5%
5%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

Anyone else think this shirt was about... something else? Especially with the buzzing write up?

goldenlegend

quality posts: 5 Private Messages goldenlegend

I don't want to be "that nerd" but...Luke's lightsaber is suppose to be green. It was blue in the first two movies because it was his father's lightsaber. Luke had to rebuild it once Vader slice that meat and he lost his stick. DORK!

canuk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages canuk

MicroUSB or Proprietary? I wonder if Darth's has a "lightning" connector?

stardustmage

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardustmage
goldenlegend wrote:I don't want to be "that nerd" but...Luke's lightsaber is suppose to be green. It was blue in the first two movies because it was his father's lightsaber. Luke had to rebuild it once Vader slice that meat and he lost his stick. DORK!

Continuing the nerdiness, Mara Jade ended up with Luke's father's sabre

SaturnNyne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaturnNyne
goldenlegend wrote:I don't want to be "that nerd" but...Luke's lightsaber is suppose to be green. It was blue in the first two movies because it was his father's lightsaber. Luke had to rebuild it once Vader slice that meat and he lost his stick. DORK!

I don't want to be "that nerd" who corrects other nerds when they're nitpicking nerdery but... the black ring near the butt makes this saber closer in overall appearance to Obi-Wan's blue saber than to Luke's green saber.

Draithy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Draithy

For those debating the saber handles...

cedaroo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cedaroo

Fun design and my kids are huge Star Wars fans! Too bad the school district bans even depictions of weapons on clothing.

Hmm.... I wonder if they'd believe that they're sonic screwdrivers...

jacobrd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jacobrd
Draithy wrote:For those debating the saber handles...

I thought Mace Windu's saber was purple (The Clone Wars)?

dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25

Hey Wooters!

Just want to say a big THANK YOU to Woot for hosting another of my designs and to all of you who have supported me by purchasing my "art". I know this design isn't 100% perfect from a nerd-accurate perspective, but the sabers are of course Obi Wan's and Vader's. I have to make artistic decisions when designing for silk screen tees, so please be forgiving of any slight color deviations. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy this design as much as I did creating it.

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

Iluivatar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iluivatar

After dbenton25's comment I'm gonna feel bad making another criticism (I don't know if you can use that word that way), so I would like to say it's just a joke.

Anyway...didn't they come out with the wireless charging pads yet?

chadwsmith

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chadwsmith

The shirt definitely shows the Episode 4 (A New Hope) lightsabers of Darth Vader & Obi Wan. And the Battery signals match the colors properly.

And, yes, Jacob, Mace Windu's saber was Purple.

Read my blog or, you know, don't. It's up to you.

dbenton25

Iluivatar wrote:Anyway...didn't they come out with the wireless charging pads yet?

I'm afraid George Lucas just didn't have that kind of retro/futuristic foresight.

chris1999

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chris1999

clearly not an apple charger

dbenton25

chadwsmith wrote:The shirt definitely shows the Episode 4 (A New Hope) lightsabers of Darth Vader & Obi Wan. And the Battery signals match the colors properly.

Thank you sir. The nerd-fu is strong with you.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

I love the blue light/rebel symbol and red light/empire symbol on the chargers and battery level indicators. HAH.

I'll always be a SW nerd fan but part of me also considers how this may relate to the whole red pill blue pill decision dilemma... Here's my brain path going off on a tangent. Red light blue light, red pill blue pill...oh red fish blue fish :D

dbenton25

chris1999 wrote:clearly not an apple charger

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... Steve Jobs was just a twinkle in Darth Vader's eye.

mrsemi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsemi
dbenton25 wrote:Hey Wooters!

Just want to say a big THANK YOU to Woot for hosting another of my designs and to all of you who have supported me by purchasing my "art". I know this design isn't 100% perfect from a nerd-accurate perspective, but the sabers are of course Obi Wan's and Vader's. I have to make artistic decisions when designing for silk screen tees, so please be forgiving of any slight color deviations. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy this design as much as I did creating it.

This is my first woot shirt post and my first comment on the woot forums (I think)

The shirt is awesome, I'd have left the factional symbols off as no true sith or jedi wants a republic of imperial symbol on their shirt but otherwise, great job. Killer shirt.

dbenton25

mrsemi wrote:This is my first woot shirt post and my first comment on the woot forums (I think)

The shirt is awesome, I'd have left the factional symbols off as no true sith or jedi wants a republic of imperial symbol on their shirt but otherwise, great job. Killer shirt.

