kerrykazan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kerrykazan

In for 1. What a great shirt.

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati

Great T! :-)

ama13877

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ama13877
bluetuba wrote:I don't buy it, blue is my favorite color but I don't think this matches the myth. Icarus falling to earth should be bright and sunny, not dark and glowy.

You are probably not a good candidate for the purchase of this offering. Yes? No?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

If Robbie's fighting gods shirt isn't chosen for tonight or tomorrow night, something very bad is going to happen.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

dfunkmaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfunkmaster

The feathers look blue on my LCD and purple on my LED monitor.

I definitely thought it was purple until I read all the comments saying it was blue.

I didn't think I liked having two different monitors for a dual setup, but now maybe I do.

So, blue or purple?

I have a blue/purple car. (really only purple in certain lights) I call it blurple.

sigifreud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigifreud
sahmiam wrote:Reminds me of Going Away is the Bluebird from a few years ago.

Except they are going in opposite directions.

jenastaire

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jenastaire

This design is beautiful -- one of the most moving I've seen in all my years of woot-dom. Well done!

maverickmila

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maverickmila

Whoa. This is a seriously awesome design. If Woot still made shirts that fit me, I'd be in for 3.

... but they don't so I'm not. :'(

diverdan79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diverdan79

LOL, A Woot Shirt made it on TMZ.com.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/09/mike-brown-lakers-coach-chick-fil-a/

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

diverdan79 wrote:LOL, A Woot Shirt made it on TMZ.com.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/09/mike-brown-lakers-coach-chick-fil-a/

WOOT! WOOT!! TMZ lol
Thanks for the link

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

Congrats Patrickspens! I think it looks great and not sure why all the discussion on dark vs warm colors, who cares, it's a good looking design. I'm just so happy that a non-cutesie shirt won. Maybe the derby is changing and all the 12-year-old girls who usually vote have left.

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
Spiritgreen wrote:The unconventional color scheme is what makes it for me. Fiery colors would have been quite a cliche, this has an extra level of melancholy. The wax has melted in the glare of the sun and now Icarus is falling in shadow, or maybe this is his ghost?

Fidelity to the source myth would not be cliche.

karachay40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karachay40

Can't decide whether to buy or not >.< What are the chances this will become a v-neck?

zsinix

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zsinix

So gorgeous and yet so sad and depressing! Don't aim for the sun Icarus!

Jefiner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jefiner

Simply beautiful. Beyond words.

Thank you, patrickspens!

/in for one.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 51.112s
First Sucker: dktizzy202
Last Wooter to Woot: jimmyree
Last Purchase: 7 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 40% of Shirt Woots
Top 41% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 1469

First day sales 1469
First day posts 54

dngrcnnn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dngrcnnn

I wasn't suuuuper stoked on the black shirt, but I loved the design so much that I made my first Woot shirt purchase. Stellar work.

sprogel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprogel

was this inspired in any way by the cover of Hush Hush?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

sprogel wrote:was this inspired in any way by the cover of Hush Hush?
*snip*

Ahahahahaha... I am not the artist nor in any way affiliated with the artist, but I can pretty much guarantee you that the inspiration was not the cover of a YA novel but was the famous Greek myth of Icarus and all the depictions throughout classical Western history of him, his story, and his fall.

But then that's the beauty of art--if, for you, this t-shirt's design represents the cover of a YA novel that you love, then that's fabulous and just as valid as any other interpretation or intent. Especially if you love the design and purchase the shirt!

sprogel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprogel
goldenthorn wrote:Ahahahahaha... I am not the artist nor in any way affiliated with the artist, but I can pretty much guarantee you that the inspiration was not the cover of a YA novel but was the famous Greek myth of Icarus and all the depictions throughout classical Western history of him, his story, and his fall.

But then that's the beauty of art--if, for you, this t-shirt's design represents the cover of a YA novel that you love, then that's fabulous and just as valid as any other interpretation or intent. Especially if you love the design and purchase the shirt!

I love this shirt, I bought it the day it was the wootoff. I was sad to see it was taken off of the top twenty so quickly. I was wearing it and my girlfriend said she has seen it somewhere, and showed me it's cover on Google's store.

It's a gorgeous shirt, there is nothing wrong with being inspired by a young adult novel, some can be very powerful. I have not read Hush, Hush, so I can not attest to the quality of the book.

Nevertheless, the art is held in the eyes of the beholder, and I love the shirt, no matter it's inspiration.