Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
edgrrrzzmom wrote:I'm sorry to be so mean, but this is the worst illustration I've seen since I started participating in this contest. Look at the other entrants. I want a design that calls to me and knocks me out. I know you're going to say it's minimalist art, but all it says to me is, "I didn't pass art in kindergarten."

I think someone failed kindergarten manners.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

sanickers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanickers

As always, you are clever and cute, Parrotworks.

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Go get it!

Really nice , hope gets printed.

expo01

Re: Medusa

Great one Qetza!

expo01

Re: Mythology is Cool

Amazing man, really nice work, love the video!

abrndude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrndude

So you guys are saying you would wear this shirt? It is obviosly done in MS paint by someone who didnt care and just threw it together. Its not minimalist its just junk. You can call me mean all day but this is pathetic and not one of you defeending it would actually buy this shirt and wear it.

abrndude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrndude

Mavyn wrote:I think someone failed kindergarten manners.

so are you saying you would wear this crud? I dont think so, call me mean but this is not the sort of "art" that you should send in to woot, if you cant do better then dont try. Not everyone is a artist and some of us should just sit back and admire the real ones instead of submitting trash like this.

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
Re: Midas king 2047 3 colors version

I dunno. I sort of like it better on brown. I think brown goes better with the warmer colors.

edgrrrzzmom

abrndude wrote:so are you saying you would wear this crud? I dont think so, call me mean but this is not the sort of "art" that you should send in to woot, if you cant do better then dont try. Not everyone is a artist and some of us should just sit back and admire the real ones instead of submitting trash like this.

Thank you. For a self-doubting moment there I thought I was missing something. Should have more confidence in my own opinion. (Oh yes, and I don't believe any of the defenders would wear it either.)

edgrrrzzmom

kharmazero wrote:i don't see the ear you're talking about but i agree, the silhouette could be more popping. Perhaps the brown was not the best color tee option.

This is stunning and, for the reason mentioned on your other submission, I think brown is the perfect color. It welcomes the warm colors of the illustration.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
abrndude wrote:so are you saying you would wear this crud? I dont think so, call me mean but this is not the sort of "art" that you should send in to woot, if you cant do better then dont try. Not everyone is a artist and some of us should just sit back and admire the real ones instead of submitting trash like this.

I'm saying that being polite is far better than being mean.

I'm not an artist. I don't submit. When I make comments, I make them constructively, to help the artist comply with the rules. Attacking and being rude is unnecessary. Having an opinion is fine, but if it can't be expressed without being mean, there's no need to say anything. Woot derbies are not limited in the number of submissions, voters aren't limited in the times they can vote, so I'm hard pressed to see any harm.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Quite frankly, I think a little constructive criticism would go a lot further than just outright attacking submissions at "trash". So we should all try that instead of letting derby discussions dissolve into who can be the most mean.

abrndude, let's be helpful now that we've got your opinion clearly defined. What would you suggest to improve the design?

I'm just hanging out, really.

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
edgrrrzzmom wrote:I dunno. I sort of like it better on brown. I think brown goes better with the warmer colors.

this late entry was more for the fun and game , but thanks anyway

kharmazero

edgrrrzzmom wrote:This is stunning and, for the reason mentioned on your other submission, I think brown is the perfect color. It welcomes the warm colors of the illustration.

Thanks again

kharmazero

sjpersing wrote:Hi! Just want to say that your work is stunning. I think that this one is too much for a shirt, though. It would be a gorgeous poster.

Thanks a lot,much more difficult for me to do simple than intricate designs ,-))))

goliath72

quality posts: 2 Private Messages goliath72

love it wow!!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Myth of Sysphus

*shrug*

Every week has people submitting terrible paintbrush entries, I don't know what they are thinking with them unless it's just goofing off but it's certainly not worth getting angry about.

Plenty of other valid things around here to be angry about! :P

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: It's For You

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice.... shame on those cute little mice. Nice work my friend, best of luck.

ohthatdeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohthatdeb
Re: The Unexpected Gift

I love the contrast between the majestic, mysterious horse and these befuddled little guys just getting their bearings.

seenlove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seenlove
Mavyn wrote:I think someone failed kindergarten manners.

Thanks "Mavyn" Your constructive thoughts in previous weeks have allowed this idea to not be rejected, which did not happen before. Personally I would wear this design because it is a T-shirt and not fine dress for the ball. Thanks for being supportive.

seenlove

abrndude wrote:So you guys are saying you would wear this shirt? It is obviosly done in MS paint by someone who didnt care and just threw it together. Its not minimalist its just junk. You can call me mean all day but this is pathetic and not one of you defeending it would actually buy this shirt and wear it.

seenlove

seenlove wrote:

What does defeending mean? I drew this with AI. I am a potter. I would wear this shirt, not because it is mine but because it is simple. But that is my view of a T-SHIRT. I would wear a tie to a formal event, but perhaps you are a wearer of exquisite T-SHIRTS. I want people to wonder what they are looking at and then smile. I will continue to submit now that I know it really irritates you. Thanks for the motivation.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: gods of the sky

Thank you all!

seenlove

"ART" is quite subjective. I know this from years of studying art history, humanities, literature and visiting an extensive and lengthy list of US museums and European museums. My next submission will be extra trashy...just for you. You must be voting for Romney.

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
ohthatdeb wrote:I love the contrast between the majestic, mysterious horse and these befuddled little guys just getting their bearings.

thank you very much, i had toyed with the idea of just the horse and rope but thought the little guys added more to the story

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: It's For You

Thank you, friends! Y'all are the best.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Chasing Tail

Wow that thing is really flat and awkward looking. Without those dog heads it might look more like a seal.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
rglee129 wrote:Thanks for the awesome help in the pre-derby thread. J5 suggested switching from creme to light blue, and that ended up looking pretty good, so big thanks there, too!

Thank the gods. Creme is an abomination (in about 99% of cases). You did the right thing and it's balance the budgeting epic.

edit:

I also just went back and looked at the pre-derby thread and what I was thinking is that the big was too close and the small was too far away and that you should split the difference. It appears that's just what you did. Kudos.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Underworld Blossom {v2}

I really like this color scheme better. Also I really like the idea and the design. The one thing that bugs me a bit is that it has a slightly awkward look on the shirt like it isn't integrated as well as it could be. Anyway, that's a small thing. Excellent work. Either is deserving of a print.

charlottesumxs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs
bluetuba wrote:Wow that thing is really flat and awkward looking. Without those dog heads it might look more like a seal.

Why does it matter what it would look like *without* the dog heads? It's not like they're ever going to go missing.

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Re: The Sphinx

Love it, GMV

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
tehnoms wrote:I need this shirt.

me too

qetza

fuacka wrote:Amazing work!
Great colors and details

Thanks Fuacka!

annoyinggirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annoyinggirl

annoyinggirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annoyinggirl
kharmazero wrote:Thanks a lot,much more difficult for me to do simple than intricate designs ,-))))

Oh yes. This would make a wonderful poster. Consider it. As shirt, one would probably need to come a little too close to fully appreciate this beautiful design.

qetza

kharmazero wrote:Everytime i dive in her look i can feel i'm going to be transform in stone.Awesome coloring and lightening here

ha,ha! Thanks Kharmazero! I almost did something completely different with her eyes, but glad it didn't work out. I think the vivid colors help to.

qetza

ianleino wrote:Great details and amazing use of color!

Thanks ianleino! Really appreciate it!

qetza

expo01 wrote:Great one Qetza!

Thanks expo01!

ralphy42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralphy42

Must have! I love it!