trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
bpr2 wrote:They DO pop up on eBay from time to time. Oddly enough, mostly in women's sizes.

Well, that's just my luck, because I'd need a MXL or possibly a ML, but thanks for the head's up. I'll keep an eye out.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen

This. Is. Brilliant.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Holy mother of God. Krampus???? KRAMPUS!!!!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Best. Thing. Ever. EVER!
Thank you to everyone at woot who made this happen, and just in time for the holidays. Wow!

I did notice the wrong "Curiosity" is listed under my name. http://shirt.woot.com/catalog?q=fishbiscuit5
Should be this one: http://shirt.woot.com/offers/curiosity-8

I can't wait to start promoting this new feature!

xMadxScientistx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xMadxScientistx

There goes any collector value the shirts would have had. Are random woots still going to be a thing?

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

First, woweeeeeeeeee. This is pretty epic. Still wrapping my brain around all the implications here....

Is there a way to tag artists with multiple names with multiple tags? In other words, tag my designs with "robbie lee", "rglee129", and "robbielee"?

Also, my "Shhhhhh!" design doesn't show up when I sort all tees by "best selling." I'm sure there's tons of quirks to iron out, so add that to the list, plz.

Once more, wow. Excellent work!

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
tabbyfoo wrote:I would also like to request CARTS. I sometimes order lots of things, and sometimes credit card companies get weird about lots of things having lots of separate charges from the same vendor.

Search parameters are not perfect. I searched Octopus and Squid individually, and not all of the octopus and squid shirts we have are up there. Free Hugs, for example, doesn't come up. I know, it's a robot octopus, but it's still an octopus!

This is correct. In Free Hugs it's actually a robot septapus. Did you try searching for that?

So this would have been the COOLEST THING EVER like a year ago, when you were still using AA blanks. Now it's just super disappointing. I would be extremely happy if you gave the option to have any print ever* (*almost every print) to be printed on tank tops and longsleeves (of course, on AA blanks).

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin

I'm excited for this event and I thank everyone that has made it possible. As of right now I have ordered This Ice Cream Looks Fishy, No Bowling, and Peanut Butter & Jealousy. I couldn't pass on those three.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
neuropsychosocial wrote:Heh! I totally called this! (About two weeks ago, I identified the shirt.woot "secret" project was entire-catalog-to-DTG; thanks to Slacker44 for the final piece of evidence!)

I missed that discussion, or I would have chimed in, being as how I love me som meta-talk. Also, anyone who was paying attention the past month or so probably saw this coming, even with Tgentry flatly denying anything going on. Crafty.
NOW I realize why Tgentry was "keywording" every design in the catalog about a year ago. Here I thought it was for market research, instead it was for marketing T shirts.

move along

caramelarrow

quality posts: 13 Private Messages caramelarrow

Interesting.... search dog and there are 45 designs (many are actually hot dogs). Search cat and there are 90. So there are more than twice as many cat designs as dog (hot dogs taken out of consideration). I knew there was a difference, but poor doggies need some love!

07/11/14

skarsol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skarsol
neuropsychosocial wrote:I've never seen anyone in the "wild" wearing Binge. I've never seen any shirt on the Favorites list in the wild. I just checked with Narf: he can't recall seeing any shirt on the Favorites list; he also can't recall having seen any shirt, regardless of how many shirts it sold, more than once.

Not sure where you're at, but in Houston I see them in the wild fairly regularly. Mostly newer and more popular designs, but that's for obvious reasons. And that's not counting "nerd" events.

Regardless, saying this wont make them more common in the wild because they haven't been common in the past, is kind of a silly argument, isn't it? :P

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

Wow. Just yesterday I was wearing Donut Panic, and my son said it was his favorite shirt of mine. He's been very picky about what he'll wear lately, and he said he'd wear that shirt. Sadly, I had to tell him we couldn't get him one because it was no longer for sale. And now it is again!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet:

move along

sawhite79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sawhite79

My Verona Apothecary shirt met an untimely demise in a washing machine accident many months ago. Now I can replace it and buy a bunch of back ups! Thanks, Woot!

