yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower

I'd like to request more sorting options. I know I could just go to the end and work my way backwards, but I'd rather sort it by "oldest" and browse through in a normal way to see what I missed out on before I discovered shirt.woot. Also, I know there's a browse by price option over on the side there, but I think sorting by price might be a nice option, as well. Particularly when it comes to gift-purchasing time.

And maybe more details than just "best-selling." Best selling in kids sizes, particularly. Looking for a shirt to give as a gift for a child is kind of a daunting task right now.

It's probably kind of crazy to ask to sort shirts by how big the graphic is... I don't even know how that would ever be possible... but that's always a huge deciding factor for me.

And maybe a category for holiday shirts... and seasonal shirts.

I want to sort shirts all the ways!

I just thought of another one! How about an option for how many shirts to display per page. 48 pages? Maybe there's a very good technical reason why I can't see 2000 shirts all on one page, but I want to anyway.

Yet another thing! It's difficult to see the details on a lot of them, and I find myself having to click to go to the shirt's page to actually see what the design is, and then going back. Maybe a popup when you hover the mouse over it that shows a bigger design?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Should Robbie's An Eager Robot be available? Although the only time it printed as a shirt was in Robbie's Artist Spotlight side sale, woot owns the lifetime rights to the selected designs from Derby 215: Double-Bagged.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

Fuzzy question mark seems fuzzy ... says Printed to Order, but can't buy now, and has a 5/17 ship date.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

Woo! Now my only woot print can live on.
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/spicy-italian-meatball

Now, if only I could get another design printed... :P

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
lkackman wrote:Woo! Now my only woot print can live on.
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/spicy-italian-meatball

Now, if only I could get another design printed... :P

May I suggest a shirt starring the stately and impressive Atlantic Puffin?

neuropsychosocial

The following shirts are listed as unavailable: should they be available?
Meh
Onward Robots
Herd? What Herd?
Sniffing Glue
Robo-City
Control Yourself
Bird-Powered Robot
Fresh Ideas
Mister Poe's Guilt Trip
When Donuts Fly
Man-Boy
Oh Well

In the queue to update as available:
Loves Me, Loves Me Not
Just the Two of Us (Derby)

Edits:
- moved Guts to the Contract Violation list (credit: Adder and Narfcake)
- The Sword from the Inkwell and skirochester's Make Your Own Luck are now available (credit: Woot)
- Cat Carrier and Animal Hat to "B"/"C" Contract list (credit: Adder)
- Coffee Man to Plagiarism list (credit: Adder)
- Devo Derby (Devostation; Quite Good; The End) (credit: Adder and xyon)

neuropsychosocial

I thought it might be helpful to start a running list of shirts that shouldn't be available in the catalog. Otherwise, poor shirt.staff might receive 20 PMs asking whether a given shirt should be available.

Here's an initial list; I'll edit it as folks post other shirts that aren't available.

"B" Contract/"C" Contract (woot does not own lifetime rights to the design):
all shirts from the Mentions of Honor Woot Plus sales (Mentions of Honor I; Mentions of Honor II; Mentions of Honor III)
Robbie Lee's Spotlight: Haunted Robot
RamyB's Spotlight: Interlude, How to Make an Electric Mouse, Double Helix
Caffiends Woot Plus sale: Everything's Better with Chocolate
Cat Carrier (confirmation from thatRobert)
Animal Hat
Mirai

Trademark/Copyright:
Dark Knight
Xenophile
Cotton Armour

Plagiarism:
World Nom-ination
One Cheer for Broccoli
Fashionista
Dirty Job
Apesplosion
Coffee Man

Contact Violation:
Castle of Doom, Fortress of Woe
Guts

Promotional Prints:
Devo Derby (Devostation; Quite Good; The End)

Metallic Ink:
Ochopika's Make Your Own Luck
Saving the World, One Small Step at a Time
Console General
Molten Phoenix
404 Heart Not Found
Khione
Sea Chariot
Solid Gelt
Don't Look Back, I've Got You
Smilin' Don
Bling of the Dead
Swiss Gamepad
Ride the Magic Rails

Glow-in-the-Dark Ink:
Dark Knight
Run Away! Run Away!
Squeeze
Pterodactyl With A Machine Gun
13th Gloom Street
X-Ray Fiesta
See No Evil
Trick-or-Treat
Tricky Treats
A Lot of This Going Around
Ninja Blade
Ghosties
Lighning Bugs
Scare-It Badges
Carrots

You Wouldn't Want to Buy It Anyway:
Green Space

"Special Colors": Orange, Pink, and Purple Shirts:
all shirts

Artists: if you know you have a design with a "B" or "C" contract, please post or PM.

cursedprincess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cursedprincess
So this would have been the COOLEST THING EVER like a year ago, when you were still using AA blanks. Now it's just super disappointing. I would be extremely happy if you gave the option to have any print ever* (*almost every print) to be printed on tank tops and longsleeves (of course, on AA blanks).

