nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
neuropsychosocial wrote:Thank you, Nathan. Your post brought a tear to my eye. I'm so glad that the number-crunchers' work has been helpful to the artists and the community.

On a personal note, I'm currently sitting next to Narfcake, huddled under a shared blanket. The nightly numbers had an impact on our lives far beyond any statistical metric. It's odd that the thing responsible for introducing us is suddenly obsolete only a few months later.

I did not know your IRL experience had changed due to WOOT! If it had been spoken of before, I must have missed it. Amazing.

In any case, I know we share a love of numbers - I have especially since I read this book years ago and realized how important understanding numbers is. http://www.amazon.com/Coincidences-Chaos-That-Math-Jazz/dp/0393329313

The point is, we were flying blind without your guidance! Thus we salute you!

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
neuropsychosocial wrote:Thank you, Nathan. Your post brought a tear to my eye. I'm so glad that the number-crunchers' work has been helpful to the artists and the community.

Ditto. Even when I was doing the numbers, it was the artists' thanks that kept it going even after my interest was waning ...

On a personal note, I'm currently sitting next to Narfcake, huddled under a shared blanket. The nightly numbers had an impact on our lives far beyond any statistical metric. It's odd that the thing responsible for introducing us is suddenly obsolete only a few months later.

The numbers may become obsolete now, but the love will never be.

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko
Narfcake wrote:The numbers may become obsolete now, but the love will never be.

Wow. That's actually really awesome.

Congratulations.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

Haha! Congrats, you two! Every end is a beginning. I think you both got a good trade out of that one...

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
neuropsychosocial wrote:On a personal note, I'm currently sitting next to Narfcake, huddled under a shared blanket. The nightly numbers had an impact on our lives far beyond any statistical metric. It's odd that the thing responsible for introducing us is suddenly obsolete only a few months later.

Slow clap.

also, just for kicks:

move along

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Well, well, well. That's incredible news, you two! Congrats! :D

I would also like to say thanks to both you and Narfcake for the work you put into the numbers and the tremendous support you've shown to artists. Bravo!

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

That's awesome to hear--congrats to both of you

dilettante

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dilettante
Donna Battle wrote:No, the link at the top of the page is gone to make room for this, I think. almost every shirt ever printed

(side note: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE)

I was still able to get to the Reckoning from the graphical link below today's shirt.

Now if only they'd offer an AA option for even a few bucks more, I'd be able to replace my Now Let Me Get This Straight... something to look forward to!

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
neuropsychosocial wrote:The nightly numbers had an impact on our lives far beyond any statistical metric. It's odd that the thing responsible for introducing us is suddenly obsolete only a few months later.

Let me add my thanks and congratulations to you both. I figured the development from the leeding posts you had been writing.
Sorry to see the end of an era as far as stats go. I've depended on it and checked every day when I have a shirt for sale. Your tireless(?) efforts and ongoing commentary on the scene have added a lot to my understanding of the shirt scene. It's difficult to see what all the change will mean long term for shirt.woot, but I hope a strong, supportive and creative culture is something that emerges.

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
neuropsychosocial wrote: The nightly numbers had an impact on our lives far beyond any statistical metric. It's odd that the thing responsible for introducing us is suddenly obsolete only a few months later.

Congrats neuro and narf ! It's great to see something positive come out of shirt woot.

If you still have a thing for number crunching, perhaps you can use your stats model for predicting the weekly top twenty standings. I know it's not the same, but the game will be to predict which $15 shirts will morph to $18 shirts (sigh ... I know).

On a side note: you need to check your pm.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

Nevermore will that billionaire have to buy three of a certain shirt everyday in order to keep it available for purchase.

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Nathan, Fujiko, rasabi, fishbiscuit, j5, Kevin, Mark, Larry: thank you all for your sentiments and congratulations. It's been one of the most incredible things that's ever happened to me, and while it hasn't been a secret, per se, it's nice to share the news with our woot family and the community that we share. Your thoughts and words mean a great deal.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Fablefire and Cats Resume deserve a shout-out for its 7,494 sales. I'm so glad that it will be available for sales tomorrow, but that doesn't diminish fable's accomplishment.

Congratulations!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
neuropsychosocial wrote:Nathan, Fujiko, rasabi, fishbiscuit, j5, Kevin, Mark, Larry: thank you all for your sentiments and congratulations. It's been one of the most incredible things that's ever happened to me, and while it hasn't been a secret, per se, it's nice to share the news with our woot family and the community that we share. Your thoughts and words mean a great deal.

Likewise, thanks to all of you. There were little tidbits here and there over the past several months, and in spite of changes here at shirt.woot that have been less than ideal, we can't deny that it has brought both of us a lot of joy too ... starting with each other.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
j5 wrote:Slow clap.

also, just for kicks:

Hah, was going to say that j5 called this several weeks ago.

Congrats you two, I can't think of two better shirt fans to get together! Party!