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara

My favorite gym shirt is looking a little faded, so I'm glad to get a new one. http://shirt.woot.com/offers/some-motivation-required

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Jessara wrote:My favorite gym shirt is looking a little faded, so I'm glad to get a new one. http://shirt.woot.com/offers/some-motivation-required

HA! Perfect for the gym.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jimimerrill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimimerrill

What about long-sleeve tees?!

ThunderThighs

Staff

jimimerrill wrote:What about long-sleeve tees?!

Short sleeve only at this time.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

fateforgotten

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fateforgotten
ProfHotpants wrote:This is an excellent idea.

An excellent idea, yes, but only if we can order more than one shirt at a time. I have a feeling the mailman is going to get pissed off at me because I have a hundred packages all from the same company on the same day....

jjkehoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjkehoe
ThunderThighs wrote:Short sleeve only at this time.

Might the option to choose other shirt types be available in the future? Although, if I could get any design in a v-neck, I'd go broke pretty quickly, so maybe not.

ThunderThighs

Staff

jjkehoe wrote:Might the option to choose other shirt types be available in the future? Although, if I could get any design in a v-neck, I'd go broke pretty quickly, so maybe not.

There are no current plans but anything is possible. I think the goal is one thing at a time.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
xMadxScientistx wrote:There goes any collector value the shirts would have had.

There will still be some folks who much rather have the old shirts for a reason I do NOT need to get into here.

caramelarrow wrote:Interesting.... search dog and there are 45 designs (many are actually hot dogs). Search cat and there are 90. So there are more than twice as many cat designs as dog (hot dogs taken out of consideration). I knew there was a difference, but poor doggies need some love!

Going by how many cat shirts I have, I'm not surprised! I still refer to this shirt from GJ to be a doggie shirt, though.

fateforgotten wrote:An excellent idea, yes, but only if we can order more than one shirt at a time. I have a feeling the mailman is going to get pissed off at me because I have a hundred packages all from the same company on the same day....

It'd be pretty funny, actually. My maillady left an entire mail tote on my doorstep when the randoms rolled around.

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

The choices, THE CHOICES, BLARG!! Brain overload. I love this so much!

FloppyKing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FloppyKing

I'm loving this as a new option. I find myself sometimes wishing I had thought to buy certain designs when i had the chance when peoples birthdays and/or holidays come up and now we can. What would be even better is if (for a premium of course) we could have the opportunity to have any of the designs "printed on demand" on any available medium of our choice, like pull-over-hoodie, zip-up-hoodie, apron, tote bag, etc.

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been waiting forever for another chance to get Think of the Children!!!!

TAEK ALL MAH MONEYZ!

johnjon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnjon

Is there a reason this shirt is unavailable? http://shirt.woot.com/offers/of-monsters-and-rpgs

It doesn't feature special inks or printing needs, and another shirt from the same designer is available... so what's the deal? It makes me sad.

ThunderThighs

Staff

johnjon wrote:Is there a reason this shirt is unavailable? http://shirt.woot.com/offers/of-monsters-and-rpgs

It doesn't feature special inks or printing needs, and another shirt from the same designer is available... so what's the deal? It makes me sad.

It looks like that was only available for sale as a side/Plus sale, not as a Daily. We're only doing Dailies at this time.

Goal: One thing at a time.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

Still very mixed about this. On one hand, it's awesome for the artists and for anyone who missed an old shirt or who needs to replace a favorite that somehow got destroyed.

On the other hand, however, you've reckoned the Reckoning. No more will there be any kind of drama over who makes it into the safety of the top 20, and who falls into the "danger zone." The excitement of seeing how well certain shirts are doing is pretty much gone, since we know being Reckoned now just means the shirt goes up in price. We probably won't see any real efforts to "save" shirts anymore, either. We also can no longer access old Reckonings to see how shirts did historically (hopefully that's just a bug).

