speedcheetah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedcheetah
flemtone wrote:*flashes back to Heinlein's 'Farmer in the Sky'*

Great work!

Thanks flem! Appreciate the comment!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 76 Private Messages oakenspirit
lyonscc wrote:I missed that v2 got rejected.

Thanks to oakenspirit for the suggestion on differentiating it further to avoid rejection!

Looks cool!

If it prints I'll expect my cut... say 23 percent...

oakenspirit

raygunnoey wrote:I really like this on green! Then again, I didn't hate it at all on yellow.

Thanks! I tried to alter the colors enough that it had a similar glow on green. I prefer the yellow version but I know of many people who won't vote on yellow shirts.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Recycled Robot

Thanks for all the awesome comments everyone!

Vote!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:Hey, Skek, you ought to make sure you send in your print files, just in case your power goes out, so they can still print it.

Thanks- done. New Jersey has been hit pretty hard though, so I prolly won't know what happens with this derby until it's all way over...

jeanburger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeanburger
linksdeity wrote:This is an awesome piece!! I love layout and the colors!
I really really love the dolphin and Earth :D

I love this design.

jeanburger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeanburger

He's so cute.

jeffreyd73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffreyd73
Re: Re-Circle Of Life

autotrophs fix the suns energy into the system

heterotrophs (herbivores, carnivores and omnivores)survive from the transfer of energy from the autotrophs by consuming them directly or indirectly

eventually the heterotrophs die and return nutrients needed to keep the cycle (circle) of energy (life) going

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

jasneko

Re: Happy Recycler

@aerc712 and neuropsych - well good on ya, obviously you are very responsible pet owners that you thoughts about the jagged edges!
Don't worry, this cat is an extra careful and reponsible cat, and holds the cans very very carefully!;)
However I will add the disclaimer - don't let your pets do this at home folks!

@nell - I did think about doing it on green, but I felt the blue worked well with the blue recycling bin. I suppose I could also submit it on green... hmmm.

@robertwood - the bubbles are background highlights, but if you like thinking of it as an underwater scene, that's fine by me!

The can is being held at the very very tip/edge, as the cat is trying to be super careful about sharp edges;)

Vote!

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Recycling Season

That's right, time to recycle again! Hope you like the design this week. Thanks for checking it out.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Recyclezilla!

This is a solid design. I hate that it has such low votes.

move along

redsatchmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redsatchmo
midstarrynight wrote:Maybe if you just kept it with just the one color of the line design. I'm getting lost with the blue half-tone in the center of it, and I think it makes it difficult to see your main idea.

Still, it's really neat, and I love the effort you put into it!

Thanks a ton for the feedback! I agree it does seem a little busy doesn't it? This is definitely a design I'll try and rework sometime and hopefully submit again. Thanks for the comment!

redsatchmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redsatchmo
kpbrnemtp wrote:I respectfully disagree! I love the detail and the line art, and I think the blue halftone brings in the blue and green of the Earth and the recycling theme perfectly.
My only suggestion would be perhaps to decrease the detail between the central Earth image and the outer "chasing arrows" and leave more negative space so the design reads easier from a distance.
I like "as is" though, and I'd buy it if it prints...esp if it ever makes it onto a tote...

I totally see what you're saying! Yah I think it would read better with the arrows being more noticeable especially. Thanks extensively for your feedback and your interest in seeing it printed! I will definitely rework this with all the feedback in mind.

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

Ooooooh this is really pretty and cheerful! I love it!

oakenspirit wrote:Thanks! If this gets printed it would be my first print! So thats winwin for both of us...

In truth, I made this with my daughter in mind. I wish woot printed on toddler sizes or onesies.

antastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antastic
j5 wrote:This is a solid design. I hate that it has such low votes.

People love them their cats and fancy art pieces! Thanks for comment!

antastic

This is great! Glad your using the arrows in 3D space and not doing a flat plane. Great work!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Earth needs a hero (v2)

Oh Yes, Yes, Yes.

Very well done! GMV +1

oakenspirit

autsey wrote:Ooooooh this is really pretty and cheerful! I love it!

