WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We've all got to chip in where we can to keep our home nice. You know, wash the dishes, do the laundry, take a bath, sweep the floor once a month…you know, basic stuff. And when you expand the concept of "our home" to this beautiful little blue marble we're all clinging to, that includes stuff like recycling. That's why we're taking a cue from our pals at "Keep America Beautiful" to celebrate America Recycles Day! Give us your best recycling-inspired designs, be they celebrations of re-using or inspirational messages to encourage people to recycle.

• Your design must incorporate the "chasing arrows" recycling symbol.
  • No text.
  • No existing characters from other works.

Winners will be chosen as usual, with the added bonus prize of a gift bag courtesy of our pals at Keep America Beautiful!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

penguin with recycling symbol on his chest. done.

amirea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amirea

"...or inspirational messages to encourage people to recycle.
No Text."

-.-

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
amirea wrote:"...or inspirational messages to encourage people to recycle.
No Text."

-.-

A picture is worth a thousand words?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

No existing characters from other works.

What will they do, come up with something original? YIKES!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
tomspc wrote:No existing characters from other works.

What will they do, come up with something original? YIKES!

See No1's comment above.

move along

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Cute turtle recycling cute penguins for something. Win.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
kylemittskus wrote:Cute turtle recycling cute penguins for cute rabbits. Win.

FTFY

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury

I predict that more than one endless Escher staircase will be putting in an appearance.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30

I hope this isn't the beginning of some Woot hippy movement.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
Mavyn wrote:A picture is worth a thousand words?

Preposterous! ;)

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower

Did I miss Hallowoot? Is that still a thing?

influenza54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages influenza54

turtles recycling those plastic six pack can holders . . . or something, maybe wearing them as necklaces

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

Green shirt overload inbound...

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde

Someone please submit an electric chair with the arrows painted on the back, or a guillotine with a recycle bin catch basket...I want Halloween, dang it!!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
kylemittskus wrote:Cute turtle recycling cute penguins for something. Win.

Cute penguin "recycling" cute turtles for rabbit food.*

Soylent Green is made for leporids!

*The rabbits are cute, naturally.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Came here to post a snarky comment when I heard the theme, and I find I've already been beaten to the penguin, I mean PUNCH, numerous times.

I have a non-meme design in mind, but not sure if I can pull it off- there's this large chick called Sandy that might ruin my weekend...

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Seeing the penguin, turtle, rabbit, cats...

SkekTek

oakenspirit wrote:Green shirt overload inbound...

Green and royal blue- our recycle cans here are blue with white print.

speedcheetah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedcheetah

Space Shuttle Repurpose...

initial sketch. thoughts? back in the derby after being away for over a year...

aerc712

speedcheetah wrote:Space Shuttle Repurpose...

I really like the idea! It's topical without forcing the issue, fits the theme well, and I really liked that you opted to have the gardeners wearing spacesuits. At first I was iffy on that detail, but after a moment, it clicked and it really helps complete the design.

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima

So the first thing I thought of was a line of recyclables dancing into a recycling can. This is only the beginning (just a can and some crumpled paper), but I wanted to show the general style and ask if the whole "Lets All Go To The Lobby" reference is over done. What do people think?

kseybert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kseybert

I love recycling! And I'm totally stumped! I think I'll just peruse online images to look at what to avoid doing and then hopefully will think of something unique!

And if I don't, I can always cheer the rest of you on! YAY for YOU! :-D

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
jessisima wrote:So the first thing I thought of was a line of recyclables dancing into a recycling can. This is only the beginning (just a can and some crumpled paper), but I wanted to show the general style and ask if the whole "Lets All Go To The Lobby" reference is over done. What do people think?

Not over done. Or at least, not over done well. Looking forward to the final product!

darktigerstripe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darktigerstripe

I'm prod to say I contributed to this idea. I don't have the talent to draw something up, but I do have a good idea now and then. Go get em Ace!

jessisima

orabbit wrote:Not over done. Or at least, not over done well. Looking forward to the final product!

Thanks!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

This makes me so so sad.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

My wife always thinks my ideas are too esoteric. But she loved this one. Am I 15 years too late for this reference? It's just a quick and dirty version, but this is the style it'll be in. It's called Recycling Is Where It's At.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc

This one is the brain-child of one of my children. Not the same one that came up with the Donner Party shirt, so the common denominator for their sick humor must be their mother... (whistles innocently)

SkekTek

Here's mine... hopefully it's funny without being too memey...

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 93 Private Messages Thirdbase9

An idea for anyone to use, it surpasses my artistic talents, although it may violate the character rule.

A Trashtest Dummy. A crashtest dummy, with the black and white symbols replaced with the Recycle arrows, sorting trash.

I don't know.

rpb318

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpb318
orabbit wrote:My wife always thinks my ideas are too esoteric. But she loved this one. Am I 15 years too late for this reference? It's just a quick and dirty version, but this is the style it'll be in. It's called Recycling Is Where It's At.

I don't normally post but had to pass along that this is fantastic! Love Beck

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

Here's what I'll be submitting, though I'm sure I can find a pun to cram into the title before tomorrow.

recycle your cups by Ape Lad, on Flickr

jessisima

Here is the new version of "Let's All Go to the Recycle Bin" - I don't think the name is catchy...but its all I got. Let me know what you think. I have time for a few more tweeks.

jayne5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayne5
mjc613 wrote:This makes me so so sad.

That was exactly my thought. What a sad commentary on our formerly wonderful space program.

But it is a great shirt.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

I actually recycled several of my Woot! shirts last week when I put a bunch of randoms I didn't want in the free pile at work.

lpcampbe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lpcampbe
lyonscc wrote:This one is the brain-child of one of my children. Not the same one that came up with the Donner Party shirt, so the common denominator for their sick humor must be their mother... (whistles innocently)

not sure how I feel about it... only because the child who came up with the idea of this shirt is going to be my husband... (what have I gotten myself into???? *rolls eyes*)

but in all seriousness, it is rather amusing.

midstarrynight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midstarrynight
jessisima wrote:Here is the new version of "Let's All Go to the Recycle Bin" - I don't think the name is catchy...but its all I got. Let me know what you think. I have time for a few more tweeks.

I like it! However the mouth on the coke bottle looks like it's coming out the side of her face...maybe move it slightly closer to the center? The moustache is an awesome touch on the plastic bottle

jessisima

midstarrynight wrote:I like it! However the mouth on the coke bottle looks like it's coming out the side of her face...maybe move it slightly closer to the center? The moustache is an awesome touch on the plastic bottle

Hmm, I see what you're saying. I'll take a look at it, but I think you'll find that it works better when the image is larger. I don't know why I put such a small version in the comments :/

aerc712

ApeLad wrote:Here's what I'll be submitting, though I'm sure I can find a pun to cram into the title before tomorrow.

recycle your cups by Ape Lad, on Flickr

Haha, I love it! You really nailed the caffeine jitters with the bin's expression.