margaretharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages margaretharmon
Re: All In

It appears that you have found something that both sides agree on, good job !!

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka
Re: The Earth needs a hero!

tomspc wrote:Awesome! GMV too

oakenspirit wrote:With our powers combined...!!!

Thank you so much!
:D

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity
Re: Sustaining Animalia

This is an awesome piece!! I love layout and the colors!
I really really love the dolphin and Earth :D

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit

What a refreshing drawing style!

raygunnoey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raygunnoey

Animals are a terrific reason to give a darn about the environment. My design! I hope it is enjoyable to a few of you.

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
oakenspirit wrote:What a refreshing drawing style!

I couldn't agree more !

mapinto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mapinto
deborah11565 wrote:Wow, very cool !

Thanks!

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

This is exactly the kind of art that Shirt.Woot needs more of!!

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
oakenspirit wrote:If this one gets rejected as well, and assuming you keep up your persistence, might I recommend making the emblem OUT of the recycling symbol instead of putting the symbol on top of the emblem... Since its already a triangle, you'd simply have to add legs...

Great idea! Thank you - I will prepare it as a backup plan :-)

deborah11565

linksdeity wrote:This is exactly the kind of art that Shirt.Woot needs more of!!

Jeez... can you please say this again ? So true !!

blhilger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blhilger
Re: The Message

I love this so much! It's adorable! :D

raygunnoey

linksdeity wrote:This is exactly the kind of art that Shirt.Woot needs more of!!

Thanks for your support, all! (and linksdeity, your signature is awesome, haha)

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
mrwednesday wrote:It is a cool design, but I feel like I'm missing something. Can't seem to figure out what the things on his head are or why they're there.

they're pretty much just things, and they're there because they're there.

raygunnoey

Re: Treecycle

Gorgeous! I love the brightness and the texture.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
mrwednesday wrote:It is on the right side.

No, it's on the left side of the shirt. Right side from the perspective of the viewer, left side from the perspective of the shirt.

I asked Narfcake this a while back, and he said he couldn't recall a shirt with a design element solely on the right side of the shirt. As I flip through old shirts, I observe that off-center designs are much more likely to be placed solely on the left side of the shirt, or (I'm not quite sure how to explain this) have their major design element on the left side and curve towards the right. I've never studied graphic design, although I've spent quite a few years studying how the brain processes visual images (well, mostly what happens when that process is interrupted), and I was curious about how visual art conceptualizes sidedness (or side dominance). As anyone who has googled Ramy knows, he's done some vision research, and I thought that he might have an interesting perspective on the tendency of graphic design to prefer right-sidedness-from-the-perspective-of-the-viewer because of the confluence of his academic background and artistic work.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

wottwin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin
neuropsychosocial wrote:Okay, I have to ask, and this is as good a place as any: when artists put swirly things down one side of a shirt, why is it always the left side? What has the right side done to banish the swirly?

I believe it has something to do with how the eye naturally reads from left to right (at least in this country). If the swirlies were on the other side your eye would stop once it hit the swirlies, rather than continuing down and going back to were it started. Keeps your eye traveling in a circular path and looking at the design.

raygunnoey

deborah11565

Ever notice how some blogs/articles can just bore the hell out of you ?

fuacka

raygunnoey wrote:This only has 4 votes??

Unexplainable

fuacka

Re: Endless Bounty

Great!
Misteryous and wonderful at the same time

oakenspirit

raygunnoey wrote:Gorgeous! I love the brightness and the texture.

/blush

Thanks so much! I went through several color versions until I finally bit the bullet and went yellow shirt. I am likely killing my votes but I think it makes it pop so much more than the other colors.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
neuropsychosocial wrote:No, it's on the left side of the shirt. Right side from the perspective of the viewer, left side from the perspective of the shirt.

I asked Narfcake this a while back, and he said he couldn't recall a shirt with a design element solely on the right side of the shirt. As I flip through old shirts, I observe that off-center designs are much more likely to be placed solely on the left side of the shirt, or (I'm not quite sure how to explain this) have their major design element on the left side and curve towards the right. I've never studied graphic design, although I've spent quite a few years studying how the brain processes visual images (well, mostly what happens when that process is interrupted), and I was curious about how visual art conceptualizes sidedness (or side dominance). As anyone who has googled Ramy knows, he's done some vision research, and I thought that he might have an interesting perspective on the tendency of graphic design to prefer right-sidedness-from-the-perspective-of-the-viewer because of the confluence of his academic background and artistic work.

Midge's "eats, shoots, and leaves" is a right sided graphic.

deborah11565

Love the message here.... aka FlattopFrank Foundation..... whoo who !

deborah11565

fuacka wrote:Unexplainable

Add dead eyes.... you will get 100's of fantasy votes !! roflol !!

fuacka

Re: what goes around, comes around

Love it!
saddens me how some great design get only a few votes

deborah11565

Bet on..... Flattop says 47 votes overall, I say 43 !! woop !

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
odysseyroc wrote:Midge's "eats, shoots, and leaves" is a right sided graphic.

Oooh, great memory, odysseyroc! Thanks for reminding of Midge's design; it's an awesome design, very powerful and compelling image on its own, with an excellent joke behind it. I'm embarrassed that I forgot about it. (In my defense, two days after the design printed, someone tried to kill me with a gun. There's a lot that I don't recall from May and June of last year, and I was pretty skittish around guns, even images of guns, for a long time. It's a great design and I'm glad to be reminded of it now that I can appreciate it without being short-circuited by unpleasant memories.)

I get a difference emotional feeling from Midge's design than I do from left-sided images, and I find it interesting that an image based off a word pun is placed off-center-right, which results in it being processed by visual cortexes that show an advantage to language-based visual processing. Very, very interesting...

Thank you again, Odyssey!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
wottwin wrote:I believe it has something to do with how the eye naturally reads from left to right (at least in this country). If the swirlies were on the other side your eye would stop once it hit the swirlies, rather than continuing down and going back to were it started. Keeps your eye traveling in a circular path and looking at the design.

But for the people looking at it the design is on the right.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Spiritgreen wrote:'Keep America Beautiful'.
---Spiritgreen

What happened to this entry?

bjmantis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjmantis
Re: I'm a Recycling Fan!

My fan does this to the dust in my room!

bjmantis

redsatchmo wrote:This detailed image took me hours to draw all the individual little shapes that make up the whole image. I'm still a beginner at this and I struggled trying to make a displayable image for this design that truly showed off the amount of detail and effort I put into it. (It also doesn't help when Photoshop crashes half way through!) Please, if you have any constructive criticism or advice, let me know!

I love this art! I just wish there were some way to make the lines stand out more against the black background.

wottwin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin
blanked wrote:But for the people looking at it the design is on the right.

True, but most shirts are designed for the lookers, not the wearer. Otherwise all designs would print upside-down for the wearer to enjoy.

bjmantis

Re: My Own Energy

I love this idea! Unfortunately I can't see the dark blue recycle rider.

gaelvin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gaelvin
speedcheetah wrote:I really like this. Great waves!

Thanks! I like the repurposed Space Shuttle

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: While Giants Mark Time

really like the mythic take on the recycling theme

lonelypond

Re: Cosmic Renewal

nice one

lonelypond

Re: Happy Recycler

I like how the cat looks so cheerful about recycling. Fun!

lonelypond

Re: Recycled Robot

makes me want to dance, wearing this on a t-shirt ; )

lonelypond

Re: It Still Works!

cute : )

oakenspirit

Re: Making Yarn

If you want... to repurpose my sweater... pull the string as I walk away- AS I WALK AWAY!!!