j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
JJrodny wrote:...
One shirt, only available that day. Gone forever the next day.
they already reneged on the idea that the design was one-day-only special by having wootplus.
Before, you could only get it that day, and if you missed it, it was gone forever. There was a special feeling from that. You had to make a choice, that day only, whether you were going to have that shirt or not.
where items were only available once, and gone forever after that. Now all of our woot shirts have lost their uniqueness.

To be fair, the reckoning has been around for almost as long as shirt.woot. Just not well advertised. So the concept of "hare today, goon tomorrow" was never part of Shirt.Woot.

The First Neo

move along

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
arryielle wrote:For those people who were asking for pictures and wondering about how the shirts will look different, my DTG shirt just came in. My long-sleeved, screen-printed one is on the left, the new DTG is on the right.

Replied to your other post as well, but wanted to make sure you saw it:

You're always welcome to contact support@woot.com if you're not satisfied with an order, but this does seem to be in line with the differences in the printing processes. The daily shirts (the original, in this case) was screen printed using inks mixed to get the specific color; with the digital process it's done via CMYK.

There are some definite strengths to this, namely much smoother gradients, more distinct details, and more accurate rendering of the design. Digital finally hit a technological level where we felt the quality was high enough to offer it to our customers, but they will not be identical to the screen prints.

That said, color is something that can be adjusted based on your feedback and we've passed yours on to the shirt folks. They offer their thanks!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

jrs1980

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jrs1980

Whoops. Damned by their own success.

Whoa there! The print-on-demand catalog is closed for now.

Thanks for checking out our full catalog of print-on-demand shirts. It's been a smashing success – literally, in that the demand has smashed our production and shipping plans. We're not taking any new print-on-demand orders so we can focus on getting existing orders out in plenty of time for Christmas.

If you already ordered, fear not: your shirt's on the way. If you want to place a new order for a print-on-demand design, we'll start taking orders again soon.

Check back every so often or watch the Shirt.Woot Facebook page or Twitter feed for updates. And you can still get your Shirt.Woot fix from today's featured design or our Top 20 best-sellers. It's business as usual over there.
Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

JJrodny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JJrodny
Narfcake wrote:...
your concern of losing their uniqueness is overblown IMHO.
The artists who created the designs are getting paid for the new sales, and that I'm very happy about ... that their work can be enjoyed by more people now.

j5 wrote:To be fair, the reckoning has been around for almost as long as shirt.woot. Just not well advertised. So the concept of "hare today, goon tomorrow" was never part of Shirt.Woot.

You guys make good points; you're probably right. And I like that link to the day the shirts died. ;)

I was just venting about seeing the catalog popping up, it immediately made me think Woot was going the cheap and characterless route but you guys make good points. Thanks for listening to my rant

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle
Gatzby wrote:Replied to your other post as well, but wanted to make sure you saw it:

You're always welcome to contact support@woot.com if you're not satisfied with an order, but this does seem to be in line with the differences in the printing processes. The daily shirts (the original, in this case) was screen printed using inks mixed to get the specific color; with the digital process it's done via CMYK.

There are some definite strengths to this, namely much smoother gradients, more distinct details, and more accurate rendering of the design. Digital finally hit a technological level where we felt the quality was high enough to offer it to our customers, but they will not be identical to the screen prints.

That said, color is something that can be adjusted based on your feedback and we've passed yours on to the shirt folks. They offer their thanks!

Thanks Gatzby! I appreciate the fact that you took time to stop by and explain! I went ahead and wrote to support and they'll be sending me a new one soon :-) While waiting, maybe I'll be motivated to go through boxes (we recently moved) and try to find my original shirt (I think it was used for packing kitchen glassware!). Thanks again!

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

tippypaws

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tippypaws
Gatzby wrote:

I ordered "A Horrible Accident" from the new catalog and I put it side by side by my old one which was too small. Like in Arryielle's picture, the colors in the digital version were much more muted and dim compared to the screen printed shirt. It's definitely still a cool shirt, but I just wanted to give my feedback that the colors on the screen-printed ones are much more vibrant. Hopefully that's an issue that can be fixed in the digital printing process.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

During a recent search in the catalog for some shirts (I know they're not printing right now), I noticed that Oh Crud did not show up in a search. It was originally offered in a twofer deal Tie-Dyed Too. The other shirt, Spring Rebirth is in the catalog. I figure that Oh Crud might have been an oversight.

djauhay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djauhay

Can anyone tell how the DTG shirts feel? I am most interested in Oh Deer and that has a big design on it. I am wondering how the DTG printing feels. Thick or thin? THANKS!

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

Just curious - how many shirts now available in the backcatalog have been offered in a side sale since the backcatalog came out? (At least, in a tshirt form)

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Darquis wrote:Just curious - how many shirts now available in the backcatalog have been offered in a side sale since the backcatalog came out? (At least, in a tshirt form)

aye, there's the rub.