Above all else, though, this change has fundamentally altered what shirt.woot is. Where it used to be a place for new and interesting shirts for a limited time, now it's just a place for interesting shirts. Not much distinguishes it from other shirt sites. My compulsive need to check it every day is pretty much shot since I know now if I miss something I really wanted, I can still get it.

My sincerest hope is that this proves to be a good move for the artists. If that proves true, then I'll be happy, even with the sadness that comes with this change.

sheens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheens
ThunderThighs wrote:I was lucky enough to watch a shirt get printed a couple weeks ago. It's an awesome process to watch and the shirt looked great. The colors were vibrant and very close to what you'd see with silk screen. I'm super excited about this!

What's the first shirt you're ordering and why? Spill all.

I'm finally getting Dr. Adorable's Love Potion - the shirt that brought me to Woot (just too late to buy it). Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

I really love this idea, and like a lot of the other artists, I'm excited about it. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I'd love to have the option to put my C contract designs into the permanent catalog.

markasevere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markasevere
citizencoyote wrote:
Above all else, though, this change has fundamentally altered what shirt.woot is. Where it used to be a place for new and interesting shirts for a limited time, now it's just a place for interesting shirts. Not much distinguishes it from other shirt sites. My compulsive need to check it every day is pretty much shot since I know now if I miss something I really wanted, I can still get it.

My sincerest hope is that this proves to be a good move for the artists. If that proves true, then I'll be happy, even with the sadness that comes with this change.

I second this opinion, I've always loved checking the website and seeing what shirts are close and the drama that ensues. I love having shirts that are more rare.

I'm happy for the artists but at the same time I'm disappointed with Woot going away from what made them great. Now they are just a website with funny shirts. I'll be back by, just once a month instead of daily.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
citizencoyote wrote:... On the other hand, however, you've reckoned the Reckoning. No more will there be any kind of drama over who makes it into the safety of the top 20, and who falls into the "danger zone." ...

This was my reaction as I was pulling up some old reckoning discussions too ...

This will be true, and that part does make me happy. Available shirts = the artist and Woot makes money.

For those balking at the price ... it's a slower process to DTG than it is to screen print, so there's more labor involved per shirt than it is with the "set it all up at once and let it go" automated press.

johnjon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnjon

Fair enough! Thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to getting beyond the "one thing at a time" so I can get my hands on this sucker. I'd even pay a whole $19 for it! ;)

ThunderThighs wrote:It looks like that was only available for sale as a side/Plus sale, not as a Daily. We're only doing Dailies at this time.

Goal: One thing at a time.

tabbyfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tabbyfoo
markasevere wrote: I'll be back by, just once a month instead of daily.

On the other torso, I'll still be back every day, because I'd rather save $6 a shirt to buy the ones I really like, and if I don't come every day, I'll never know when the Randoms are for sale!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

As someone who hasn't been around shirt.woot since the dawn of time, I'm pretty excited to get my hands on some ancient designs!

I'm just hanging out, really.

anonymose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anonymose

I have one question:

What does this little blue and white shirt trophy thingy mean?

My only guess is that it might indicate if it was once available in a side sale. Is that correct?

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I think this is great specifically for gifting. I usually just watch the dailies and side sales, but for a birthday or Christmas, it's great to just be able to pluck an old shirt out.

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

I was really excited to see the "Printed to Order" until I found out is was just for standard shirts. I was hoping for options such as hoodie, long sleeve, or tote.

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick
slacker44 wrote:Since there are now so many shirts available, how about a way to create some sort of wishlist to use when browsing?

Until Woot gives you the option, you could create an Amazon Universal Wishlist and use the Wishlist Button Extension. Then you even have a link to give people for Christmas/Birthday/Insert Holiday!

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

What an interesting development! I'm curious how it will impact mediocre artists, such as myself.

Really exciting, nonetheless, and I foresee spending a lot of money in the next few weeks.