trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss

I had an idea last night and got to thinking that some here may like to help out. I have been a missionary to Bolivia, the poorest country in South America. About a year from now, I'll be returning to Bolivia.

I have a box of woot shirts that are too big for me, that I had planned to use to make a quilt. But, I hate to destroy good shirts that could be put to use by Bolivians. So now those shirts will be taken to Bolivia and distributed to whoever needs them.

Then, I got to thinking that there have been quite a few misprints lately that have been replaced, and there are those who received Anvil shirts wishing they were AA and vice versa. If you have any unwanted shirts (misprints or otherwise) that you would like to donate to be taken to Bolivia, PM me, and I'll reply with an address to send them to.

Whether or not you choose to participate in this Bolivia project, please consider donating your unwanted shirts to homeless shelters, disaster relief, or other agencies/thrift stores that help those in need.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

trekmiss wrote:I had an idea last night and got to thinking that some here may like to help out. I have been a missionary to Bolivia, the poorest country in South America. About a year from now, I'll be returning to Bolivia.

I have a box of woot shirts that are too big for me, that I had planned to use to make a quilt. But, I hate to destroy good shirts that could be put to use by Bolivians. So now those shirts will be taken to Bolivia and distributed to whoever needs them.

Then, I got to thinking that there have been quite a few misprints lately that have been replaced, and there are those who received Anvil shirts wishing they were AA and vice versa. If you have any unwanted shirts (misprints or otherwise) that you would like to donate to be taken to Bolivia, PM me, and I'll reply with an address to send them to.

Whether or not you choose to participate in this Bolivia project, please consider donating your unwanted shirts to homeless shelters, disaster relief, or other agencies/thrift stores that help those in need.

very cool. thank you for being a good person.

hope you don't mind my taking the liberty, but i posted this in a charity thread over on EBW. might get a few more contributors from there.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

trekmiss

PemberDucky wrote:very cool. thank you for being a good person.

hope you don't mind my taking the liberty, but i posted this in a charity thread over on EBW. might get a few more contributors from there.

Cool, thanks!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
trekmiss wrote:Cool, thanks!

Just dropping in from the EBW

Wow! Thank you for doing this. My step-father-in-law regularly went to Bolivia with doctors without borders (and he grew up there - he's parents ran an orphanage, I believe). Last year he left us for what comes next. I wish I had something to send you in his memory, but I thank you so much for doing this and reminding me of him today.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

trekmiss

KtCallista wrote:Just dropping in from the EBW

Wow! Thank you for doing this. My step-father-in-law regularly went to Bolivia with doctors without borders (and he grew up there - he's parents ran an orphanage, I believe). Last year he left us for what comes next. I wish I had something to send you in his memory, but I thank you so much for doing this and reminding me of him today.

Thank you for sharing this. Sounds like he was a great man.

trekmiss

Today is a sad day as I have to retire Shelf Life and Cool Breeze (the original, not the remix) because they are both too big on me. They will be going into the Shirts for Bolivia box, but it also makes 2 less Woot shirts for me to wear.