I 2nd this thought. Though, I'm addicted to the AA longsleeves, and I think I would probably end up bankrupt, I would LOVE to have the option of putting these on something that isn't Anvil.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

What does it say about me that the first category I clicked on was "Math & Science" followed my "Video Games"? :P

I'm certain I'll be putting several shirts on my own personal someday wish list. I've only been wooting since Aug 2011, so there's many shirts out there I never knew I missed. I'll take searching the catalog slowly. I don't want to overload my "OOhh! I want!" center of my brain...

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

Why oh why isn't, "When I Grow Up" for sale in all designs?

UGH! Show me the nearest cliff!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

spilzer

quality posts: 121 Private Messages spilzer
ThunderThighs wrote: I'm super excited about this!

What's the first shirt you're ordering and why? Spill all.

I'm super excited too! I just placed an order for "Knife to See You" because it was one of my all time favorite shirts (I used to be a chef) and I lost it a few years back in a horrible laundry accident. I'm so, so, so glad to finally be able to replace it. Huzzah!

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
mibutterflywingz wrote:Why oh why isn't, "When I Grow Up" for sale in all designs?

UGH! Show me the nearest cliff!

It was in Mentions of Honor side sale under the C-contract, hence it's not a part of Woot's permanent catalog.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
neuropsychosocial wrote:

Artists: if you know you have a design with a "B" or "C" contract, please post or PM.

"Everything's Better with Chocolate" was a "C" contract but I would love to see it added to the catalog at some point!
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/everythings-better-with-chocolate

p.s. "Curiosity" was fixed! Thanks, Travis and woot!
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/curiosity-8

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
neuropsychosocial wrote:The following shirts are listed as unavailable: should they be available?
The Sword from the Inkwell (Derby, not special ink)
Just the Two of Us (Derby; might need option to select which design)
Meh
Onward Robots
Herd? What Herd?
Devostation (Devo Derby)
Quite Good (Devo Derby)
The End (Devo Derby)
Sniffing Glue
Loves Me, Loves Me Not
Guts

a number of those were from people who might have taken the limited contract (herd, what herd was from some apparently popular cartoonist, as was onward robots... while Andre has other pieces in the catalog, herd was his first, and ergo he might have thought a limited contract would serve him better, and then said reconsidered... or else he only thought "herd" would possibly benefit him in the future)

A couple of the others are double-tees. It would require extra coding to get them up and running, so people could pick which one they wanted. That is likely the reason for those being delayed.

"Meh" could (should?) be a copyright issue.

"Guts" had printed at another site which gave back the rights after the run. In all likelihood under 50 sold, total, and wotto had every right to shop it around, but I recall woot not being super happy that it wasn't 100% exclusive to them when they found out. That could be the issue

And the Devo tees are Devo tees. They were made to promote the band. There is every likelihood that Devo owns the designs now. And really, why would woot want to? I've always been confused about DBH's band contests for the same reason (and doubly so about Threadless' constant recent licensed product lines... it sort of kills the whole purpose of crowd sourced, independent design if you're just releasing 20 muppet tees. no matter how much I may like muppets).

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
neuropsychosocial wrote:Should Robbie's An Eager Robot be available? Although the only time it printed as a shirt was in Robbie's Artist Spotlight side sale, woot owns the lifetime rights to the selected designs from Derby 215: Double-Bagged.

I PM'ed you about a trade

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
ChronoSquall14 wrote:May I suggest a shirt starring the stately and impressive Atlantic Puffin?

Yes, yes you may.... :D
I like the cut of your jib

AdderXYU

Also, based on looking over that last comment, pretty sure Killer Bees was a Jublin, not a littleclyde

neuropsychosocial

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lkackman wrote:Yes, yes you may.... :D
I like the cut of your jibberish

TIFTFY

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

neuropsychosocial

mibutterflywingz wrote:I PM'ed you about a trade

My apologies to you and everyone else who has PM'd me this week without a response! I had (very) minor surgery last week and devoted all my cognitive power to worrying about it . I just responded.

fishbiscuit5 wrote:"Everything's Better with Chocolate" was a "C" contract but I would love to see it added to the catalog at some point!
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/everythings-better-with-chocolate

Thanks! Added to the list.

