+ Add a Comment

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Re: Frankguinstein

Ok.... need 2 more votes, hopefully 3, can't let an ass beat a cute penguin !! lol, Thanks ! Being outspoken for a quiet friend .

nancyzas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancyzas
Re: Daydream

Great drawing, Kevlar! Hope this one prints!!

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

finally a penguin that doesn't make me puke rainbows. nice job.

deborah11565

You guys rock.... and are the best !! Whoo hoo !

deborah11565

tomspc wrote:finally a penguin that doesn't make me puke rainbows. nice job.

lol.... where have you been ? I actually saw a woot disturbance without you !!

gregorschmid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregorschmid

cute²

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: He's Watching You

That monster in your closet you're so worried about? Yeah, him. He's watching you...

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
Spiritgreen wrote:The technical side of things is actually pretty straightforward. Woot won't have a problem printing a design if:

- The halftones use no more than 30 lines/dots per inch

- Your file resolution is 300dpi

- The halftones only ever involve two interlocking inks

If you try to have finer lines than that, or you have more than two ink colors sharing a halftone then it's not printable.

Lyonscc, I'd be happy to take a look if that's at all helpful. Message me, or post a busy portion of the image here without shrinking it.

Thanks! My base file is in Illustrator, so the file I give to them doesn't even have the halftone conversion done by me. I usually only convert a section of the design in halftones (for the shirt comp image), since the instructions say that Illustrator files should leave the gradients and let them do the halftone conversion.

Do you have Illustrator, if I just send you the AI file, or should I do the conversion on Photoshop and post/send it for/to you?

tomspc

deborah11565 wrote:lol.... where have you been ? I actually saw a woot disturbance without you !!

I can only explain so many time that selling a 1000 or less cute shirts is not as big as they think it is. Anyway I'll be here watching until these unicorn loving, rainbow crapping fanatics put Shirt Woot out of business.

deborah11565

If you like a penguin over a mouse vote...

flattopfrank

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flattopfrank
deborah11565 wrote:If you like a penguin over a mouse vote...

THANK YOU !!!!!!

gaelvin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gaelvin
Re: Aliens Playing Pool

I thought of this at the same time as Robots Playing Poker, but I think this one works better...

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee
Re: The Gentle Gardener

GMV cause it's completely adorable, but I don't think I'd buy without a little editing to the shape of the belly.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Monster Limbo Party

I love it!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: A Robot's Best Friend

Very nice concept!

sirend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirend
Re: Shy Pocket Monster

cute but:

http://www.spreadshirt.com/pocket-monster-t-shirts-C3376A9141527

sirend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirend
lyonscc wrote:I've written in and asked for an explanation, but shirt.woot rarely responds to emails. It would really be nice if they would respond, because there are zero copyright issues with these designs.

they really dont give a F about emails.. i tried contacting them before.. nobody ever responded.. non professional amateurs

douglasmartin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages douglasmartin
Re: Busted

Love it. Reminds me of this shirt I saw yesterday:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/ryanastle/works/9205788-bustin-makes-me-feel-good

Just to be clear, I'm not accusing you of stealing it. Far from it. They are clearly different takes on the same concept. It's just funny that I saw them so close together. Like the universe wants me to have one of these shirts.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
lyonscc wrote:Thanks! My base file is in Illustrator, so the file I give to them doesn't even have the halftone conversion done by me. I usually only convert a section of the design in halftones (for the shirt comp image), since the instructions say that Illustrator files should leave the gradients and let them do the halftone conversion.

Do you have Illustrator, if I just send you the AI file, or should I do the conversion on Photoshop and post/send it for/to you?

Happy to help!

Your main shirtcomp image should be halftoned. Woot wants your illustrator file without halftones so they can make their own, but they still ask everyone to convert the whole image to halftones for the shirtcomp, so all derby entries are free from gradients. (That might be one reason you've had some rejections)

It also ensures that the artwork can cleanly be turned into two ink, halftones. Not everything can be, of couse.