Thanks so much! ;)

lumpthar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lumpthar
Re: I Recycle

Wait. Isn't this one just resubmitted with no changes?
Rejectionator needs to re-reject this one. Still no proper chasing arrows.

river0040

quality posts: 0 Private Messages river0040
Re: Please...

I am so sorry!! I am so embarassed and chagrined!!

I did not know we could not use photos. I wasn't trying to trick any one. I've just seen a number of entries since visiting the derby that used them. I'll never do it again.

I hope I can submit entries in the future. This is a lovely activity and I'd really like to participate again!

Sincerely,
River

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
river0040 wrote:I am so sorry!! I am so embarassed and chagrined!!

I did not know we could not use photos. I wasn't trying to trick any one. I've just seen a number of entries since visiting the derby that used them. I'll never do it again.

I hope I can submit entries in the future. This is a lovely activity and I'd really like to participate again!

Sincerely,
River

don't worry, all is forgotten by the time the next derby rolls around. you could even resub the same idear for this derby but with a redrawn bear.

river0040

quality posts: 0 Private Messages river0040
no1 wrote:don't worry, all is forgotten by the time the next derby rolls around. you could even resub the same idear for this derby but with a redrawn bear.

thanks so much, No1. I'm working open to close in my little country store, but if I can squeeze in an hour tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll resubmit.

speedcheetah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedcheetah
Re: Recyclezilla!

I not sure I understand this design. That being said, it's cool. I just don't get it. Hah

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
bigblued wrote:Thank goodness I'm no the only one! Or maybe we are both just strange.

I see it, too. And it's so bad. The shirt, the image, the whole bad thing is just bad.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909

Love your take on the theme, your colors and the placement of the design!

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

Wow, I love the colors on this! :D

antastic

speedcheetah wrote:I not sure I understand this design. That being said, it's cool. I just don't get it. Hah

Probably the reason why people haven't voted for it haha.

A brief explanation is the recycle arrows are monster who's lasers/beams turn things into recycle material or help those burden with waste.

jasneko

linksdeity wrote:Wow, I love the colors on this! :D

Ditto... very nice

Vote!

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Earth needs a hero (v2)

I agree, very well done and both color ways work great!

gertiestn

quality posts: 53 Private Messages gertiestn
Re: Abstract Recycling

This is just about perfect. I've seen nice designs in Woot shirts, rich colors, & interesting texture, but rarely have I found all three in one shirt. WTG!

dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29
purplefeather wrote:I like how the recycle arrows imply a goatee. Clever.

I'm glad you pointed that out, I missed it at first glance. Very cool, GMV!

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka
Re: The Earth needs a hero!

Adelas wrote:My son would love to have this shirt!!!! I think it could have been improved by being green colored - at first glance, I think people will mistake this for a Spiderman shirt. However, the idea and the execution of the trompe l'oeil [sp?] are great. If it doesn't make print this week, I hope you resub it some time!

Thank you Adelas!
And it's done!
Hope you like it!

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/67180/earth-needs-a-hero-v2

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
gertiestn wrote:This is just about perfect. I've seen nice designs in Woot shirts, rich colors, & interesting texture, but rarely have I found all three in one shirt. WTG!

Thanks so much! And thanks to everyone else for their nice comments. It's funny - I almost didn't submit this one. I didn't think it would do well. Thanks for proving me wrong!

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
Re: All In

Congrats FlattopFrank! I saw your design for sale on TeeFury today! Way to go!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: After the Party

Hey dragons, did you know that most of your food packaging is 100% recyclable?

Close-up:

See a big version here.

Happy Halloween everyone!
---Spiritgreen

bigblued

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigblued
kylemittskus wrote:I see it, too. And it's so bad. The shirt, the image, the whole bad thing is just bad.

I actually like the overall design, I find it very eye catching. And as a designer, I envy anyone who can make something look so freeform and organic. It's a shame about the arrows though.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
speedcheetah wrote:Are they under water? If so, how is the duck breathing?

He's not, because some jerk didn't cut up and recycle their 6 pack holder! *rage*

But seriously, this is a great design...I just don't know if I could wear it without breaking into tears everytime.