Cheaper price, no difference in blank quality (low tho it might be naturally), screenprinted... if one really thought about it, they'd simply keep waiting.

flukeboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flukeboy

Waiting for my 2 shirts to ship - Angry Day and I'm Gonna Let It Shine

wine.woot!: 1; sellout.woot!: 2; shirt.woot!: 40 w/ 1 v-neck & 1 bonus + 2 koozies; 4 randoms @ 3 each & 3 random @ 1 each; shirt.woot!/Classics: 2; & 1 light weight hoodie; woot!: 6; deals.woot!/Community Deals: 2;sport.woot!plus: 1

Flipit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flipit

Staff

djauhay wrote:Can anyone tell how the DTG shirts feel? I am most interested in Oh Deer and that has a big design on it. I am wondering how the DTG printing feels. Thick or thin? THANKS!

IMHO, there is not all that much difference in the feel of Digital vs Screen Printing. Perhaps DTG on a dark garment is ever so slightly a lighter feel, as it is water based, not plastisol(vinyl). But just as in screen printing, digital must put down enough ink to be opaque on a dark garment.

Flipit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flipit

Staff

AdderXYU wrote:... if one really thought about it, they'd simply keep waiting.

Carpe Diem. Our press could get hit by a bus tomorrow. Or more likely in our neighborhood, a Maserati on a test drive.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
AdderXYU wrote:aye, there's the rub.

Cheaper price, no difference in blank quality (low tho it might be naturally), screenprinted... if one really thought about it, they'd simply keep waiting.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but since the introduction of the backcatalog (at least while it was available), I don't think very many shirts were sold as regular tshirts unless they were otherwise unavailable.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

Wondering if we have an ETA for the back catalog to become available?

Woot has stated that they wanted to get all orders out for Christmas, which they did, and that was almost 4 weeks ago.

Just anxious.. that's all

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
neuropsychosocial wrote:Loves Me, Loves Me Not
Just the Two of Us (Derby)
tgentry wrote:Thanks for the list NP... Most of these are as they should be. We have a way to do a dropdown choice for "duel shirts" such as 'Just the Two of Us' and 'Loves Me, Loves Me Not.' Those are being worked on so hopefully we'll have them up soon.

These designs are still listed as "out of print" through All Designs; they need the option to choose one or the other like Pick Your Politic. If that's not possible, could the shirts be split so each has its own page? Someone has requested Just the Two of Us and it's a Derby shirt, so it's definitely an A-contract!

I'm guessing shirt.woot has an A-contract with the designer of Loves Me, Loves Me Not.

BTW, I'm sure you're aware of this, but Rhyming Orange, Recurring Dreams, and Counting Sheep are listed as printing on AA; a spot-check of other "print on demand" royal blue shirts show Anvil blanks.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

sjaburek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjaburek

Soooo... I was hoping to find We Be Rollin' available in the catalog. Is there any particular reason it's not there? I was really hoping to get a replacement one for my boyfriend and was told I could get more information here. Thanks!

thecircuitbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecircuitbox

It says every midnight the catalog opens, but I still have not been able to buy any shirt except the ones that are in current print.

kcjenk42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcjenk42
thecircuitbox wrote:It says every midnight the catalog opens, but I still have not been able to buy any shirt except the ones that are in current print.

Same here. I find it difficult to believe the limit was reached in the 1st minute.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Looks like we had some technical difficulties this a.m. It's being looked into. Hopefully things will work tonight.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kcjenk42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcjenk42
ThunderThighs wrote:Looks like we had some technical difficulties this a.m. It's being looked into. Hopefully things will work tonight.

Thank you!

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

RBBG strikes again - The Cat in the Box doesn't show up in the list when searching by color.

(Feel free to delete this when the issue is resolved.)

computermd82

neuropsychosocial wrote:These designs are still listed as "out of print" through All Designs; they need the option to choose one or the other like Pick Your Politic. If that's not possible, could the shirts be split so each has its own page? Someone has requested Just the Two of Us and it's a Derby shirt, so it's definitely an A-contract!

I'm guessing shirt.woot has an A-contract with the designer of Loves Me, Loves Me Not.

BTW, I'm sure you're aware of this, but Rhyming Orange, Recurring Dreams, and Counting Sheep are listed as printing on AA; a spot-check of other "print on demand" royal blue shirts show Anvil blanks.

Just browsing through the catalog now that it's back up and noticed the same thing about the royal blue shirts.

Will all designs on royal blue print on AA If ordered right now?

Any other colors? (I remember seeing shortages for slate and cranberry recently)

Thanks in advance to those who follow this closely!

"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

neuropsychosocial

computermd82 wrote:Just browsing through the catalog now that it's back up and noticed the same thing about the royal blue shirts.

Will all designs on royal blue print on AA If ordered right now?

Any other colors? (I remember seeing shortages for slate and cranberry recently)

Thanks in advance to those who follow this closely!

