DAISYC

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DAISYC
tjschaeffer wrote:I'm trying to think of a way to put this that doesn't come off as offensive or gross, but the beans kind of have an...anatomical look to them that you generally only see in magazines sold in brown paper bags or websites that require visitors to be 18 or over.

Maybe it's just me having a mind in the wrong place, but once I saw it I could not unsee it.

That is the first thing I thought of when I saw this drawing. I just couldn't think of a polite way to say it.

raygunnoey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raygunnoey

My entry for this week! I put my Illustrator/Barista title to work for the good of shirt designs.

cajadam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cajadam

What happened to the Kiwi and Penguin admiring the energy drink. I went to vote for it and it was taken down. Why?

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
cajadam wrote:What happened to the Kiwi and Penguin admiring the energy drink. I went to vote for it and it was taken down. Why?

Probably too close to the Red Bull trademark.

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
oakenspirit wrote:Here ya go... cheat sheet I threw together at work!

<3 thank you oakenspirit. Thats really kind of you. Should hopefully give me a better starting point for it all. I just hope I can get it finished this weekend cos Im so not going to have time to do it in the week XD

oakenspirit

quality posts: 74 Private Messages oakenspirit
lilsquiggle wrote:<3 thank you oakenspirit. Thats really kind of you. Should hopefully give me a better starting point for it all. I just hope I can get it finished this weekend cos Im so not going to have time to do it in the week XD

Ha... Glad it helped in some way, though it was partially tongue in cheek - Those be some mad MSPAINT skills... I would look up some campfire images truthfully for a better idea... though here is one near like I what I made, so maybe it wasn't too far off the mark.. heh

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
oakenspirit wrote:Ha... Glad it helped in some way, though it was partially tongue in cheek - Those be some mad MSPAINT skills... I would look up some campfire images truthfully for a better idea... though here is one near like I what I made, so maybe it wasn't too far off the mark.. heh

Tongue in cheek it might be, but it still gives a sensible starting point :P

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
benjaminleebates wrote:Well, if they had a problem with me waiting to send my shirts AFTER they asked, they could have mentioned it in the email...

If anyone is to "blame" for woot asking artists to adhere to an existing rule, I suspect it's either Spiritgreen (woot said in the past that the top three were usually set by Monday afternoon and they actually started print preparation before voting closed, but Matt demolished the late entry-> win record; a 36 hour turn around from submission to print is rough: can you imagine if they also had to chase down the artist for the print-ready files?!?) or it's an unknown artist - when tgentry was the "guest editor," I wonder if the real guest editor picked a shirt without emailed files and woot couldn't get the files in time, so Travis had to pick a replacement.

That, or they hired a new Rejectionator and had to invent reasons to reject entries in order to justify its salary.

[BTW, I'm not implying that Spiritgreen failed to submit print-ready files with his late Wednesday entry, just that his win might have reminded woot staff that it's increasingly likely to have late entries print, between reduced voting and prints not being based on straight voting anymore.]

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

erose27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erose27

LOVE this website but have been disappointed with derbies lately, but more disappointed with designs that actually win.
Caffeine is great this week, but there are only 2 shirts I would consider purchasing.