WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Shirt.Woot Spotlight: Ramyb

We all knew this day was coming. Today we unleash a torrent of all things ramyb to complete your collection. They're all here: bunnies, turtles, coffee cups, and more! Dig in, ramy fans! 

Quality Posts

jrs1980

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jrs1980

I lol'ed.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

The Pikachu one looks awesome!

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

I hope his friend knows about this sale.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

Let me guess. Was this spotlight Adder's idea?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

O (ancient) Gods: the info for each shirt is so worth reading. Check out the "we call this color" for this shirt. The artist's bio for this one struck me as unintentionally close to reality.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

It's really nice to see several designs print for the first time.
Interlude was an entry to Derby 216: Household Chores.
How to Make an Electric Mouse was an entry to Derby 227: Sci-Fi Kawaii.
Double Helix was an entry to Derby 15: The Scientific Method.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Oh that brave little marshmellow! I had to buy two, one for me and my bro. He does love his smores and me, well I love fire dragons.

Narfcake

On a different note, I find the lack of penguins rather ... strange. Sure, there's Indubiously, but penguins are just as much of a staple as bunnies and turtles.

betagirl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages betagirl

Does anyone have experience that they could share with buying either of the hoodie styles?

I'm wondering how they fit (especially on a female).

Beta

Narfcake

betagirl wrote:Does anyone have experience that they could share with buying either of the hoodie styles?

It will depend on what size you normally wear and how you prefer it to fit.

Hoodies I buy in MM, whereas I normally get size ML shirts; they are about the same in width:

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I buy the same size hoodie as I buy in shirt. It makes the hoodie loose-fitting and comfortable, like I like. If you like a tighter fit, I'd go a size down.

(I used the super random event to test out hoodie sizes)

Anyway, it is as the ancients foretold, that there be a Week of RamyB, and on That Day, the skies over Iowa would open, lightning turning early morning to day, thunder rumbling across the plains.

And there was to be much weeping and gnashing of teeth. Because of all the money spent.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

What? No penguins? How can it be a Ramy event without any penguins? Or is this because he's already got a penguin shirt in the Reckoning?

Edit: I see Narf and I are on the same page.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie

Wait, how is this any different than the dailies or the reckoning or the other side sales?

Isn't this ramyb.woot.com???

Narfcake

newnie wrote:Wait, how is this any different than the dailies or the reckoning or the other side sales?

Isn't this ramyb.woot.com???

It was until his 190-week streak in the reckoning ended in #262.

drifblim

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drifblim
betagirl wrote:Does anyone have experience that they could share with buying either of the hoodie styles?

The zip-up hoodie fits a little closer than the pullover hoodie. I wore a WM in the old Woot shirts, and switched to a WS when they changed blanks (I don't like the fit of the new ones, but my sizing is definitely correct). My first pullover hoodie from Woot was an S and I found it a little small, it fits okay but rides up a bit, I had to keep tugging it down. It probably depends on how many layers you wear under it too, but I think it was mostly the waistband. The zip-up M is somewhere in between the pullover S and M in size, so I got that as my first zip-up and it fits well. I now buy pullover Ms too, they're a little big/baggy but I prefer that on hoodies to having to constantly pull them down.

racheling

quality posts: 2 Private Messages racheling

I've only gotten pullover hoodies, but I always get small. I'm a WM in old AA shirts. It fits well, but if I had longer arms I think the sleeves would be a bit short.

Actually, here's a picture. Excuse my weird expression, it's early. ;)

kelslee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kelslee

Does anybody else find it odd that the zip-up hoodies are more expensive than the pullovers?

Also, I wish they did more designs in pullovers, I just don't wear zip-up hoodies.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
kelslee wrote:Does anybody else find it odd that the zip-up hoodies are more expensive than the pullovers?

Also, I wish they did more designs in pullovers, I just don't wear zip-up hoodies.

I prefer pullovers, my wife zip-ups, and I can tell you that until last weeks zuper zip-up event, there seemed to be a lot more pullovers than zip-ups overall.

I imagine they're more expensive because of zippers. But it's just a guess. Also lining two pockets instead of one big pouch.

Also, that's why pullovers are so great. You could put a drink, a wallet, a phone, a kitten, gloves, a beanie, a baby, a beanie baby, WHATEVER in that pouch. It's great.

Unoriginal26

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Unoriginal26
kelslee wrote:I wish they did more designs in pullovers, I just don't wear zip-up hoodies.

Ditto, I want Morning Powerup in a pull over.....Oh well.

I've got nothing...

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

And it was the best-selling side sale ever...

echomae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echomae

Oh, alas. If only there were zip up hoodies that fit people who were more substantially endowed in the chest area. Yes, women. Yes, boobs.

ak1803

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ak1803

so what is "remix" about the grim optimism remix?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
ak1803 wrote:so what is "remix" about the grim optimism remix?

First print was on asphalt. This is on slate. As I recall, a lot of people complained that Death's cloak didn't show very well on the dark asphalt background.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ak1803

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ak1803
Mavyn wrote:First print was on asphalt. This is on slate. As I recall, a lot of people complained that Death's cloak didn't show very well on the dark asphalt background.

Oh, thanks for the info. I guess it does look lighter. I thought it looked fine on the asphalt, but it's still one of my favorites. i'll probably pick up a couple.

mommyb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mommyb

I would have bought some of these as totes for my daughters' teachers: Math... science... language arts... art...

hint...hint...

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

I would've like to have seen "When I Grow Up" here. Major disappointment. MAJOR.

redcab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redcab

YAY!!! Minor Modifications is back!!! I love this shirt!!!!

gman255

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gman255

It would have been really cool if the cell division hoodie was a zip up hoodie that divided the cell when it was unzipped.

philospud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philospud

YES! I have been waiting a long time to get a new "Grim Optimism" shirt.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
racheling wrote:

How did I miss this one being sold?? >_< *failure at collecting foxes*

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb
echomae wrote:Oh, alas. If only there were zip up hoodies that fit people who were more substantially endowed in the chest area. Yes, women. Yes, boobs.

Don't worry friend, it's not all bros in here. In fact I think the ratio in here is quite in the "Substantially Endowed" women's favor.

whereismyorange

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whereismyorange

HOW DOES RAMYB DO IT?

JUST TAKE MY MONEY.

harrylives7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages harrylives7

I, for one, am glad to see Two Fish back in print...my first Woot! *sigh* Brings back memories! and, penguins or no penguins, I still like these designs and am excited to get a crack at those derby entries never printed before now.

Narfcake

whereismyorange wrote:HOW DOES RAMYB DO IT?

JUST TAKE MY MONEY.

He will happily take even more of it at TeeTurtle.

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati

I have the cell division shirt. I dig the green and the design, but I'll tell you that nobody ever "gets it" when I wear it. They stare, shrug, and when I explain what it means
I seem to get that "you're a weirdo" face... which I'm good with ;-P

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

I've been hoping for another READ shirt since I spilled bleach on the one I owned. In for 2!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

nderouch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nderouch

Going to by a pullover hoodie.

I normally get large shirts.

Should I just get a Large Hoodie?

silberm34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silberm34

So glad the Leonardo design is back on sale, albeit not a t-shirt. Accidentally ruined the last one with some bleach!

rstanatus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rstanatus

I'm disappointed for no Couldn't Care Less Bear tee reprint - I'll probably pick up a longsleeve, but print more of the tee's and I'm literally in for 3.