svelbjorn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svelbjorn
Re: Falling Dreams

I'm buying this when it prints!

I'll get to it.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Gorgon's Gaze

I just want to say, this is spot on what a Greek woman looks like in profile.

move along

Beech Grove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Beech Grove
Re: Play-doh

Oh for pity sakes, doesn't anybody look at these before posting, a three year old can draw better than this, jeez, get rid of it

Beech Grove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Beech Grove
Re: Lies in the Shadows

the derby is getting to be a contest of preschooler pictures, don't you have any standards at all???

bigblued

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigblued
TobiasAmaranth wrote:There seems to be another fox related Greek tale. One about a fox that cannot be caught and a dog that always catches what he is after.

Spoilers: They're turned to stone and sent up to the stars.

Thank you for that. I don't recall that particular story being in any of the Greek mythology books we had growing up. It was a fun little learning experience looking it up.

jdcash18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdcash18
Thirdbase9 wrote:Needs a Tootsie Pop.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw it, too!

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
annoyinggirl wrote:Oh yes. This would make a wonderful poster. Consider it. As shirt, one would probably need to come a little too close to fully appreciate this beautiful design.

Thanks a lot, it will probably become a poster in 2 or 3 months if it is not printed as shirt

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
kyuriacity wrote:Yeah, I like the brown, perhaps just a brown or gold outline/glow around the silhouette?

thanks again,it is too late now to make a third version, but i'll keep this in mind if i ever rework or resubmit it somewhere.

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Myth of Sysphus

Actually, I find it quite refreshing. Does every entry need to be cut from the same cloth? I would be interested in seeing more genres in the derbies - fresh perspective is everything in art.

I'd wear this design on a different color tee(perhaps a forest green or dark brown), but I find pretty much ANY design that doesn't contain a cutesie turbunguin or itty-bitty kittie at least worth a second look. In doing so, I've discovered a LOT of artists on this site whose work doesn't 'place', but is interesting nonetheless.

This design is simple and, in being so, no explanation is required to the viewer.

ohthatdeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohthatdeb

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
buttchuckle wrote:Awkward how?

I know the idea is that she is a mishmash of creatures, but I like my imaginary constructs to look realistic, like they could exist. Having a fish tail squashed between legs isn't functional. If it extended out behind, it would make more sense and have a creature that could still walk.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

mistressofpez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistressofpez
Mavyn wrote:I know the idea is that she is a mishmash of creatures, but I like my imaginary constructs to look realistic, like they could exist. Having a fish tail squashed between legs isn't functional. If it extended out behind, it would make more sense and have a creature that could still walk.

Maybe it's not a tail.

Mavyn

mistressofpez wrote:Maybe it's not a tail.

Then it's even more awkward.

dragonsfire82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonsfire82

I like this. Nice job.

IMO, it might look better a little slimmer and off to the side instead of centered.

dragonsfire82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonsfire82

Wow... that messes with my mind.

It's quite twisted but I think I like it.

seakitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seakitty
Re: gods of the sky

Nice job, Chris! Really pretty (and I'd wear it, unlike tha cannibal shirt).

I see you've got a new one up at theonering.net, too... You're busy!

Mavyn

Re: Voting

I giggled.

Sadly, this derby has a 'no text' rule.

bigblued

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigblued
dragonsfire82 wrote:I like this. Nice job.

IMO, it might look better a little slimmer and off to the side instead of centered.

Good eye! It was originally planned for off to the side.

I played with different positions for the fox in relation to the grapes. I wanted more distance between the fox and the grapevine, to show how futile his efforts were, But it was also important that his nose be pointing to the grape cluster.

When the positioning finally felt "right" the whole design ended up almost exactly half the width of the template. So when I put it off to the side, it felt too big and off balance.

I tried different positions on the shirt, and it seemed to work really well with the grape cluster right at the breastbone.

Sometimes it doesn't matter what you planned, you gotta do what the art tells you it wants to do.

topbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topbob
Re: Battle of the GODS!

