2%
2%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

Why don't I get it? Is it a double rainbow joke?

lonelypond

quality posts: 451 Private Messages lonelypond

the write up moves me...rainbows could be everyone's party. And this shirt could start that movement. Although, a shirt with two different drinks/glasses might have made that point more emphatically ; )

outintospace

quality posts: 4 Private Messages outintospace

My wife said, "Is that two gay beers?"

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

Rainbow on a brown shirt. Awful.

hdao6899

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdao6899

This is so surreal.. shirt.woot making a great shirt that reminds me of one of my favorite breweries, Two Beers (https://www.facebook.com/TwoBeersBrewing)!! It's like that moment when you find out two really good friends of yours actually know each other and get along very well.

I am happy.

(This also might explain why there are so many hits from Washington since this company is located in Seattle).

ji11ian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ji11ian

If i buy a shirt for free shipping, does tha free shipping then carry over to the other sites?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Is that light beer? Light beer is for sissies, I like my beer dark and stout, like my soul!

Unless it's a pumpkin ale, those are tasty.. and I suppose I like wheat beers and maybe red ales too.

What was I saying? I'm thirsty now.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ji11ian wrote:If i buy a shirt for free shipping, does tha free shipping then carry over to the other sites?

No, you have to pay for shipping first to get shipping unlocked for the day.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams
outintospace wrote:My wife said, "Is that two gay beers?"

That's exactly what my lady said...looks like I will pass on this one. Can't see myself out and about donning beer with a rainbow - would probably only work if dragged to the gay bar...and I don't think I want this to 'work' at that establishment.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
orabbit wrote:Why don't I get it? Is it a double rainbow joke?

I think it's a reference to there being "a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow," though in this case it's a pint of gold.

zycki3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zycki3

I love the shirt, but as a lesbian I find the description to be quite offensive. Please don't make gay rights a joke. It's not funny that I cannot marry the woman that I love in a legal context.

roycee

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roycee
cleverett wrote:I think it's a reference to there being "a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow," though in this case it's a pint of gold.

Thanx, Cleverett. Makes sense.

davidsplace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davidsplace

I think I will buy 1. I am gay and I like beer. Whether that is the meaning behind it or not. I like it!

andypop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages andypop

Love love love. In for one, and I hope the quality is good. My last shirt was falling apart, and the one before that had a crooked print.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
outintospace wrote:My wife said, "Is that two gay beers?"

orabbit wrote:Why don't I get it? Is it a double rainbow joke?

NO NO NO YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG.
JEEZE. FINE.I'LL BE RIGHT BACK WITH A hauntING PICTURE!

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
andypop wrote:Love love love. In for one, and I hope the quality is good. My last shirt was falling apart, and the one before that had a crooked print.

If you report those issues to service@woot.com, they'll usually send you out a replacement immediately.

I don't know if they'll be able to help with your previous orders...if the shirt has been reckoned, they usually won't have a replacement to send you. Still, it doesn't hurt to contact them to see if there's anything they can do. Photos of the defective shirts help to move the process along, by the way.

CowboyDann

And maybe something about gay highfives. Maybe the rainbow is activated by high fives... i dunno,

Oh yeah, And

HoboJoe427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HoboJoe427

This shirt is awesome. I think I set a new personal record - under 20 seconds from seeing it to purchase.

zycki3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zycki3

Cowboy Dann:

I understand the shirt. I love the design, actually; beer and rainbows are two of my favorite things. My problem is with the shirt's write up: "We straight white men haven't asked for a lot lately. It's been give-give-give with us. So please, gay community, do us a solid and give us back rainbows. We'll let you marry or something -- promise."

I find it to be rather ignorant and condescending towards those whose relationships are not recognized in the political arena.

Karzon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Karzon

Obviously these are Frothy Mugs of Water.

CowboyDann

zycki3 wrote:Cowboy Dann:

I understand the shirt. I love the design, actually; beer and rainbows are two of my favorite things. My problem is with the shirt's write up: "We straight white men haven't asked for a lot lately. It's been give-give-give with us. So please, gay community, do us a solid and give us back rainbows. We'll let you marry or something -- promise."

I find it to be rather ignorant and condescending towards those whose relationships are not recognized in the political arena.

Sorry I realized i clicked the wrong person when I hit reply, Fixed it though, just not before you noticed I guess... Sorry for making you type out that long response.

I wasn't planning on commenting on your post but since you replied to me I'll just add this. I'm all for gay rights myself, and I think woot! writers were pointing out the ignorance of that very statement. That's just how I read it, as a ridiculous statement for comedic value. I don't think they're trying to undermine gay rights as much as point out how silly the opposition is.

That's all.

satexas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages satexas

It really doesn't matter what the shirt is SUPPOSED to depict, it's how it's going to be instantly viewed as consciously or subconsiously by 99% of the general public...

