WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Best beverage to power through an all-night gaming/designing/computer binge?
  • 19.4% - Soda 199
  • 17.4% - Energy Drinks 179
  • 23.1% - Coffee 237
  • 8.3% - Tea 85
  • 8.6% - Diet Soda 88
  • 7.8% - One of those shot things like 5-Hour Whatever. 80
  • 12.4% - Water 127
  • 3.1% - Something else I’ll tell you in the comments. 32
1027 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

computermd82

quality posts: 32 Private Messages computermd82

Should have saved this poll for a woot-off!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

rasabi

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rasabi

I've been doing these london fog tea things. They are like normal tea, only it is socially acceptable to place copious amounts of flavored creamer in them.

This is when I actually remember to put liquid next to me during the 4+ hour midnight design fests. This is not often.

verdauga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verdauga

Low- or no-caffine soda and water (not mixed together, ew). Caffine knocks me out if I have too much of it.

<--- Yes, that's a hipster tiger.

darogo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darogo

Jaegermeister and Red Bull. Dig it.

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones

BAWLS! Although, it's getting increasingly hard to find in stores :[

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones
darogo wrote:Jaegermeister and Red Bull. Dig it.

I definitely just heard that in "Macho Man" Randy Savage's voice.

Oooooooooooh yeeeeeeeeaaaah!

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

bigj78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigj78

Copious amounts of alcohol!

BooferFTW

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BooferFTW
MrsBones wrote:BAWLS! Although, it's getting increasingly hard to find in stores :[

This. It's the best tasting out there, and the bumpy blue bottles are pleasing to the eye Also the Geek Beer is nomtacular!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

krdshrk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krdshrk

Definitely Bawls

firewall1138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firewall1138

TaB!!

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Best part of living in South Florida - Cuban coffee. Pure caffeine and pure sugar. Got me through many an all night software troubleshooting adventure.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

I really wish Mountain Dew Code Red still came in diet

FretlessM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FretlessM

Orange Juice

pedrogammos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pedrogammos

Definitely Bawls.

It's kind of a soda, kind of an energy drink.

aehelephant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aehelephant

I will never touch those five hour energy drink things again. I found out the hard way that migraine plus five hour energy shot equals night in the emergency room. *shudders at memory*

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

I no longer have all nighters (I have a 2 year old...there is no such thing as sleeping in or sleeping all day after an all nighter unless I really want to piss off my husband). But back when I did...would depend on WHY I was up all night. Hanging out with friends online...alcohol. Anything else...soda with caffeine. School work...add a middle of the night Adderall (I legitimately take it for ADD).

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

aehelephant wrote:I will never touch those five hour energy drink things again. I found out the hard way that migraine plus five hour energy shot equals night in the emergency room. *shudders at memory*

Me too! I thought I was going to pass out and I was shaking so much I couldn't move. I had to stay in bed the rest of the day. Not a normal "energy drink" experience.
As far as NOT life-threatening energy products, I used to drink BAWLS...lol... because I thought it was funny to say "I've got BAWLS", "I'm gonna go grab some BAWLS", etc... now I don't drink any caffeine really, I just go to sleep.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7
bigj78 wrote:Copious amounts of alcohol!

Preferably a good single malt scotch.

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

Naked Juice Green Machine.

gordont

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gordont

Wine and keep it coming power is something you get with a good nights sleep. Just don't wake up with a cheep wine fog it is worse then an all nighter of gaming hopped up on energy drinks.

And don't forget the se# it just makes it all good.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

When I used to work the graveyard shift regularly, energy drinks didn't exist yet. Coca Cola or Mountain Dew were the shiznit.

Today I'm diabetic, arthritic, and have heart problems. If I need to stay up all night, I just skip my sleeping pill.

revoluciano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revoluciano

MILK......it does a body good!