username at the top right of every shirt.woot page.}}

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
jrunnerrunnerj wrote:Wouldn't this be perfect for glowing ink?

it would.... I'm hoping they make this glow in the dark.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Mavyn wrote:If my comment seems random and out of place, google 'Atraxi' and 'Prisoner 0'. ;)

It wasn't a random comment to me! ;)

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Mavyn wrote:No text allowed this derby.

Oh....I thought they meant text only. ok

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: What The?

Well crap, I was hoping the improved thumbnail would have had much more of an effect. I'm offended that at least 2 of the "face on a shirt" designs have way more votes than this.

FOOLS! ALL OF THEM!!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

albertoarni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages albertoarni
Re: I Want Your Heart

Like me on Facebook, hope you like it

Visit Woot

albertoarni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages albertoarni

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle

Very cute shirt and I love the level of detail you put into it! I also enjoyed watching the video of how you designed it! However, I agree with Mavyn - spamming every other fogged shirt thread with your own shirt is not cool at all.

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!