I WANT THIS SHIRT, TAKE MY MONEY

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka
paulitax wrote:Soooooo cute! Want one ^^

Thank you ^0^

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: <3 Greek Salad

Greek salad goodness.

Vote!

advocat3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages advocat3

This design is absolutely breathtaking. I will be incredibly disappointed if it keeps getting taken down. A great design is a great design no one cares about stupid rules when they get in the way of that.

brakbudy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brakbudy
jfsiv wrote:This Was inspired by something I found out.
Ok so Perseus slay Medusa and takes her head, but what Perseus didn't know is that Medusa was pregnant. So I thought what if Perseus didn't slay Maedusa?

P.S. Can you guess who the father is?

Yeah but the "children" were Pegasus and Chrysaor, and they couldn't be "born" until her head was cut off... So... yeah...

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
seakitty wrote:Nice job, Chris! Really pretty (and I'd wear it, unlike tha cannibal shirt).

I see you've got a new one up at theonering.net, too... You're busy!

Re: TorN, are you talking about the "May the Dwarves be With You" one? If so, they're supposed to be announcing the Line Party shirt, too, which I designed for them.

jiorgon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jiorgon
Re: Greek Yogurt (RESUB)

Hehe, cute and funny design xD. I really like how you have made that armor ^^.

njskohlhaas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njskohlhaas
Re: Catlas

funny

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Play-doh

This is not off topic.
This is a pun on "Plato"

move along

tangolite132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangolite132
Spiritgreen wrote:I hope one of these prints, this would be my pick. The orange in V1 looks good but the white here puts the focus on Persephone in exactly the right way for me.

I think I love you for explaining it perfectly.

"Riddle me this, riddle me that: who's afraid of the big black bat?"

tangolite132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangolite132
Re: <3 Greek Salad

Cayoot.

"Riddle me this, riddle me that: who's afraid of the big black bat?"

xcix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xcix
ohthatdeb wrote:Huh?

Plato's Allegory of the Cave

ohthatdeb

xcix wrote:Plato's Allegory of the Cave

Well, yes, I know THAT, and I get the whole cat/sabre-toothed tiger dealio... but the blank wall is the rock, so what does the white rectangle represent? And I assume those are the chains, so... are the chained people on the other side of the rectangle? Or have these two been released from their chains, and thus identified as philosophers, recognizing the true nature of the Forms...

OK, I'm way overthinking. This is just another cute interweb kitteh, right?

ohthatdeb

Bozanimal wrote:This is one of those rare Woot shirts that is actually a great shirt, not just a one-gag comic. I love the design, but I've got enough black shirts. I'd be in if it were black on orange, rather than the other way around. Maybe I'm just a weirdo.

Probably.

Good luck, it's a cool shirt.

Boz

I agree with the first sentiment, but I wouldn't change a thing. This is really gorgeous. I'd buy it!!

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
Re: Underworld Blossom {v2}

Thanks for all the support again, all!

@CVBrennan - He is exploring the mysteries of the universe the same way my dog does, via his mouth.

@mailmanmo - I try to get my designs out in the pre-derby thread when I can for feedback, but the orange was a last minute thing I did on my own. I'll pretty much humor anything people yell at me. This doesn't mean I can make it work (or have time for it) but you never know...

@Spiritgreen - Thanks, Spirit! Congratulations on your latest prints :P

saiun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saiun
Re: The Unexpected Gift

The more I look at the entries, the more this one stands out as exemplary. If it doesn't make the cut please try other sites. I'd really like to get this shirt! With the constant stream of nauseatingly cute entries there are just too few genuinely cool works like this.

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

very well done

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

haha very funny love it

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Underworld Blossom {v2}

Both are nice, but I like this one a little more! Awesome design!

qetza

manikx66 wrote:very well done

Thanks manikx66!

qetza

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Allegory of the Cave

Here's a bigger version if you wanna see my fun facial expressions... I am pretty pleased with how this turned out!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1eA1dge9U9w/UJsRTCjT7eI/AAAAAAAACXA/5XWracjODao/s1600/medusa.jpg