WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

8-Bits of Fun

There's just something  about that pixelated aesthetic that really tickles the nostalgia bone, y'know? That's why we're happy this week to present a collection of pixelated, 8-bit designs on hoodies, long-sleeved shirts, aprons, and tees! 

lonelypond

quality posts: 436 Private Messages lonelypond

Might start using an apron so I can wear the Cake or Death one, such a great Eddie Izzard bit.

slacker44

quality posts: 7 Private Messages slacker44

tigerfish313

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313

I want all 3 of the Nathan W Pyle hoodies. Right now. I held off on the shirts for some reason, and now I know why. Maybe I can talk my husband into making them my Christmas present

mtutick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtutick

If someone is considering buying "Super-Effective" in Men's Medium, I have a brand new one from an old Random sale. It's even an AA shirt... Send me a PM if interested

worseisyet2come

quality posts: 0 Private Messages worseisyet2come

Need more of these as zip-up hoodies rather than pull-over. I would have bought a closet full by now. (Now that I think about it, maybe woot is doing my bank account a favor.)

Tweakish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tweakish
worseisyet2come wrote:Need more of these as zip-up hoodies rather than pull-over. I would have bought a closet full by now. (Now that I think about it, maybe woot is doing my bank account a favor.)

Agreed. But finally ones that are cool enough to consider a pullover...

jessiferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessiferr

I'm still searching for a good first long sleeve woot shirt, as I am lacking long sleeve shirts which is bad here in New England haha. I would totally get the super effective one if it was long sleeve! Considering getting the Tux one...

ufomammut66

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ufomammut66
worseisyet2come wrote:Need more of these as zip-up hoodies rather than pull-over. I would have bought a closet full by now. (Now that I think about it, maybe woot is doing my bank account a favor.)

Ya I've passed on a buncha hoodies I liked cause they pull over. I die inside just a lil bit every time I pass up one of those sweet ass designs.. *single tear*

On a side note it would be awesome if they let you pick the style. Pullover or zip

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jessiferr wrote:I'm still searching for a good first long sleeve woot shirt, as I am lacking long sleeve shirts which is bad here in New England haha. I would totally get the super effective one if it was long sleeve! Considering getting the Tux one...

The tux one would be good for the holidays and a bit warmer than a tee!

I'm just hanging out, really.

safyrejet

quality posts: 122 Private Messages safyrejet

Yay! Super effective is one I've had my eye on, I'm snatching one up.

I'm curious, with these side sale items, are they gonna be the screen printing like the top 20 or will they be the digital printing like the all designs (mostly) catalog? It shows "printed to order" but I want to be sure so I can make a proper comparison on print differences (if any) after I get the shirt.

chipplace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chipplace

Would guarantee the purchase of 2 Cake or Death shirts if you made them available.

Well we're all out of cake....
So my choice is or death?
I'll have the chicken.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

chipplace wrote:Would guarantee the purchase of 2 Cake or Death shirts if you made them available.

Well we're all out of cake....
So my choice is or death?
I'll have the chicken.

you can buy all the shirts now.
even cake or death. ("life choices.")

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

trbofr13nd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trbofr13nd

woot are you KIDDING me? I JUST bought the short-sleeve 8-bit Tux the other day for $18. I wish I had known I could have gotten the more realistic long sleeve for two dollars more today >: (

Sig sig sig sig sig

safyrejet

quality posts: 122 Private Messages safyrejet

Anyone know? Sidesale items like these: are they gonna be digital printed or screen printed? I didn't see anything addressing specifically this in the massive new all designs digital printing discussion, although I coulda missed it....

Narfcake

quality posts: 289 Private Messages Narfcake
safyrejet wrote:Anyone know? Sidesale items like these: are they gonna be digital printed or screen printed? I didn't see anything addressing specifically this in the massive new all designs digital printing discussion, although I coulda missed it....

Screened. DTG is pretty much booked for the rest of the year.

nenespsi1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nenespsi1

I super love these 8 bit hoodies, but maybe I am a little 8 bit myself, I can't figure if the pattern is on the front AND back!?! Anyone out there up to saving your 8 bit princess on this one????

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

nenespsi1 wrote:I super love these 8 bit hoodies, but maybe I am a little 8 bit myself, I can't figure if the pattern is on the front AND back!?! Anyone out there up to saving your 8 bit princess on this one????

No, all of these should be ONLY printed on the front.

Unless someone corrects me, that should be the case.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

ROGETRAY wrote:No, all of these should be ONLY printed on the front.

Unless someone corrects me, that should be the case.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

That's correct, pullover hoodies are all printed on the front.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim

So, I haven't posted much on these boards lately as I've been pretty busy, but I've still been reading most of them.

Anyways, I know it's been done/asked before but I never paid attention to the answers because I'm in Florida and have enough hoodies to get through our terrible winters that we have here. But, now with the catalog being available, I'm more likely to buy plus sale items because of the exclusivity/screen printing/price scale(A pullover is just $7 more than a digitally printed cataloged shirt). Our winter has arrived(haha), so I am now using my hoodies so I feel like I could use another one. 75 degree high on Thanksgiving day, folks!

My question is, how do the pullovers fit? I know there have been pictures and discussions, but I looked briefly and couldn't really find anything. I guess it's been awhile since these first started showing up and most people have already purchased their first ones by now.

I usually buy shirts here one size up so it won't turn into a form fitting shirt after a few wear cycles, and I would think that could apply to a hoodie as well because you want them to be roomy... But, I don't like huge hoodies, so I was thinking of going with my normal size. Is this a mistake?

Thanks everyone for any input... and Narfcake or NPS, If you would rather just link me to a discussion about this than answer, that's perfecty understandable.

Narfcake

renegadetim wrote:...My question is, how do the pullovers fit? ...

I size down on the hoodies, as they're more "standard sized". I posted a picture comparison of a MM hoodie vs. ML shirt here. There are additional discussions throughout that thread.

No comment on the shrinkage, though these are 50/50; I air dry almost all my shirts anyways. I'm sure it'd be way less than the Anvil shirts, however.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
Narfcake wrote:I size down on the hoodies, as they're more "standard sized". I posted a picture comparison of a MM hoodie vs. ML shirt here. There are additional discussions throughout that thread.

No comment on the shrinkage, though these are 50/50; I air dry almost all my shirts anyways. I'm sure it'd be way less than the Anvil shirts, however.

Thanks Narf! Just what I needed, and this is what I thought was the case anyways. Thanks, also, good to see you around here again!

Narfcake

renegadetim wrote:Thanks Narf! Just what I needed, and this is what I thought was the case anyways. Thanks, also, good to see you around here again!

I did say I was going to be back for cake; I've been back since the bake session.

oldcrows40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oldcrows40

Someone stole my shirt first hoodie tonight. Is there any way for me to buy another one?