If you can process the whole thing into halftones now, then I'll gladly take a look at it!

deborah11565

douglasmartin wrote:Love it. Reminds me of this shirt I saw yesterday:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/ryanastle/works/9205788-bustin-makes-me-feel-good

Just to be clear, I'm not accusing you of stealing it. Far from it. They are clearly different takes on the same concept. It's just funny that I saw them so close together. Like the universe wants me to have one of these shirts.

7 times outa 10 you will find similar out here....it happens, general ideas remade !

deborah11565

deborah11565 wrote:7 times outa 10 you will find similar out here....it happens, general ideas remade !

Not saying it is a bad thing it is creative !

deborah11565

Re: Am I Evil ??

Is this too scary folks ?

margaretharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages margaretharmon

Oh... this is it !! Love it +1, more if I could.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 71 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Fixing Hands

I like this a lot but I am confused by how the wrinkled pattern is on both the background AND the hands...

helgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram

Click here for Detail!

Cthulhu Fhtagn! ...hopefully

emdotrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emdotrock
Re: Shy Pocket Monster

Yeah, so I am ready to order 2 of these. I can't think of a time this shirt should not be worn

lyonscc

Spiritgreen wrote:Happy to help!

Your main shirtcomp image should be halftoned. Woot wants your illustrator file without halftones so they can make their own, but they still ask everyone to convert the whole image to halftones for the shirtcomp, so all derby entries are free from gradients. (That might be one reason you've had some rejections)

It also ensures that the artwork can cleanly be turned into two ink, halftones. Not everything can be, of couse.

If you can process the whole thing into halftones now, then I'll gladly take a look at it!

Thank you so much!

I still have the full halftoned image of the "Creature of Shadoe and Flame" - I've uploaded a strip of it here:

I can send the whole thing to you if you can PM your email address to me...

Thanks!

lyonscc

Here's the above strip at ShirtComp size:

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: The Monster Cookie

Fantastic representation of the theme, Tony. It's a sweet idea and the great details add to the concept rather than obscuring it. +1

tomspc

Re: Am I Evil ??

deborah11565 wrote:Is this too scary folks ?

This is too evil scary for the derby. If it were a turtle on its back or something that's just scare your ass off with cuteness, I think it would be a hit.

tomspc

lyonscc wrote:I've written in and asked for an explanation, but shirt.woot rarely responds to emails. It would really be nice if they would respond, because there are zero copyright issues with these designs.

Poor guy, back for another beat down? I like your spirit. Stay in here and fight the the fight against cuteness. I like your designs.

shapelessclay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapelessclay

The best kind of best!!!

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Alien Road

Hehe, cool!

blhilger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blhilger
Re: On the Night of a Full Cookie

o_O This is so creepy.

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Re: Creature of Shadow and Flame Resub

I think this is very cool artistically and would want it very much if it weren't for the horns. Somehow putting devil horns on Aslan doesn't work for me. Of course, without the horns it wouldn't fit the derby. I do hope Woot gives you a clear explanation of why this was rejected the first time around. When you know why it was rejected, you can try to fix and re-sub - but if you can't figure out why they rejected it, you're stuck. It's really too bad.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Juicement Day

W.A., once again I am in love with one of your food designs

poundpuppy05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages poundpuppy05
Re: Aliens Playing Pool

Cool shirt but characters are instantly recognizable.

gaelvin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gaelvin
poundpuppy05 wrote:Cool shirt but characters are instantly recognizable.

Actually, that was my goal... I figured the joke would kinda get lost if you couldn't recognize them.

smoothvince

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smoothvince
Re: I...GOT...IT!

Escape is still one of my all time favorites (and I'm still looking for a Women Medium btw ;)
This is totally in that lineage.
As long as there'll be robots, my guess is patrickspens will keep coming up with great designs...

bargainbourne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bargainbourne
Re: Beware a Mask on Halloween

HOOOOLY CRAP, that's terrifying!!!

I voted for a bunch of shirts, but this is the only one that's an insta-buy!