speedcheetah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedcheetah
tyerian wrote:I bet they use it for medical hemp.

there's always the possibility of growing anything... Might have to close the payload doors to create a greenhouse effect though...

speedcheetah

hamiltwan wrote:Would be better with a bicycle with wheels that are the recycling symbol. Just saying...

Maybe i'll draw that for you later. Thanks for the umm, er, "positive" feedback ;)

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
orabbit wrote:That lit up arrow really makes it.

Absolutely. That addition really helped complete an already good design. Nice job!

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: The Picker

the environmentally conscious zombie

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Re-Circle Of Life

Isn't this backwards?

aerc712

Re: A Good Cause

Mr. Crab needs to use his other claw to free everyone! ;)

Very well done. Great work you two!

aerc712

Re: recycled jitters

Love it!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Roshambo Recycling

Rock breaks down by paper, paper breaks down by scissors, and scissors breaks down by rock.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Recycled Earth

I really like this concept.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: He's a Hipster

very clever

mapinto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mapinto
omarfeliciano wrote:Isn't this backwards?

Appears that way to me too. The zebra eats the lion, the lion eats the grass, and the grass eats the zebra. Yikes!

aramillio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aramillio
Re: Assisting the Planet Badge

Caw Caw Rawr!

aerc712

samonosuke880 wrote:Not to mention that most recyclable items have the arrows on them somewhere, perhaps the maker of this can decided to put it on the front?

Very good point. If you look at many items, including cans, the recycling logo will be present somewhere to remind folks to recycle, and not just throw something in the trash.

Ramy, the design is very well done. I like that there is a simplicity, but it lets the few powerful details (like the expression on the can's 'face') stand out.

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
samonosuke880 wrote:Not to mention that most recyclable items have the arrows on them somewhere, perhaps the maker of this can decided to put it on the front?

I don't think it IS on the front - running up the side of the can there's a bit of a name/logo, which I think makes that the "front" as far as a maker's printing is concerned. So the arrows would be printed on the side (inasmuch as you can talk about the "side" of something circular), which just also happens to be the can's face.

When I lived in Israel in 1992, where recycling was completely unavailable, this is exactly how I felt every time I threw away a can.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Recycled in Velvet

This makes my eyes bleed.

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
aerc712 wrote:Absolutely. That addition really helped complete an already good design. Nice job!

Thanks!

speedcheetah

Re: Recover League

I like it. I wouldn't want to go up against them...

soloyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soloyo
Re: A Soothing Massage

AWESOME TONY

speedcheetah

Re: The City by Night

i love this idea. cool concept.

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka
Re: excluded waste

Hehehehe poor uranium!

speedcheetah

Re: A Soothing Massage

hizzah for recycling!

aerc712

jasneko wrote:Recycling can be delicious!

First thought - aww, good kitty, doing his part to recycle.

Second thought - ow, wouldn't the sharp edges of the can hurt? Silly, but that's what jumped into my mind.

dinthief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinthief
mapinto wrote:Appears that way to me too. The zebra eats the lion, the lion eats the grass, and the grass eats the zebra. Yikes!

It depends how you interpret it. If the arrows represent transfer of mass, it's correct. Grass goes into zebra; zebra goes into lion; lion goes into grass.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
Re: Re-Circle Of Life

Think of it this way. The zebra goes into the lion. The lion goes into the grass. The grass goes into the zebra.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
omarfeliciano wrote:Isn't this backwards?

I think that even if the arrows are in the right direction, this concept doesn't make sense. Either way you'd have the grass eating the lion or the zebra.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
orabbit wrote:This makes my eyes bleed.

That was kind of the intent. Not you, specifically. In our brainstorming, one of the questions came up "Could we recycle something from the 70's - something really gaudy?", and "Black Velvet Elvis" was the answer.

I actually don't expect it will do all that well, once the initial voting settles down, but you never know. I never thought bell-bottoms would come back, either.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Is the shirt color navy or asphalt? You have two different compositions posted which I think it against the rules.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jumpinjester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumpinjester
Re: For the future

This is awesome, I just wish it was the whole world

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Re: Happy Recycler

My dogs prefer removing objects from the recycle bin, but at least they do a great job of crushing plastic bottles!

I think this is absolutely adorable, but I had the same thought as aerc712. Okay, a similar thought: my first one was, "How dangerous to let a cat mouth a can with jagged edges! What an irresponsible owner!"

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Draike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Draike
odysseyroc wrote:I think that even if the arrows are in the right direction, this concept doesn't make sense. Either way you'd have the grass eating the lion or the zebra.

Grass eating the lion sort of makes sense? To quote The Lion King, "When we die, our bodies become the grass." It's a nicer way to phrase decomposition.

Twilightrealms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twilightrealms
odysseyroc wrote:I think that even if the arrows are in the right direction, this concept doesn't make sense. Either way you'd have the grass eating the lion or the zebra.

The Lion King, anyone?

Mufasa: Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.

Young Simba: But, Dad, don't we eat the antelope?

Mufasa: Yes, Simba, but let me explain. When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so we are all connnected in the great Circle of Life.

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde
bluetuba wrote:"No existing characters from other works."

I don't understand what Link has to do with recycling anyway other than trying to get votes from nintendo fanboys

The recycling emblem reminded the artist of the Triforce?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I don't think there are 2 comps shown. There is a tee mockup, and then a background with the design. That's done by a lot of artists, so long as only one tee mockup is shown and that matches what is in the thumbnail.

This is really nicely done!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka

oneshoeoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oneshoeoff
Mavyn wrote:I don't think there are 2 comps shown. There is a tee mockup, and then a background with the design. That's done by a lot of artists, so long as only one tee mockup is shown and that matches what is in the thumbnail.

This is really nicely done!

Yep, the shirt is on Navy. And, glad you like it Mavyn.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Draike wrote:Grass eating the lion sort of makes sense? To quote The Lion King, "When we die, our bodies become the grass." It's a nicer way to phrase decomposition.

I think this would make sense if this was 4 or 5 steps. But as 3 steps, I don't think it makes sense.

speedcheetah

Re: The Picker

Makes me want to re-watch the last few episodes of The Walking Dead!

speedcheetah

Re: Recycled Robot

Great. Robot.

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
Re: Recycled Robot

Adorable.

speedcheetah

Re: Second Nature

I really like this. Great waves!