.. and that is a 2-same-sex "gay" shirt.

That's reality folks.

keysersozae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keysersozae
zycki3 wrote:Cowboy Dann:

Humor. Try it - you might like it.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
zycki3 wrote:I love the shirt, but as a lesbian I find the description to be quite offensive. Please don't make gay rights a joke. It's not funny that I cannot marry the woman that I love in a legal context.

Come on over to my state (NY) and tie the knot! I can be one of your witnesses!!

(I know, until DOMA is gone and it's legal everywhere it's a small consolation, but we fought very hard here in NY for this, and we are reveling in its wonderfulness!!!!)

akozicki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akozicki

I really thought this shirt was awesome basically because I love beer and high fives. Unfortunately, everyone at work thought I would be assumed gay, which I am not.

Anyway, I'm still boycotting shirts from woot since they raised the price, they're not made in USA, and they're not nearly as soft.

Thank you for your time, A.K.

publicart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages publicart

It's great that this is available in kids sizing!

tmunreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmunreal

So I just wanted to say that I agree with the basic sentiment of the write up for this shirt. I see that it is humerous and I understand that gay people have it rough, I have no problem with them. It is a little sad that it has become so synonymous that we have people deciding that someone must be gay because they are wearing a rainbow or something with the rainbow pattern, without getting to know them or even taking the time to ask them. This is also and mostly a failure of our society but things like this where a normally unassuming symbol takes on a whole different meaning because of an agenda(albeit a very good agenda) doesn't do much to help.

emilyb0902

quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902

I don't care what people think about me when I wear this shirt. It is full of so much awesome: beer, rainbows, AND high-fives! Thinking about getting the hoodie too.

jabascus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabascus

Wow....can the write up be any more offensive?

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

Yeah, I get what the description was *trying* to do...it just failed at it epically. Weird, because usually Woot write-ups are all win.

irishdevilwoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irishdevilwoman

Not to be all religious over here, but originally a rainbow was God's promise to Noah that he would never flood the earth again.
I love rainbows to just be beautiful and for little boys and girls to get them painted on their faces and not have any additional meaning attached to the picture other than kids love the beauty of them

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde

What's the problem? As a straight, white man, I'm gay for beer, too. Double rainbow pints...what does it MEAN???

k96da01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages k96da01

The write-up is hilarious. I sent it to all my gay friends. They'll think it's hilarious too.... because they're not overly sensitive.

sleepstevenson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepstevenson

How are the sizes running now from woot? I know a while back they were running pretty "small". ( I needed an XL) But last time I ordered one, it seemed like it was running more "true to size", and the XL was kinda big on me....

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

I would just like to clarify that my "light beer is for sissies" comment came before any gay ruckus bubbled up in here. I was in no way referring to that. In fact, the vast majority of light beer drinking sissies I have ever known are straight white dudes. :P

However, I think being offended at the write-up is ridiculous and as much as the gay rights battle is near to my heart it's not any less deserving of light mockery than anything else. So you offended parties are just going to have to wait in line to have a cow. I believe you're right behind the religious conservatives, please try to get along while you wait!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

rkilarski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkilarski
zycki3 wrote:I love the shirt, but as a lesbian I find the description to be quite offensive. Please don't make gay rights a joke. It's not funny that I cannot marry the woman that I love in a legal context.

I agree. Especially that "-or something" crack. Not funny. You can have rainbows back when we can marry the person we love. Period.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Brown? Why would this not be on green, so it can be a (better) St.Pat's shirt? Even straights would wear it then!

RayKremer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RayKremer

I agree with the write up more or less. I mean it's not a big thing, I think there are plenty of rainbows out there where people don't necessarily automatically think "gay pride symbol", although it is pretty strange when I hear someone say "it's a gay message because rainbow" and I'm thinking "What? No, it's just a rainbow."

But yeah, to be the first one to come out and say that it's unfortunate that you can't have a funny rainbow shirt without people thinking it's a gay thing, heck no. I know the crapstorm that kind of thing brings down and it's not worth it. You're a braver man than I, Woot.

I mean, it's totally fine for the gay pride folks to use the rainbow colors as their thing, no problem with that. Just, people out there, have an appreciation for context. Even the Swastika was a preexisting symbol, it's just that people stopped using it for other things after WWII (I'm not equating gays with the WWII bad guys, geez, it's an analogy). People still use rainbows for other things because they are pretty and because it's not even a manmade creation, it's the bloody natural light spectrum for pity's sake.

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

The writeup is so true. Rainbows are awesome! Light defused through water particles suspended in the air, it's SCIENCE! I can't even wear my illiterate rainbow shirt without people immediately thinking "gay". Why can't a white man celebrate reading rainbow without people thinking he's making a political statement? This shirt isn't for me though. Beer is yucky. Honestly.