Thank you! It's an honor to have popped your proverbial Woot-comment-cherry. Glad you like the shirt!

eqquantumcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eqquantumcat

Since these shirts contain a " diatium-ion battery" will the USPS ship them overseas or to a APO box?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

What's a "lightsaber" and why does it need to be plugged in?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

greenleaf44

quality posts: 8 Private Messages greenleaf44

This shirt makes me wonder...do you suppose electrical outlets are the same galaxy-wide, or do they have to take an adapter when traveling to, say, Dantooine?

dbenton25

neuropsychosocial wrote:What's a "lightsaber" and why does it need to be plugged in?

!Spoiler Alert! I am making a light-hearted social commentary by visually comparing lightsabers to modern day mobile phones. It's absurd to think that Darth Vader and Obi Wan might have had to take a break from battle in order to recharge their weapons.
Lightsabers (from the immensely popular Star Wars franchise) don't actually need to be plugged in. Much like that rock you've been living under. I kid, I kid.

powelljennifer9524

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powelljennifer9524

No offence but I don't watch Star Wars, and I thought they were hair curlers!!

stardustmage

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardustmage

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber

For anyone interested in learning more about lightsabers

DigitalFoobar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DigitalFoobar

So that's where the force comes from! I wonder what their force-utility bills are like each month.

bargainbourne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bargainbourne
cedaroo wrote:Fun design and my kids are huge Star Wars fans! Too bad the school district bans even depictions of weapons on clothing.

Hmm.... I wonder if they'd believe that they're sonic screwdrivers...

To be honest, I actually thought Luke's light saber was a sonic screwdriver and that this was a Darth Vader vs Doctor Who shirt, especially given the "BzzzzzzWhooWhooWhoo" in the writeup.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
powelljennifer9524 wrote:No offence but I don't watch Star Wars, and I thought they were hair curlers!!

Are you the ghost of Freddie Mercury?

I suppose Jaws was never your scene, either?

move along

Mostafa84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mostafa84

Someone should tell them to turn off their wifi, or dial down the brightness of the plasma beam so the battery will last longer... You'd think a Jedi Knight or Sith Lord would know this...
Seriously though, very nice In for 1

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
bargainbourne wrote:To be honest, I actually thought Luke's light saber was a sonic screwdriver and that this was a Darth Vader vs Doctor Who shirt, especially given the "BzzzzzzWhooWhooWhoo" in the writeup.

You're not the only one. Stupid me thought it was a sonic screwdriver & a curling iron, and I was this close to breaking down and buying a shirt.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

kinderdm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kinderdm
dbenton25 wrote:Hey Wooters!

I cant say I would want this as a shirt but I do love the image and design. Nicely done. I will have to look around and see if I can locate your other "art" as you put it.

supernaturlbeing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supernaturlbeing

The best part is, for those of us that build lightsabers, this is exactly what it looks like when we have to charge them lol

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

I am not a Star Wars fan but the gamer in me is laughing hysterically and sympathizing at the same time.

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

eqquantumcat wrote:Since these shirts contain a " diatium-ion battery" will the USPS ship them overseas or to a APO box?

Shhhhh, the USPS hasn't caught on to that battery yet.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

There's a certain sense it makes for dark and light side light sabers to have their own charging cable. I wonder if one uses AC and one uses DC as well.

DC obviously stands for "Darth Current."

gooseygoose

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gooseygoose
thumperchick wrote:Anyone else think this shirt was about... something else? Especially with the buzzing write up?

My first thought when I saw the shirt was 'I thought those ran on batteries, how inconvenient to have a plug in'

kerrykazan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kerrykazan

Great Shirt! In for 1

dbenton25

kinderdm wrote:I cant say I would want this as a shirt but I do love the image and design. Nicely done. I will have to look around and see if I can locate your other "art" as you put it.

Some good places to start:
My Redbubble store: droidloot.com
My Welovefine store: welovefine.com/175-droidloot
Like me on Facebook, I have give-aways frequently. facebook.com/droidloot

Thank you for your interest!

powelljennifer9524

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powelljennifer9524
j5 wrote:Are you the ghost of Freddie Mercury?

I suppose Jaws was never your scene, either?

Nope, never seen it.

blzben

quality posts: 4 Private Messages blzben

Recharging your lightsaber next to your electric shaver, could lead to a nasty, early morning mistake.