quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Flannel:
  • 55.4% - Sure, why not? 560
  • 18.7% - Pajamas only. 189
  • 14% - Maybe sheets. 141
  • 11.9% - No way no how. 120
1010 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati

I truly hate flannel sheets & PJ's. Just feels like cheap, nasty cotton and I don't get how that's sooooo warm. It's creepy, like bad polyester.

I'll wear a flannel shirt with something layered under it, but maybe that's something I need to discuss in counseling since I am well aware that the 90's are over. Hrm.....

lonelypond

quality posts: 434 Private Messages lonelypond

all of the above, except D, but argyle for socks

flannelman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flannelman

*ahem* "Why is Hell to the yes!!!" not an option?

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

Flannel

Everything!

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123
Sati wrote:I truly hate flannel sheets & PJ's. Just feels like cheap, nasty cotton and I don't get how that's sooooo warm. It's creepy, like bad polyester.

I'll wear a flannel shirt with something layered under it, but maybe that's something I need to discuss in counseling since I am well aware that the 90's are over. Hrm.....

Unfortunately it appears now that they are nearly done rewarming crappy 80s fashions, young people are moving on the grunge era and starting to wear flannel again. QUICK BUY STOCK IN DOC MARTEN!!!!

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Still outdated. This isn't the early 90's anymore. Kurt is dead.

But anything goes with pajamas.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I neither live in the mountains, nor drive a Subaru.
#perpetuating-cliched-stereotypes
:D

move along

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

If you live where it gets cold, then flannel is your friend.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

hipsters. 'nuff said.

j5

Josephus wrote:hipsters. 'nuff said.

and "gangstas"

move along

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

pitamuffin wrote:If you live where it gets cold, then flannel is your friend.

Damned straight! During Chicago winters, on those freezing, windy, slushy, dark, miserable days when I just don't give any damns about my fashion or style because WINTER, the torso uniform goes: silk teddy-->flannel shirt-->cashmere sweater/cardigan-->fleece zip-up or another cashmere cardigan/zip-up-->coat. Plus more layers as necessary.

Flannel is an integral part of my staying marginally warm and alive through the soul-draining hell-horror that is winter and people's "it's so uuugh 90s, lololol" can kiss my fabulously flannel-ed fanny. Especially if they're criticizing flannel shirts on a site from which they are buying and wearing niche novelty print t-shirts.

SO THERE. I TOLD YOU. YOU GOT TOLD.

... oh gods, winter is coming... *sob*

trenton21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trenton21
davemays123 wrote:Unfortunately it appears now that they are nearly done rewarming crappy 80s fashions, young people are moving on the grunge era and starting to wear flannel again. QUICK BUY STOCK IN DOC MARTEN!!!!

Most Dr. Martens are now made in China since 2003 and have terrible quality issues. They were a great shoe and I wore none other for the better part of 12 years but I would never wear a pair not made in the UK.

Back to the original topic.. Every bearded hiptser needs a flannel to complete the lumberjack look.

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

Two words: Al Borland

The man knew what he was doing.

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus

I only wear flannel underwear. Soft on my tushy but a Pazuzu to wash.

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

j5

goldenthorn wrote:
SO THERE. I TOLD YOU. YOU GOT TOLD.

You had me at Silk Teddy...
#heynow!

move along

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
goldenthorn wrote:Flannel is an integral part of my staying marginally warm and alive through the soul-draining hell-horror that is winter and people's "it's so uuugh 90s, lololol" can kiss my fabulously flannel-ed fanny.

Three words: fleece-lined flannel.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

neuropsychosocial wrote:Three words: fleece-lined flannel.

I just squealed in delight. Madame neuro, you have just possibly made my impending winter-miserable self a marginally less unhappy woman. I shall go try one on tomorrow! Thank you!

(Why, yes, I am going for the hipster-y red lumberjack print--why do you ask?)
((Further sidenote, woooow but LL Bean is really dedicated to keeping the mom-jean cut alive, eh? Yeeech. I think I'll cut the tag out of my shirt.))

j5 wrote:You had me at Silk Teddy...
#heynow!

electricemu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages electricemu

Wearing some right now. It is Seattle though.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
electricemu wrote:Wearing some right now. It is Seattle though.

Wearing flannel right now as Hurricane Sandy pummels us. Wind is scary, but still have power so that's good.

07/11/14

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

I'm a lumberjack and I'm O-K

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

deviseight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deviseight

My boyfriend is eternally cold. Flannel anything is good to keep him hiking with me all year round. Layers are everything!