ThunderThighs posted in another thread that all royal blue shirts are currently printing on AA. I noticed that the royal blue shirts in the catalog are only available in adult sizes right now, which also supports that royal blue is printing on AA (woot has royal blue AA shirts, but not kids' sizes: kids' sizes were still on Anvil). So... go for it for now and if it arrives on Anvil, email Support with a link to the "Post Christmas Rush" thread!

computermd82

neuropsychosocial wrote:ThunderThighs posted in another thread that all royal blue shirts are currently printing on AA. I noticed that the royal blue shirts in the catalog are only available in adult sizes right now, which also supports that royal blue is printing on AA (woot has royal blue AA shirts, but not kids' sizes: kids' sizes were still on Anvil). So... go for it for now and if it arrives on Anvil, email Support with a link to the "Post Christmas Rush" thread!

That's great news! Thanks!

My poor wallet...

DCAY

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DCAY

I think this is great!

Question though:
One of my designs is not available because it originally called for Glow in the dark ink. The design stands pretty well on it's own without the specialty ink factor, and it was a fairly popular design that almost sold out on its debut. Just curious if it would be possible to disregard the Glow ink and make it available again??? Please?

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/see-no-evil

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

DCAY wrote:I think this is great!

Question though:
One of my designs is not available because it originally called for Glow in the dark ink. The design stands pretty well on it's own without the specialty ink factor, and it was a fairly popular design that almost sold out on its debut. Just curious if it would be possible to disregard the Glow ink and make it available again??? Please?

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/see-no-evil

If you haven't already, you should contact the shirt folks to discuss your design. Try emailing them at artists@woot.com. There may be a better, more appropriate email than that, but--alas--I do not know it. Good luck!

speedogirl2

quality posts: 28 Private Messages speedogirl2
neuropsychosocial wrote:ThunderThighs posted in another thread that all royal blue shirts are currently printing on AA. I noticed that the royal blue shirts in the catalog are only available in adult sizes right now, which also supports that royal blue is printing on AA (woot has royal blue AA shirts, but not kids' sizes: kids' sizes were still on Anvil). So... go for it for now and if it arrives on Anvil, email Support with a link to the "Post Christmas Rush" thread!

I was able to confirm for now, that the All Designs catalog is printing on AA Royal Blue Blanks via Tyler at customer support! Yay!

EDIT: 2/4/13 - I purchased 3 royal blue shirts, Cat in the Box, Friends are Forever, and Recurring Dreams. Only Recurring Dreams arrived on a AA Blank. Very disappointing.

thumperchick

quality posts: 241 Private Messages thumperchick

All royal blue shirts are on AA blanks? ALL? Or are there exceptions?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thumperchick wrote:All royal blue shirts are on AA blanks? ALL? Or are there exceptions?

The Binge and will Wrinkle, In Time continue to be printed on Anvil.

The rest are on AA temporarily.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thumperchick

ThunderThighs wrote:The Binge and will Wrinkle, In Time continue to be printed on Anvil.

Thanks!

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
ThunderThighs wrote:The Binge and will Wrinkle, In Time continue to be printed on Anvil.

Hmmm ... then what's the story for this?

speedogirl2 wrote:I was able to confirm for now, that the All Designs catalog is printing on AA Royal Blue Blanks via Tyler at customer support! Yay!

EDIT: 2/4/13 - I purchased 3 royal blue shirts, Cat in the Box, Friends are Forever, and Recurring Dreams. Only Recurring Dreams arrived on a AA Blank. Very disappointing.

With the sizing differences, clarification from the print shop is needed yet again.

neuropsychosocial

My DTG order showed up on royal blue Anvil two days ago.

viviankb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viviankb

The info I just got from Tyler in customer service is this:

All Royal Blue shirts that have been for sale after the shirt Wrinkled, In Time are on American Apparel in Men's and Women's sizes.

All Royal Blue shirts that have been for sale prior to the shirt Wrinkled, In Time are on Anvil.

neuropsychosocial wrote:My DTG order showed up on royal blue Anvil two days ago.

thumperchick

With all of the confusion and misinformation, I'll just hold off. It's just not worth the hassle to deal with not getting what I actually want out of it. Shame really, I was hoping to grab a few of the shirts I want, but eh. I'll just save the cash.

Thanks to the customers checking in with their order experiences, so I didn't make an $18 mistake.

computermd82

computermd82 wrote:I haven't seen this shirt mentioned, it's one of my favorites and I don't see it in the catalog:

Global Thermonuclear War

I received this in the first set of Randoms I bought and always wanted another.

So I decided to check back, since it's been a while, and voila! there it is!

Was reading in the current Honorable Mentions thread that Woot has been trying to change some contracts over, to add more designs to the catalog.

Not sure if that's the reason, but a big THANK YOU to whomever made it happen!

(Note to Woot, given the recent poll options: For this design which I must have, I will buy it on Anvil. If AA were offered, I would not hesitate to buy 2)

It's back!: