WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Hand drawn vs. digitally produced art:
  • 76.4% - Hand drawn all the way! 654
  • 23.6% - Digital or die! 202
856 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

fractalVisionz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fractalVisionz

Hand drawn and digital?

Stormrunner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stormrunner

As and artist that does hand drawn art in digital and traditional media this poll makes no sense.

Shouldn't this be traditional verses digtal, or Drawn art VS Graphical art?

I dunno both of those offend me a bit as well.

Though just letters on a shirt like today....I'd prefer a piece of graphic or drawn art.

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond

depends on the day

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

What about a little bit of both? Depending on the subject, a piece can look better in one or the other. I know some artists that like to make a sketch in traditional, then finish up in digital--and vice versa. If anything, digital is cheaper for both commissioner and commissionee.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

annoyinggirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annoyinggirl

I really don't care, as long as it comes out looking adorable and have something witty to say/show.

merrypranxter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages merrypranxter

I personally do digital photoshop vector illustrations because that is what i like to do & what i am good at. However, i like ALL art, hand drawn, digital, or otherwise. It's like asking if i would rather have pepperoni pizza or sausage pizza. WHO CARES! As long as it's good!

oclafretep

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oclafretep

Poll fail.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

I couldn't care less.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

You can hand-draw something digitally with a tablet. I like stuff like that... or stuff that looks more digital. Whatever works for the situation.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

I'm gonna go with a happy medium between both, sometimes combined, sometimes hand drawn, sometimes digital. Kinda like how I like my animated movies.

muttly424

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muttly424
fractalVisionz wrote:Hand drawn and digital?

I'm in the boat with you on this one Both have their merits.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
fractalVisionz wrote:Hand drawn and digital?

Yes, agreed.

I personally like to draw by hand on a physical piece of paper, but a tablet really bridges the gap between traditional and digital methods of creating art

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I prefer my art to be drawn by automatons.

move along

charlottesumxs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs

You artsy-clever people do so much amazing stuff with both. I guess I'd pick both. But I agree with the above poster who commented on today's design of just text. I want some art in a design. And as a non-artistic person, I want to see something I *can't* do myself.