yeyeliuda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yeyeliuda

I bought a kelty redwing 44 bag from sport woot with $60 in total a week ago. It is really nice. But I just see today there is a larger redwing bag with the SAME price. Can I return the small to you and order the larger one? I know it is not the mistake of woot so i can pay for the shipping fee. Can I do that?

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
yeyeliuda wrote:I bought a kelty redwing 44 bag from sport woot with $60 in total a week ago. It is really nice. But I just see today there is a larger redwing bag with the SAME price. Can I return the small to you and order the larger one? I know it is not the mistake of woot so i can pay for the shipping fee. Can I do that?



Nope. Woot doesn't do buyer remorse. You can buy the larger one and sell the smaller one on craigslist or eBay. Or donate it someplace. Or just have 2.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

olcubmaster


quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster
yeyeliuda wrote:I bought a kelty redwing 44 bag from sport woot with $60 in total a week ago. It is really nice. But I just see today there is a larger redwing bag with the SAME price. Can I return the small to you and order the larger one? I know it is not the mistake of woot so i can pay for the shipping fee. Can I do that?



I am not a Woot staffer nor do I play one on TV, but in a nutshell the answer is:

NO

From the Woot! FAQ section;

" Will I receive customer support like I'm used to? Not quite. If you buy something you don't end up liking or you have what marketing people call "buyer's remorse," sell it on Craigslist or at a garage sale. It's likely you'll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle."

For more Woot! policies and mysteries, visit:

http://www.woot.com/faq#

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
olcubmaster wrote:I am not a Woot staffer nor do I play one on TV, but in a nutshell the answer is:

NO

From the Woot! FAQ section;

" Will I receive customer support like I'm used to? Not quite. If you buy something you don't end up liking or you have what marketing people call "buyer's remorse," sell it on Craigslist or at a garage sale. It's likely you'll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle."

For more Woot! policies and mysteries, visit:

http://www.woot.com/faq#


Such efficiency here. Thanks gang!

I'm just hanging out, really.

wootme1956


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootme1956

I ordered shoes for my husband, what if they don't fit??? Can they be exchanged?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wootme1956 wrote:I ordered shoes for my husband, what if they don't fit??? Can they be exchanged?


The same answer applies as mentioned above. We sell things until they are sold out and often don't have stock for exchanges. Refunds are defective merchandise only.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wootme1956


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootme1956
ThunderThighs wrote:The same answer applies as mentioned above. We sell things until they are sold out and often don't have stock for exchanges. Refunds are defective merchandise only.


So I can refuse the order when it is delivered & my money will be refunded?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wootme1956 wrote:So I can refuse the order when it is delivered & my money will be refunded?

Yes. Note that return shipments travel back to the warehouse by a method slower than snails. I don't know where they found it but it's true. The return item then has to be processed and then you'll get your refund.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wootme1956


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootme1956
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes. Note that return shipments travel back to the warehouse by a method slower than snails. I don't know where they found it but it's true. The return item then has to be processed and then you'll get your refund.

Thanks, I'll be able to track it back. I'll order for myself from now on!