karachay40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karachay40
Re: Falling Dreams

So pretty! But because of the dark color scheme, I think it looks like a fallen angel instead of Icarus. Although I do like the dark colors :D

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka
Re: ROCKIN' Hairstyle

Hope it returns to the fog, it's pretty cool!

myzsixpence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myzsixpence
Re: Underworld Blossom

I like the orange, personally. It adds some of her warmth to the cold of the underworld. And since she was gathering flowers when Hades abducted her, the flower speaks of her being newly arrived - as opposed to her later role as the rather more imposing Queen of the Underworld.

As for Cerberus being happy, why shouldn't he? He's Hades' loyal watchdog, and his master adores Persephone. Sure he feasts on the flesh of the living who try to sneak past him, but he's also got a history of a weakness for sweets and music. What such beast wouldn't be charmed by Persephone?

bandgurl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bandgurl

I a mythology buff, but I really enjoy how this looks as it is. It's very pretty, and simple, but at the same time holds a lot meaning. Very nice!

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
advocat3 wrote:This design is absolutely breathtaking. I will be incredibly disappointed if it keeps getting taken down. A great design is a great design no one cares about stupid rules when they get in the way of that.

Thanks a lot , i guess it won't be rejected again cause i redraw it ;-))

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka
qetza wrote:Great!

Thank you very much Qetza, I love your style!

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: I just wanted a hug

Love it.

lonelypond

quality posts: 405 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: The Unexpected Gift

Really like this; standout style

lonelypond

lonelypond

sirend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirend
Re: Mr. Greek J

that is seriously really great! my only concern is that it doesn't show the turntables. maybe thats why its not getting as many votes as it could

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
advocat3 wrote:This design is absolutely breathtaking. I will be incredibly disappointed if it keeps getting taken down. A great design is a great design no one cares about stupid rules when they get in the way of that.

A great design is a great design, but if you can't follow rules in a derby contest it's unfair to the contest.

I'm confused how this is different than the other three versions which were already rejected?

jalexan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jalexan
Hawkeyegirl wrote:I have a cat named Atlas, who frequently goes by Catlas. Therefore, a vote is required on that alone. However, I dig the shirt, good luck!

I also have a cat named Atlas, and need this shirt. Good luck! I hope it prints

komal31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages komal31
Re: Falling Dreams

When you fall in your dream and spaz out in your bed.

raketak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raketak

Rectangle is a projection canvas and kitty stand closer to the canvas, so it appears much larger on the rock behind ;-)

ohthatdeb wrote:Well, yes, I know THAT, and I get the whole cat/sabre-toothed tiger dealio... but the blank wall is the rock, so what does the white rectangle represent? And I assume those are the chains, so... are the chained people on the other side of the rectangle? Or have these two been released from their chains, and thus identified as philosophers, recognizing the true nature of the Forms...

OK, I'm way overthinking. This is just another cute interweb kitteh, right?

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
runnerfrog13 wrote:A great design is a great design, but if you can't follow rules in a derby contest it's unfair to the contest.

I'm confused how this is different than the other three versions which were already rejected?

it is different cause i redraw it, check comments there's a link to a post with details

rdamazio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdamazio
Re: Catlas

Do want!

kw531

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kw531
Re: Underworld Blossom {v2}

Let it be known that if this doesn't print it will be a tragedy.

shaelyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shaelyn
Re: Underworld Blossom

oh wow, this is beautiful.
I like the orange. I like the contrast, the warm orange against the cold blue. the orange provides a glow, the white just looks bleached out to me.
I hope this one gets printed!

Shabutie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shabutie

i was really looking for this one. once again i don´t like the new derby rules. i hope you will try your luck on the double take derby.

slashfoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slashfoo

I was really expecting this shirt to show up, none of the other derby shirts that I wanted actually made it, really sad that this one didn't make it through as I could see it becoming one of my favorites.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Mythology is Cool

Another awesome video and a very solid design Tony. Thanks for sharing these. I admire the extra level of detail you drop in throughout your designs, plus the fact you make it all happen in Illustrator.