I hope woot creates a new type of contract that would allow them to reprint the "B" and "C" shirts: exclusive rights until withdrawn?

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
ellegee wrote:Another question about the digital printing, is it softer than the screen printing? I love the quality of the screen printing but I often pass on large designs because the stiff ink over a big area doesn't fit nicely over the tracts of land.

I can't speak for Woot's process but Threadless, DBH, and GoodJoe are all printing more DTG now so obviously the tech has improved (or gotten cheaper) and they're all likely using similar printers and inks.

GoodJoe's prints are significantly softer than screenprinting (yay!) but they have definitely lost some brightness in the ink.

marcusnoble

quality posts: 3 Private Messages marcusnoble

Love seeing a lot of the older designs. Especially ones that I've never seen before.

The only criticism I really have is that I'd love to see some sort of wish list like functionality.

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

Why not put a reason on the shirt page itself? Eventually this thread will die down and someone new's going to ask about it.

Something like 'this shirt is unavailable due to expired contract/policy violation'

Or just remove the violation ones from the catalog as they'll never get reprinted.

neuropsychosocial wrote:I thought it might be helpful to start a running list of shirts that shouldn't be available in the catalog. Otherwise, poor shirt.staff might receive 20 PMs asking whether a given shirt should be available.
...snip...

AdderXYU

neuropsychosocial wrote:I can't believe I just looked through all 48 pages of the catalog, but this is a complete list of shirts that shouldn't be available and this is a complete list of shirts that I'm not positive if they should be available.

To add to the other postulations:

1) Cat Carrier, I know, was the first tee I ever realized had a different contract. Robert has attempted selling it elsewhere once the rights were returned to him, and has vocalized mixed feelings and at times regret about making that decision. I believe Animal Hat was similar, since Miss Monster has sold revamped versions on TeeFury since then.

2) Miss Monster, being a presence outside the shirt world long before woot, having a tee with a different contract suggests my postulate that designers who were successful outside of woot would want to keep all rights to their merchandise, and therefore the same could be true of Oh Well (previous comic artist, first design by said artist), but especially of Bird Powered Robot and Control Yourself, both done by the guy at Exploding Dog, who has been in the art-comic game on the web for at least a decade. Presumably, knowing that he had a fairly large following and woot was still an unproven source shirtwise, it would not be surprising if he took a non-exclusive contract.

3) Coffee Man was pulled because it copies, almost line for line, a page of a vitameatavegamin Man comic.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Here's my Fat Unicorn shirt from the digital print process. *snip*

Thank you so very much, O Great Madame TT!

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
ThunderThighs wrote:
What's the first shirt you're ordering and why? Spill all.

I had to quit ordering after 4 from my tablet from bed! : Sun Wukong (The Monkey King), The Umbrellas, Thin Red Lines and Collision. Only then did I run in to tell our son about Woot's new/old offerings.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

neuropsychosocial wrote:I can't believe I just looked through all 48 pages of the catalog, but this is a complete list of shirts that shouldn't be available and this is a complete list of shirts that I'm not positive if they should be available.

Tired eyes? Thanks for compiling the lists! That's a lot of work.

PS: I spotlighted your two lists posts so you can just keep updating them if you want.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ellegee wrote:Another question about the digital printing, is it softer than the screen printing? I love the quality of the screen printing but I often pass on large designs because the stiff ink over a big area doesn't fit nicely over the tracts of land.

I didn't notice any difference between the two. The fat unicorn (still unwashed) feels about then same to me as any other new shirt with moderately sized spot colors.

I have a different with a large design of a lot of small images and don't feel any stiffness at all. It's been washed with no problems.

One thing you might notice when you receive the shirt is a bit of a stronger smell from the pre-printing stuff that gets sprayed before printing to make sure everything sticks well. I know there's some technical term for it but darn if I can remember it. I barely noticed it but if you have a sensitive nose, consider this a heads up? It washed out with no problem.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

neuropsychosocial wrote:The following shirts are listed as unavailable: should they be available?

Thanks for the list NP... Most of these are as they should be. We have a way to do a dropdown choice for "duel shirts" such as 'Just the Two of Us' and 'Loves Me, Loves Me Not.' Those are being worked on so hopefully we'll have them up soon.

