Staff

Poll: Worst shirt-wearing faux pas?
  • 11.5% - Improper tuck 159
  • 58.9% - Stains 816
  • 7.9% - Wrinkles 110
  • 19.1% - Too many unbuttoned buttons 265
  • 2.5% - Some other pas I’ll faux in the comments. 35
1385 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

charlottesumxs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs

Tucking in at all. Be loose people!

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

I'm curious about this: What do the rest of you think is worse, stains or holes?

My logic is stains are worse because they convey uncleanliness, whereas holes convey "poorness" (don't know how to word it). My sister insists holes are worse than stains because someone could have left the house with a clean shirt and gotten it dirty without a chance to change, whereas a person with holes in their clothing almost undoubtedly left their house knowing they had holes in their clothing.

I have tons of holes in various pieces of clothing, but I still wear them. A few of my sweatshirt's cuffs are basically hanging on by threads at this point, the rest is pretty much fine, so I keep it around.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
charlottesumxs wrote:Be loose people!

Um, maybe you should place a comma in there...

eifiji20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eifiji20
curtisuxor wrote:Um, maybe you should place a comma in there...

Well... if you're people, and you be loose, you become loose people anyway. So, I suppose it works either way.

ardubu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ardubu

I like wearing my shirts till they fray at the edges - you know - when the little threads hang from the edges, and you have holes where your armpits are... ventilation for summer!
I think my friends called it "Thread Bare"...

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

ParadiseDave

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ParadiseDave

I had a T-shirt in college with some unknown Japanese or Chinese characters on the front. I wore it a lot until I passed an Asian guy who started snickering. I threw the shirt away, yet I still wonder what it said...

1ezmonkey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 1ezmonkey

Paying $12 for it. Havent bought one since the price increase

I think I'm getting into Heaven.
WOOT = 130 items
SHIRT.WOOT = 72 shirts
WINE.WOOT = 1 item (can't ship wine to Pa.)
SELLOUT.WOOT = 30 items
KIDS.WOOT = 18 items

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains

Inside out. Yep....done it.

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed

Slacks and a T-shirt, almost as bad as an oxford with a tie.

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed
curtisuxor wrote:Um, maybe you should place a comma in there...

Hay there, Loose people is how we get more people.

angelsk8er125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelsk8er125
beaglebrains wrote:Inside out. Yep....done it.

What about inside out and backwards? Hmmm? Dun, dun, duuuun.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy
beaglebrains wrote:Inside out. Yep....done it.

+1

popemegaforce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popemegaforce
curtisuxor wrote: My sister insists holes are worse than stains because someone could have left the house with a clean shirt and gotten it dirty without a chance to change, whereas a person with holes in their clothing almost undoubtedly left their house knowing they had holes in their clothing.

Poverty is a better way of saying poorness. And when I think of stains, I think of something embedded in the fabric. Not just a splash of ketchup. Stains indicate someone doesn't take care of their clothes and it just looks grungy and disgusting.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Holes in the armpits...big ones. I can't get my husband to get rid of a tshirt he got when we went to our first concert together, even thought the armpit holes are almost as big as the armholes.

But, I still wear most of my woot shirts though they all have these tiny little holes in the front near the hem...I have no idea why they form, but I can't get rid of Fire Swallower just because of a little hole.

I'm such a hypocrite ;)

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

I think stains...however, upon reflection, picturing my dad and all his pants with holes all over them...I'm not sure which is worse. My dad has money, they make a good income, but he insists that the pair of shorts with nearly obscene holes in it is "just fine" to wear out to family dinners. My husband usually is a messy eater and always has stains on his shirts. Financially, it's hard to keep up with replacing them but I cringe because they convey he is just a filthy person - which isn't true. He just can't walk past a sample of anything without SOMEHOW spilling it down his shirt. I think all the guys in my family need major makeovers...

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

I lived through the '70s. Too many unbuttoned buttons -replete with gold chains and anthropoidal chest hair- brings back painful memories.

akayeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akayeh

Holes are the worst!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
ambergreen wrote:Holes in the armpits...big ones. I can't get my husband to get rid of a tshirt he got when we went to our first concert together, even thought the armpit holes are almost as big as the armholes.

But, I still wear most of my woot shirts though they all have these tiny little holes in the front near the hem...I have no idea why they form, but I can't get rid of Fire Swallower just because of a little hole.

I'm such a hypocrite ;)

Your fingernails puncture the fabric when you pull the shirt down.

charlottesumxs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs
blanked wrote:Your fingernails puncture the fabric when you pull the shirt down.

Holes are a sign that the garment has been loved.

And many of my favourite people are loose people. Still, my inner grammar nerd is a little mortified...

bghoey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bghoey

"When guys have cut off sleeves and their armpit hair is all flapping in the wind" from my fiancee