oakenspirit

quality posts: 72 Private Messages oakenspirit

Here's one I am working on based off of Plato's Allegory of the Cave...

Thoughts?

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

WIP - "Argus Panoptes"

oakenspirit

lyonscc wrote:How about this?

This does play off of some of my loves... I'll give it that...

oakenspirit

qetza wrote:WIP - "Argus Panoptes"

SO CREEPY... and I love the "i'm watching you" schtick.

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2
rglee129 wrote:Small gods farther apart? Larger gods closer in? Thanks for your advice!

Um, just to muddy the waters(or cloud the issue?) even more... I like the large Zeus in the white cloud with the smaller Poseidon in the waves...together...

feloniousacronis

quality posts: 7 Private Messages feloniousacronis
rglee129 wrote:Small gods farther apart? Larger gods closer in? Thanks for your advice!

Farther apart looks better.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
rasabi wrote:Hooray. I've been reworking my Persephone design from the spring derby. This is a good excuse to finish I guess:
I've still got a little ways to go, but I'm open to opinions before I work on it a little later today...

Since the doggy is the guard of the darker bits should he be in the same color scheme as the skull instead of the girl?

poornate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poornate

I hope there are some history submissions... Pericles... Oh! Plague of Athens...

Allegory of the Cave would be a GREAT jump-off...

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
rglee129 wrote:
@TJ Sorry to hear our great minds thought alike. I have a feeling there will be other Zeus vs Poseidon tees, though... Thanks for the kind words and input.

Well, yours is certainly funnier/better drawn than mine ever would have been! I'll definitely be voting for this and buying it if it wins.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow

I'd go smaller, because in the large one Poseidon is close enough to Zeus to pull his trident out of the cloud and doesn't have to resort to throwing fish.

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
cdrewlow wrote:I'd go smaller, because in the large one Poseidon is close enough to Zeus to pull his trident out of the cloud and doesn't have to resort to throwing fish.

Hmmm. Good point about the trident. I didn't think about that.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
rglee129 wrote:@TJ Sorry to hear our great minds thought alike. I have a feeling there will be other Zeus vs Poseidon tees, though... Thanks for the kind words and input.

Funny.
I had a similar idea but with Zeus as "Mad Bomber" dropping bolts instead of bombs.

Robbie, if I may, try that on baby blue. The cream is...less than ideal.

move along

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
wirdou wrote:
Ochopika that design is great, I can't wait to see the rework!:D

I'm gonna do it! It will be done late today since I have to do a bunch of boring, real-life things first. Thank you for the feedback, everyone!

afnovice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afnovice
j5 wrote:Funny.
I had a similar idea but with Zeus as "Mad Bomber" dropping bolts instead of bombs.

Robbie, if I may, try that on baby blue. The cream is...less than ideal.

Baby blue would be good, as it would be both sky and sea. If it's too "blendy" with the waves, you could try gray?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I don't care which one. Either way...

F YES!!!!!!!!

I HATE the new blanks, but I'm in anyway. This shirt is AMAZING!!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit

This? Ancient Geeks. After thinking of it, I saw there used to be a Threadless shirt with the same title, but a much different concept. My cartooning might not be strong enough to really be appealing, but I think it's funny.

orabbit

oakenspirit wrote:Here's one I am working on based off of Plato's Allegory of the Cave...

Thoughts?

This is great, however I was clueless before looking into this reference. Might be too deep for the masses.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
orabbit wrote:This? Ancient Geeks. After thinking of it, I saw there used to be a Threadless shirt with the same title, but a much different concept. My cartooning might not be strong enough to really be appealing, but I think it's funny.

no opinion whether your cartooning is strong enuf, but converting people into animals usually doubles the vote count.

oakenspirit

orabbit wrote:This? Ancient Geeks. After thinking of it, I saw there used to be a Threadless shirt with the same title, but a much different concept. My cartooning might not be strong enough to really be appealing, but I think it's funny.

I love the premise... I do want something more from the art, though I like the almost farside look you have...

orabbit

OK, how about this? Ancient Geeks. Anything I can add to make the D&D more obvious?

no1

orabbit wrote:OK, how about this? Ancient Geeks. Anything I can add to make the D&D more obvious?

d20 die
miniature figurines
mabe turn the positions so the viewer can see a dungeon map

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Hey, just wondering who the guest editor is this week. Last week was Travis...is it Joel this week? ;^)

j5

Josephus wrote:Hey, just wondering who the guest editor is this week. Last week was Travis...is it Joel this week? ;^)

Barbara?

move along

raygunnoey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raygunnoey

My submission for this week's derby :> Athena emerging from Zeus' forehead! Weird, I know, but it's one of my favorite bits of Greek mythology.

orabbit

no1 wrote:d20 die
miniature figurines
mabe turn the positions so the viewer can see a dungeon map

Thanks for all your help no1. By the way, is it No-one or Number 1?

no1

orabbit wrote:Thanks for all your help no1. By the way, is it No-one or Number 1?

no one.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ

what is up with all the pandas this derby??? thought for sure we wouldn't have any stupid pandas penguins this time but i guess i was wrong no matter what the theme is you people can stick a cute animal into anything B^( how sad

no1

L3g3ndQ wrote:what is up with all the pandas this derby??? thought for sure we wouldn't have any stupid pandas penguins this time but i guess i was wrong no matter what the theme is you people can stick a cute animal into anything B^( how sad

what's up with all the whining this derby??? thought for sure we wouldn't have any stupid whining this time but i guess i was wrong no matter if there's only two pandas in a derby you people can whine about anything B^( how sad

genloe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genloe

I hope you win, because I will buy

jmf1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmf1081

Oh look, a derby about Greek cats.

j5

jmf1081 wrote:Oh look, a derby about Greek cats.

Greek cats

move along

lisabethjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lisabethjo

I might be the only one but I think this derby is pretty l a m e.

Weird, I had to space that word out as it kept changing it to "reform.". Why?

no1

lisabethjo wrote:I might be the only one but I think this derby is pretty l a m e.

Weird, I had to space that word out as it kept changing it to "reform.". Why?

woot "filters" words that are overused. it encourages posts that are thoughtful/insightful, e.g. providing reasoning and justification, rather than simpleminded insults. like your post.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
no1 wrote:woot "filters" words that are overused. it encourages posts that are thoughtful/insightful, e.g. providing reasoning and justification, rather than simpleminded insults. like your post.

Or at least more creative vocabularies.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

no1 wrote:woot "filters" words that are overused. it encourages posts that are thoughtful/insightful, e.g. providing reasoning and justification, rather than simpleminded insults. like your post.
Mavyn wrote:Or at least more creative vocabularies.

spittake

move along