The other issue we faced is that some shirts, such as 'Make Your Own Luck,' share the same name. Our Cray Supercomputer didn't like this and tried to merge them into some horrible mutant hybrid design that should not and never be. I think we have most of those identified, they just have to be worked through the system now.

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Thanks for all the feedback so far. As TGentry mentioned, you're all a terrific resources for sorting through some of the issues with the catalog.

I wanted to call out the estimated production times as the demand today is having some impact on our turn around times. We'll be working furiously to get these estimates back within our hope of 3-5 days, but bear with us as we work through the initial onslaught.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
safyrejet wrote:What does it say about me that the first category I clicked on was "Math & Science" followed my "Video Games"? :P

Mine was nature, then I just did unsorted. I have six tabs open, so not that bad, they won't all get bought.

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

I second the request for more sorting options! and the one about printing on different colors! and add another to allow for choosing which size (big or small) print independent of the shirt size!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

This is so awesome! I especially appreciate that collab designs have both artists listed. That's really really nice.

To add to list of things askew (just my shirts, because I selfishly looked at those first):

1. Pandora's Friends wasn't a collab. The other artist listed had another shirt that was offered on the same day (they tied in the derby).

2. I Just Can't Reach You is a collab between Ramy and me. It's listed under the user "BootsAndRamy" because that's how we subbed it, but that could be changed.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow

What if a shirt like "It Came Out Of Nowhere" outsold what is currently in the top 20? Would it be revived, or is the top 20 still a one time only affair?

AdderXYU

BootsBoots wrote:This is so awesome! I especially appreciate that collab designs have both artists listed. That's really really nice.

To add to list of things askew (just my shirts, because I selfishly looked at those first):

1. Pandora's Friends wasn't a collab. The other artist listed had another shirt that was offered on the same day (they tied in the derby).

2. I Just Can't Reach You is a collab between Ramy and me. It's listed under the user "BootsAndRamy" because that's how we subbed it, but that could be changed.

yeah, all the ties should be checked for that issue it seems... I saw the same with galaxy (which showed up when searching for you), and wall pixels (which lists KLSwoot but is cheesesandwich, after searching to confirm that woot is still providing avenues for profit for proven plagiarists).

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

I don't wanna be "that guy" that repeatedly posts the same thing, but would just like to have a response from staff on this:

why isn't SEA CHIMP available?

I have a hard time understanding why, as it was already reprinted one time, so it can't be a licensing issue, can it??

It's by far my favorite woot design, and I would love to buy a couple more prints.

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants

This is a mind-boggling development. I really like the search functions and artist pages, as I have severely missed these since shirt.what? stopped updating. I'll add my request for tighter integration of stat tracking for artists and the curious once you're able to even consider adding new features.
As I understand, DTG is not restricted by the same DPI, halftone and even numbers of colours restrictions that screen printing is. Had you considered using artist files before the halftones were created to print from? I know that my Shelf Life and Four Seasons in One Day shirts would better fit the original concept. You could provide an enhanced or premium version of the design. No extra charge required.

AdderXYU

Jestik wrote:I don't wanna be "that guy" that repeatedly posts the same thing, but would just like to have a response from staff on this:

why isn't SEA CHIMP available?

I have a hard time understanding why, as it was already reprinted one time, so it can't be a licensing issue, can it??

It's by far my favorite woot design, and I would love to buy a couple more prints.

Goopy's second print, man-boy, is also listed as not being in print.

I think it's def. a licensing thing. Sea chimp was reprinted during the short lived "classics" program as a remix... was it reprinted in a side sale too? If not, I'm guessing, with only one reprint a week, they just called goopy on the phone, said "yo, bro, this is what we're gonna do," and got his permission for another limited run.

Remember, sea chimp was one of woot's first tees. Not at all shocked someone would be skeptical at first.

Really, though, I think woot coming clean about which tees are and aren't under different contracts (preferably on the product page post reckoning, or else as a little symbol in the corner, like how the derby shirts are marked). It neither harms their or their artists' credibility after the fact to say so, but it does save thousands of emails.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
BootsBoots wrote:This is so awesome! I especially appreciate that collab designs have both artists listed. That's really really nice.

Hey, it's fixed already! That was some lightning fast response time. Awesome!

tabbyfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tabbyfoo

I am so going to go broke. See my signature.