ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply, I've pinged staff to see why there could be a order processing issue.
Thanks for you patience

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Just got finished talking with some staff members, and it turns out that orders SHOULD be processing now, but that due to the Daylight Savings time shift, the statistics are inaccurate/incorrect.

We are selling stuff, but any site that had an order between 1am and 2am has incorrect stats.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

P.S If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to ping/PM me or email us at support@woot.com and we'll be glad to help you out.

marthajones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marthajones
thumperchick wrote:Aw thanks, now that dang song is stuck in my head.

I love that song, but for some reason...it makes me want to punch people when I hear it...! Thankfully, I haven't been drinking when I've heard this song...or else I would go batsh!t crazy...!

LIZ 10:“I’m the bloody Queen, mate. Basically, I rule.”--Dr.Who

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde
DavidHart wrote:Not only that, but the bar shadows are not carried across the can. Granted, it's an artistic cartoon expression, so it doesn't have to be completely realistic. But as a an amateur photographer, the lighting flaws are apparent.

That's okay...there aren't any BARS behind the can, either.

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

The artist's bio is the best part.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
DavidHart wrote:Not only that, but the bar shadows are not carried across the can. Granted, it's an artistic cartoon expression, so it doesn't have to be completely realistic. But as a an amateur photographer, the lighting flaws are apparent.

He's not really known for artistic ability or originality. Unless you think drawing chibi animals and halftone swirls takes talent (some people do!).

Him getting picked in the recycling derby does have a pretty tasty irony. Though ironically a can in a trash basket is a new idea from him!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
ElanorRigby wrote:Love this! I especially love how the can is glowing in the sunlight - it adds some hope, maybe.

Also really dig the write-up. I still love that song, and it's various incarnations.

I think it needs to be a series, like the one with the girl, balloon, city and robot.

The next one can be "U Can".
(preparing for the escape)

The third one: something with the metals of recycling.

The last one: Maybe even recycle him into a baby robot part alluding to the next one in the series above.

Definitely has possibilities.

xochiluvr

quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr

Just so we can this music video reckoning, I present the BEST parody vid. Turn closed captioning on for the lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQfiYUXrtI

fctr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fctr
ReginaFilangee wrote:The official Gotye video is cool....but check out this version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsoRSI7ei4E

THAT'S how you turn a sucky song into something cool...

ferdricko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferdricko

Whoever did the write up is genius.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 2m 2.117s
First Sucker: quildio
Last Wooter to Woot: luvobug
Last Purchase: a day ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 0% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 72

First day sales 72
First day posts 48

With no sales after the clock change included?

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
TheGolux wrote:... First day sales 72
First day posts 48

With no sales after the clock change included?

Looks like it.

Congratulations on a new record low!

(Nah, just kidding ... but you're probably going to have to help us, Ramy.)

Based on the two hours of actual sales, several hours of non-sales due to server issues, some historic sales data I have, I'm estimating that the debut day sales is between 400 to 420.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

First day sales: 392

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

deboraho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deboraho

Ha... I thought 72 was a generous amount.... lol !