mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Skyline

I really like this design, but I much prefer the old version. The colors worked better together and I liked the monster slightly more. Still good though.

mrwednesday

Re: Grande Latte

Might want to work on a resub. No text this derby.

mrwednesday

Re: Space Trip with Friends

Really nice colors and composition. This looks really good.

mrwednesday

Re: Not On My Watch

I agree. This looks really nice. However, maybe it's just my monitor or the combination of colors, but I have absolutely no clue what the shirt color is. I'm as convinced that it's brown as I am that it's asphalt or slate. I've certainly seen woot confuse the shirt color in more cases more clear than this one.

mrwednesday

Re: My big monster

I think this is the only one of yours I've seen so far that transcends the generic "color splatter with some stuff in it" design, and goes further to use that composition to tell a coherent story. That alone makes it orders of magnitude more wearable.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: C.O.L.O.S.S.U.S.

Wow, this is amazing. Not only is it ultra cool but it's smart too.

Is this your biggest robot in a derby entry so far? He really has that incredible sense of scale to him and I just love the wear on him.

Just astounding, love!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

Re: A little suspicious

Nice job working the tired old "line of increasingly scared things" and cuteness into a monsters, robots, and aliens derby!

I'm sure you have a swirly shadowy red eyed dragon/wolf/reaper entry in the works too right?

Hot diggity!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art

This has the most energy and character of any of the designs so far this week. Awesomesauce.

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

bluetuba

Re: My big monster

I like alot of your creatures Kharma, and I agree that this one seems to be an evolution in the right direction. You've got a really neat environment effect, a cool monster, and a bit of a twist with the wagon guy and how that all works together.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Programmed Reality

decided to give it a few tweaks and resubmit...
hope you like it!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

childeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages childeh
Re: Chance Encounter

This is sooo awesome. Love it!

childeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages childeh
Re: The Goatsucker

Definitely a must have! love the artwork.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: A little suspicious

Good god, the tentacles look bad. And that's saying nothing about the overall design.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: C.O.L.O.S.S.U.S.

Love Goya. And this is pretty damn fantastic.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

saiun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saiun
Re: Mad factory

This is really cool. I love the colors and motion in it!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
blanked wrote:Psst- text.

D'oh! Thanks! That kind of week.

bluetuba

Re: Mind's Eye

See, now this is cute done well. Why don't you cute people vote for stuff like this instead of some of the crude formulaic chibi turds that float to the top here?

bluetuba

Re: Creature of Shadow and Flame

Hrmm I dunno, "We can't run this" usually means copyright issues but I don't see what that is? Unless it's the photos thing again.

bluetuba

Re: Fire & Ice

Hrmm I dunno, "We can't run this" usually means copyright issues but I don't see what that is? Unless it's the photos thing again.

bluetuba

Re: Beware a Mask on Halloween

I like this, but it might be too dark. That mask is awesome though and really sticks out.

wottwin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin
bluetuba wrote:Hrmm I dunno, "We can't run this" usually means copyright issues but I don't see what that is? Unless it's the photos thing again.

Maybe they just can't physically print the flame effects. I could see how they might be difficult to print.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 86 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Robots Playing Poker

No HAL, no sale... ;) just messing... cool idea.

morningsong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morningsong
Re: Midnight Snack

Every day when I get into my refrigerator I worry about the Giant Pacific Octopus arm that lays within, frozen. I wish my son would take it home with him instead of leaving it with me in my refrigerator.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Boy, this is neat! So much fun to figure out the perspective. A+

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Seriously?

This always happens to me at the movies...

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Dark and Stormy

I like monsters a lot so I made a sea-monster. Robots are also nice... maybe I'll make one of those later.

Hope yous guys like it!

justynadorsz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justynadorsz
Re: Ninja aliens attack an evil lair

This derby's topic is awesome. It was great to work on my piece
Hope you like it!

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
bluetuba wrote:Hrmm I dunno, "We can't run this" usually means copyright issues but I don't see what that is? Unless it's the photos thing again.

Yeah - this makes no sense - I've run the halftones, and they're not all that intricate!

lyonscc

lyonscc wrote:Yeah - this makes no sense - I've run the halftones, and they're not all that intricate!

(And there's not photos here)

lyonscc

Re: Creature of Shadow and Flame

I've written in and asked for an explanation, but shirt.woot rarely responds to emails. It would really be nice if they would respond, because there are zero copyright issues with these designs.

lyonscc

Re: Fire & Ice Resub

Resubbing this - there are no IP issues with this design or copyrighted characters.

And it's not a photo.

lyonscc

Re: Creature of Shadow and Flame Resub

Resubbing this one, as well.

It's not a photo. While my title references the Balrog of Moria, it doesn't resemble any artist's rendition of a balrog.

As far as halftones go, I've run sample halftones from the AI file, and they're incredibly straightforward. They wouldn't look muddy at all...

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Daydream

5 colors on Silver

Thanks for stopping by!

arienb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arienb
sunaness wrote:HAH I clicked on your link fully expecting it to be this, which I personally believe is what this is a part II of.

LOVE that shirt! It's one of my faves.

arienb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arienb
oakenspirit wrote:!!!! Its Morpheus meets Spirited away!

I thought Spirited Away too! This guy is way scarier than No Face, though.

bluetuba

Re: what the..??

This is alot cooler than I thought it would be. The thumbnail doesn't do it justice. I thought somebody just pasted a monster face on a black tee.

amroyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amroyo

Yes! I was waiting for your robot to hit the derby. Beautiful scene.

Zenverse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zenverse
Re: Daydream

Really love this design, and I don't believe I have a silver colored woot shirt yet, lol. GMV for sure and I hope you win!!

palitosci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palitosci
lyonscc wrote:Resubbing this - there are no IP issues with this design or copyrighted characters.

And it's not a photo.

A skull doesnt is a monster, robot or alien...

Woot should reject it.